Marcus Rashford MBE MBE | wins again

romufc

Its quite funny all these people who run their mouths on how to change things, things that need to be changed. e.g. some pundits and ex footballers have strong views on grass root football and always saying xyz need to do something.

Here is a man who is not there to get clicks, instead of coming out with an interview saying no kid should go hungry or every kid should be able to read from young, he is acting on it.

Rashford is putting all those people who are all talk to shame. If you really care about something, you do something about it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Books?! As in chemistry books, as in learning how to make Meth?!

Disgusting from Rashford... Killing society. Some kids can't even afford to eat and he's wasting time trying to get them to read...

Smores

Books?! As in chemistry books, as in learning how to make Meth?!

Disgusting from Rashford... Killing society. Some kids can't even afford to eat and he's wasting time trying to get them to read...
Here we are trying to plant trees to save the world and this millionaire wants to fell them all to push the agenda of lefty authors until we can no longer breathe!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Here we are trying to plant trees to save the world and this millionaire wants to fell them all to push the agenda of lefty authors until we can no longer breathe!
Well actually it's important to fell trees for them to become carbon stores and plant new trees.

He's saving the environment too!

drmuji

I cant have any of his nonsense. What does he want. Literacy??? Why?...

Suv666

Disgraceful from Rashford, pushing the radical left nightmare of well fed and educated kids. Bang out of order.

Drainy

Disgraceful from Rashford, pushing the radical left nightmare of well fed and educated kids. Bang out of order.
It's the Tories worst nightmare. Educated children from working class families taking the opportunities that should be afforded to their 'betters'

United Hobbit

Love that Sir Alex is supporting his campaign

There's a documentary about Rashy coming up soon he pited about it on social media I think its the 21st on the BBC?
I'd love for him to get a banner at OT. Surely he should win sports personality of the year.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Marcus Rashford Speaks Of His Love For Man Utd Says He Could Never Wear Another Club's Shirt

I don't think Rashy owes us eternal loyalty any more than anybody does to any other club. If Barcelona or some other top club calls and he decides. to join them - it will be understandable. But at the same time, if he does stay with United his entire career and has many, many great games with us - it will also be very special and I hope that is how things work out.

Either way - great guy, a very special and admirable personality.

Plymouth Red

Marcus Rashford Speaks Of His Love For Man Utd Says He Could Never Wear Another Club's Shirt

I don't think Rashy owes us eternal loyalty any more than anybody does to any other club. If Barcelona or some other top club calls and he decides. to join them - it will be understandable. But at the same time, if he does stay with United his entire career and has many, many great games with us - it will also be very special and I hope that is how things work out.

Either way - great guy, a very special and admirable personality.
It may not be popular to say this, but equally, the club has to think about results first and foremost and if any player consistently falls short of what’s needed, then they should be replaced.
I’d love to see Rashford ending his days with us as an eventual home grown legend but I don’t currently see him developing in a way that points to this outcome.

Dante

Average bang
I give it 2 years before people on here start using the term 'local lad' as an insult against him.

georgipep

It may not be popular to say this, but equally, the club has to think about results first and foremost and if any player consistently falls short of what’s needed, then they should be replaced.
I’d love to see Rashford ending his days with us as an eventual home grown legend but I don’t currently see him developing in a way that points to this outcome.
Even if he keeps the same level as he is right now, Rashford will be clearly one of our most influential and important players for the coming decade. He is one of the few game changers we have that can score a goal out of nothing. He has delivered consistently for several years now and is still a young and improving player. What are your criteria for performance and development if you believe he is falling short?

Plymouth Red

Even if he keeps the same level as he is right now, Rashford will be clearly one of our most influential and important players for the coming decade. He is one of the few game changers we have that can score a goal out of nothing. He has delivered consistently for several years now and is still a young and improving player. What are your criteria for performance and development if you believe he is falling short?
He has scored 3 times in 13 matches, making him the number 186 scorer in the Premier League so far. His conversion rate for shots to goals is 11.54.
4 assists ranks 45 in the PL And 7 chances created ranks number 166.
Defensively, he has won 7 ariel duels and 10 tackles but no blocks. Based on these stats, he ranks 1307 in the PL.
Yes, he can run fast with the ball at his feet, yes, he can beat his man. That pace won't last for ever. Yes, he can score spectacular goals, but not often enough.
He regularly makes poor decisions about whether to pass (80% success rate) or shoot and his work rate is questionable, especially in terms of challenging and chasing down opponents. There's no obvious sign that his football intelligence is growing at the same pace as his appearances.
This season, he's been disappointing and if that doesn't change, there must be a question mark over him.
Great achievements in his non-football activities but that's not what we're judging him on when he's on the pitch.

