Marcus Rashford (Out) | Ornstein: United want to keep, will only consider substantial bids

Jordi Cruyff 99

Doesn't really matter to me.

I assume you would work harder for Pep Guardiola than working hard for someone as rubbish as me in a management position.

Similarly- Rashford knows Ten Hag is a poor manager and is simply not trying for his manager & still gets chosen by who? The manager.

Shows how average Ten Hag is.
This is such a weird take. Football players should be self-motivated.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Really hope Sir Jim sees past this bloke's crocodile tears. Enough is enough.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Agreed. He's earning life-changing money so what's the problem? Do they think he'd have come into more money by leaving? The one and only thing people want to see from him is actual effort on the pitch and that's beyond him, so it's not hard to surmise that he doesn't care enough.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

I enjoyed the article - it's a PR piece obviously but I think it's his genuine feelings. He's just not that good right now and maybe won't get back to what he was.

Born2Lose

Some posts make no sense to me. You can read that Rashford's football skills, attitude, commitment, are really below par. But then that Man Utd should sell him for a shitload of money. I suspect big clubs and their recruiting teams can assess how much of a problem he is. Would YOU pay top money for him?
This. The irony of it all is the only club stupid enough to sign a joker like Rashford for big money would be United. Although he has played under Ten Hag now so that would tick that box.

RedRocket08

The one reason I'm okay with his low work rate is because I think he knows he plays for a rubbish manager & arguably some rubbish team mates chosen by a rubbish manager. I wonder what a player with average to low work rate would feel like post Onana's performances in the CL or Antony's in the PL.

Arguably nearly 60% of redcafe wants Ten Hag sacked from his Job - so I personally doubt that these 60% of people would have a high level of work rate working in a Ten Hag system either never mind the club shirt they play for. I just view Rashford in that 60% of society that knows Ten Hag isn't good enough so doesn't or wouldn't work hard for him.

I personally wouldn't work hard for Ten Hag as I would for a top level manager. Whether Rashford gets chosen for a top level manager is a different story. Rashford is an overpayed player - but it wouldn't surprise me if a new & better manager managed to get a better version out of him again next season. It may be just another purple patch - but I doubt a good manager playing a good team wouldn't get a good version of Rashford.
Whether he plays for a bad manager or not, why should fans be OK with his low workrate? That is not the standard that we expect of a United player, one that puts no effort on the pitch. Jose Mourinho was a top level manager who had worked with forwards like Ronaldo, Benzema, Drogba, Hazard, Ibra, Etoo etc. etc. and it took him 2 months to decide that Rashford is not very good - I just don't see any top level manager rating Rashford as some world class player tbh.

This is not because I dislike Rashford or anything, good luck to him and I think he's an alright person off the pitch and all that, but he's a very one-dimensional player that doesn't suit a pressing game - He'd suit the style PSG play where players like Messi, Neymar, and Mbappe did no defensive work. I think that's probably the best club for a player like Rashford, they probably will walk Ligue 1 with him but won't win the CL of course. With or without this current manager, I'd rather sell him than try to make him a focal point of our team.

FerociousCorgis

yeah cant be bothered to feel sorry for him. Just because you grew up in the area doesnt overlook the fact you are getting paid like a world class player while strolling about putting in half ass effort. Dont understand why we should be grateful his family passed up life changing money elsewhere so he could get life changing money here? Be different if he passed that up and was getting paid like 100 dollars a week now or something. You play a damn game and get paid ridiculously well for it.

Brophs

The One and Only
Players Tribune….

That’s a negatory, good buddy.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The one reason I'm okay with his low work rate is because I think he knows he plays for a rubbish manager & arguably some rubbish team mates chosen by a rubbish manager. I wonder what a player with average to low work rate would feel like post Onana's performances in the CL or Antony's in the PL.

Arguably nearly 60% of redcafe wants Ten Hag sacked from his Job - so I personally doubt that these 60% of people would have a high level of work rate working in a Ten Hag system either never mind the club shirt they play for. I just view Rashford in that 60% of society that knows Ten Hag isn't good enough so doesn't or wouldn't work hard for him.

I personally wouldn't work hard for Ten Hag as I would for a top level manager. Whether Rashford gets chosen for a top level manager is a different story. Rashford is an overpayed player - but it wouldn't surprise me if a new & better manager managed to get a better version out of him again next season. It may be just another purple patch - but I doubt a good manager playing a good team wouldn't get a good version of Rashford.
The amazing thing is you imagine this post shows up Ten Hag as a fraud & works as a fine defence for Rashford. Rather than undermine yourself:lol:

AndySmith1990

Typical self serving PR bullshit. If only he put as much effort into his performances as he does on his public image

Jesus you angry bastards, he clearly loves the club, what the feck is wrong with you?