HowieC

He has scored 3 times in 13 matches, making him the number 186 scorer in the Premier League so far. His conversion rate for shots to goals is 11.54.
Defensively, he has won 7 ariel duels and 10 tackles but no blocks. Based on these stats, he ranks 1307 in the PL.
Yes, he can run fast with the ball at his feet, yes, he can beat his man. That pace won't last for ever. Yes, he can score spectacular goals, but not often enough.
He regularly makes poor decisions about whether to pass (80% success rate) or shoot and his work rate is questionable, especially in terms of challenging and chasing down opponents. There's no obvious sign that his football intelligence is growing at the same pace as his appearances.
This season, he's been disappointing and if that doesn't change, there must be a question mark over him.
Great achievements in his non-football activities but that's not what we're judging him on when he's on the pitch.
Very good post. I actually think he is a rather poor footballer in a technical sense. Poor touches and all. If we get the chance, must upgrade

Grande

I think you’re wrong about that, which will make us both happy in that case. His development has been like normal development - in ups and downs, with longer ups than downs.August till February last season he was the best he has been yet, and our best player. From July until now has been a down for him, and wether it’s the other side of a back injury, bad reaction to the lockdown etc, or blurring focus or hunger stemming from his humanitarian activities, I think more points towards this being a down than towards him having found his level two steps down from were he already have been.

I agree his decision making has gone from erratic to erroneous, his touches has gone from not untouchable to out of touch, and his chilll in front of goal has gone lukewarm. His backtracking I believe is more about instructions he gets from the coaches, a calculated risk to save his sprints for higher up the pitch and leave us with a way out.

I still think that both him and Maguire have been affected somewhat by their very different dealings outside of the football this summer on, they both look like responsible guys being uncharacteristically absent minded for trying to compete on an elite level.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m sorry but if Rashford is one of our most important & influential players for the next decade, then unless he significantly improves, the next decade is not going to be a fruitful one. He has his moments & he is capable of the spectacular from time to time, but in terms of his technical ability in the ball, he isn’t good enough to be starting for a team who want to win a league title.

Listen, I know people don’t want to hear this because he’s a great lad off the pitch & he’s an academy boy, but upgrading on him wouldn’t be that difficult. He just isn’t anywhere near consistently good enough, and his decision making is honestly woeful for the most part. He plays terrible more often than he plays well. Notice I use the word “terrible” I’m not just talking about a quiet game or slightly below average. Marcus will play outright terrible far more often than he will play well. A lot of his absolute stinkers have been swept under the rug because he’ll pop up with a moment in the game, but he is not a footballer we should be building our team around. I know we all want him to be, but he’s far more suited to being an impact player off the bench. Running at tired legs would be a perfect role for him.

Is he any better than Diogo Jota or Ferran Torres? These are our rivals back-ups, if our nailed on starter isn’t considerably better than our rivals back-ups (which he clearly isn’t) then we’re not going anywhere any time soon

Last edited:

georgipep

Yet again, he has scored 6 goals in 6 games in the Champions League, including a hat-trick. He is also one of the few players we have that opponents cannot handle. He has been showing steady improvements ever since he made his debut. Last season he added a lot more combinative play to his arsenal and this season he has been a very potent instrument even if it is obvious he is carrying a shoulder injury.

I would not even begin thinking about replacing him. We must be having at our disposal at least two players who are both better than him at his position to do that. And there aren't many in the world that are.

Plymouth Red

I appreciate all the responses to my post and I agree completely that Rashford has played some fabulous football for us since coming into the team.
My comments were based on his recent form, because to me, that’s the most appropriate way to assess his direction of travel. As they say when buying stocks and shares, past performance is no indicator of future returns.
Theres no avoiding the strong emotional bond with him based on several valid factors, but my counsel would be to keep a clinical and detached eye on what is happening now, pitchside. It’s what he does from now on that’s important, not the goals he has already scored.

acnumber9

What are your thoughts on a player like Sadio Mane? Is there a question mark over him? Because not only has Rashford out scored him in all competitions, his conversion rate is better too. He also has less assists and less chances created than Rashford.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rashford just needs that player in his prime to put him back where he belongs - for United not to be overly reliant on a young player.

No team wins titles with 6+ young players so we need to think about who and where and when we fit them in.

He needs a significant 6 month break coming off the bench for United and that will happen when United buy a striker to start their games and possibly a wider creative player.

I think it will happen bit by bit.

We are getting some depth slowly.

Plymouth Red

What are your thoughts on a player like Sadio Mane? Is there a question mark over him? Because not only has Rashford out scored him in all competitions, his conversion rate is better too. He also has less assists and less chances created than Rashford.
Good comparison. Rashford's outperformed him on every metric this season and he's five years younger. I would definitely expect the Liverpool fans to be questioning his effectiveness this season, as he seems to be off the boil.
The true comparison would be if we can look five years ahead and see how Marcus is performing then. Hopefully, it will be better than he is now.
But what would you recommend if it isn't and if the next five years were consistently at today's level of performance? Would you replace him and if so, how long would you wait before doing so?

HowieC

As mr Cartwheel has rightfully pointed out, when Rashford plays badly, it is absolutely terrible. For some reason people seem to deliberately ignore these constant poor performances, while with martial even his body language is analyzed.

Rashford has had how many seasons in top level football now?He has been consistently inconsistent barring the three month period last season, due to his poor technical skill for the top level, and brainless decisions.

Can’t say the same about Mane’s skill and football iq. He has been a consistently great player. Sometimes I don’t know if our fans watch the games objectively and actually see what goes on on the field, or have simply bought into narratives such as “home grown future star” etc.

arthurka

Good comparison. Rashford's outperformed him on every metric this season and he's five years younger. I would definitely expect the Liverpool fans to be questioning his effectiveness this season, as he seems to be off the boil.
The true comparison would be if we can look five years ahead and see how Marcus is performing then. Hopefully, it will be better than he is now.
But what would you recommend if it isn't and if the next five years were consistently at today's level of performance? Would you replace him and if so, how long would you wait before doing so?
I will tell you one thing players aren´t machines and this period will impact them greatly. You can see many players struggle especially player playing at the highest level, Utd had 2 weeks off. No rest and not getting time to clear your head will do that to you. Rashford will be ok don´t worry, he will be remembered as one of the greats when he hangs up his boots. As you can see I have a lot of time for Rashford he just has that special something not flawless but it´s hard to point your finger at it.

georgipep

I’m sorry but if Rashford is one of our most important & influential players for the next decade, then unless he significantly improves, the next decade is not going to be a fruitful one. He has his moments & he is capable of the spectacular from time to time, but in terms of his technical ability in the ball, he isn’t good enough to be starting for a team who want to win a league title.

Listen, I know people don’t want to hear this because he’s a great lad off the pitch & he’s an academy boy, but upgrading on him wouldn’t be that difficult. He just isn’t anywhere near consistently good enough, and his decision making is honestly woeful for the most part. He plays terrible more often than he plays well. Notice I use the word “terrible” I’m not just talking about a quiet game or slightly below average. Marcus will play outright terrible far more often than he will play well. A lot of his absolute stinkers have been swept under the rug because he’ll pop up with a moment in the game, but he is not a footballer we should be building our team around. I know we all want him to be, but he’s far more suited to being an impact player off the bench. Running at tired legs would be a perfect role for him.

Is he any better than Diogo Jota or Ferran Torres? These are our rivals back-ups, if our nailed on starter isn’t considerably better than our rivals back-ups (which he clearly isn’t) then we’re not going anywhere any time soon
He is MUCH better than both Jota and Ferran Torres. There is a reason why Torres cannot even break into City's first X

I'm sorry but you're a WUM and should be ignored. Tonight's game has been another piece of evidence how clueless and nonsensical your argument is.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
As mr Cartwheel has rightfully pointed out, when Rashford plays badly, it is absolutely terrible. For some reason people seem to deliberately ignore these constant poor performances, while with martial even his body language is analyzed.

Rashford has had how many seasons in top level football now?He has been consistently inconsistent barring the three month period last season, due to his poor technical skill for the top level, and brainless decisions.

Can’t say the same about Mane’s skill and football iq. He has been a consistently great player. Sometimes I don’t know if our fans watch the games objectively and actually see what goes on on the field, or have simply bought into narratives such as “home grown future star” etc.
Poor technical skill :lol: :lol:
Lets hope you're not watching the game tonight, poorer words have not been spoken for a while.

Cecc07

Oh, come one Shefield are absolutely terrible, stop overreacting. And again he has 2 huge misses and his second goal was a bit lucky. The great thing is that even when he is not at his best he still scored. That is a good sign.

Last edited:

acnumber9

Shouldn’t be starting every game.......Brilliant performance, they were terrified of him.