You don’t have to like his playing style, or rate him, but questioning now everything he says nice about his love of his boyhood as PR? Get a fecking grip of yourselves.

AndySmith1990

Jesus you angry bastards, he clearly loves the club, what the feck is wrong with you?

You don’t have to like his playing style, or rate him, but questioning now everything he says nice about his love of his boyhood as PR? Get a fecking grip of yourselves.
People who "clearly" love the organisation they work for show it everyday through the work they do. He shows nothing but contempt for the club with his disgraceful lack of effort, so get off your high horse

Overhaul FC

It's astonishing how immature he is for a 26 year old.

Get him gone. A person with his personality could never succeed at the highest level. We need proper mentalities going forward to compete. Cash in and move on.

If he stays it can only mean INEOS are about marketing and shirt sales as much as the Glazers were.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
People who "clearly" love the organisation they work for show it everyday through the work they do. He shows nothing but contempt for the club with his disgraceful lack of effort, so get off your high horse
This.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives

Early contender for post of the year!!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Mate..... This is how it is on here. I don't fight it anymore, waste of energy....

led_scholes

Someone must explain him that a poor kid in UK is far more privileged than most of the kids in rest of the world. Thousands of players come from Latam, Africa, Balkans etc. Fair play to him for making it (because he has) but other players made it under far more difficult circumstances, so I don't get this constant reminder of his upbringing.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

I'm glad I'm not your employer

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I don’t think in general people have questioned his love for the club, but rather his work rate and desire, which is basically based on what is seen on the pitch.

I think if he was trying and failing it would be bad form, but the lack of effort is what gets on everyone’s titts. And the talk of this manager or that manager, Marcus really has gone through similar spells under multiple managers.

I don’t blame him for the wages the club gave him, but it’s a bit rich mentioning he gave up money when he’s on 300,000+ pounds a week.

United fans love academy products. So just turn it around on the pitch and you’re good Marcus.

Chairman Steve

I’m of the opinion that SAF would have him out the door.
If Ferguson has the ears of Brailsford and Ratcliffe, he’d probably tell them that.

Theres a story that Brailsford tells where he met Ferguson over a decade ago as the Team GB Cycling head coach and picked his brains over team management. Brailsford asked what was his secret to constant success and longevity.

Ferguson just stated ‘Get rid of the cnuts’.

Rajma

Grow up.

OleGunnar20

I think it'd be best for both parties if we moved him on in the summer. As a supposed leader and senior player he sets an awful example on the pitch. I've not idea how he is off it day to day, but we've seen incidents on a couple of occasions now.

More than anything I don't understand why you'd come out with a piece like this when you show so little desire on the pitch 90% of the time? If he's not aware of how he looks to us watching the game then someone really needs to drum it into him.

When he's going at it full pelt he can be a cracking player. But he's getting into his supposed peak now and his game will not age well on the way down. I'd be surprised to see more than one red hot season from him if he stays here.

Talk someone into a £60m+ deal and let's move on.

soapythecat

His PR team have had a mare here. No one is buying this crap. He could shut the whole world up by running and putting an effort in. He took the easy option of getting his team to create this level of shit. Just feck off - or put some effort in.

git_united

It’s going to click for him soon. I anticipate a strong finish to the season. I’ll go with 1 in 2 till the season runs out. #RashfordIn

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Grow up.
:lol: he might be one of the worst players off the ball I’ve seen over the last decade

Also those comments - what a lack of self awareness. Makes it sound like the clubs owes him. How about looking at your own “performances” over the last year or so?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Manchester United were never going to make him a pauper, so what's his point?
I get that he could possibly be one of those kids who turned down a strong education (hence stable route to money) to peruse a career at a football club - which may or may not work out eventually. However that’s what many sportspersons do to follow their dreams. What he forgets is that this should not matter - all the players we’ve signed have made sacrifices over their careers / youth. That doesn’t excuse strolling around the pitch like an entitled brat for years now. He isn’t even good enough in general for all this fuss - I’d sell him this summer. But I don’t think the new regime will want to rock that boat.

git_united

What’s it with some of these takes? 6-7 years ago it wasn’t guaranteed that he’d end up on a massive contract. He’s explaining that he had offers that would have changed the life of his family at that time. He chose to wait it out because he loved the club. Players who take that route mostly don’t end up the way he did with a ridiculously fat contract so it was a risky move ex ante. He’s not saying the club owes/owed him anything. He’s saying media/fans owe him the benefit of the doubt.

But yeah this entire piece was ill-advised…just do it on the pitch.