Marilyn Manson

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've only recently been reading up about the guy. Weird as hell but I find him so interesting!

Polarising character no doubt, what's the caf views on him as a person and him as a talent?

GBBQ

I've only recently been reading up about the guy. Weird as hell but I find him so interesting!

Polarising character no doubt, what's the caf views on him as a person and him as a talent?
Is he actually weird though or is it all an act? I remember him saying something to that effect in Bowling for Columbine.

Was never a fan but did like a couple of songs back in the 00s.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He's probably one of the best examples of an urban legend that spread worldwide before the internet (the myth that he had ribs removed)

GBBQ

He's probably one of the best examples of an urban legend that spread worldwide before the internet (the myth that he had ribs removed)
Also that he is Paul from The Wonder Years

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Is he actually weird though or is it all an act? I remember him saying something to that effect in Bowling for Columbine.

Was never a fan but did like a couple of songs back in the 00s.
He is a genuine practicing Satanist, as far as I am aware, but I'd also guess that a lot of his persona is greatly exaggerated to suit his stage show.

Growing up and getting into punk and heavy metal in the late 90s, MM was huge at that time, but he was one act that I just didn't get. Never really liked any of the songs that I've heard by him. He seems like a very intelligent chap though, and a rather interesting person. And good on him for kicking Twiggy out of the band when it came to light that he was a total piece of shit.

AndyJ1985

He's not "weird", he only looks "weird" relative to what mainstream culture considers normal. He's a fairly intelligent bloke; articulate and speaks a lot of sense. In my eyes the celebrity worshipping culture who are addicted to reality TV and social media and follow trends like sheep are the people who are weird. What I find amusing is it's considered fashionable and perfectly normal for a group of blokes to wear skinny jeans and grow a shit bushy beard, but being a pale goth in makeup is considered strange behaviour.

GBBQ

He's not "weird", he only looks "weird" relative to what mainstream culture considers normal. He's a fairly intelligent bloke; articulate and speaks a lot of sense. In my eyes the celebrity worshipping culture who are addicted to reality TV and social media and follow trends like sheep are the people who are weird. What I find amusing is it's considered fashionable and perfectly normal for a group of blokes to wear skinny jeans and grow a shit bushy beard, but being a pale goth in makeup is considered strange behaviour.
I don;t think Goth culture is weird but I think Manson 100% is weird and that this is exactly the effect he is after. Look at him in the video for dope show, thats not a fashion choice, its being specifically provocative to be seen as weird. Nothing wrong with it but to think its anything other than a curated look to shock is probably underestimating how calculated the character of Manson is.

MadMike

I was a bit of a fan of his during his prime, which I considered to be late 90s and early 00s. I considered the 3 albums he came out with during that period
(Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood) his best work. After that period my music taste shifted as I moved out of my teenage years. I still occasionally listen to his old material, mostly for nostalgia's sake.

As with many hard rock/metal bands you know most of the crazy or erratic behaviour is part of the show and some is also exacerbated/encouraged by use of drugs. He was going for that shock-horror effect and it worked for him commercially. It still works in the modern music industry too. Big part of Lady Gaga's success was this whole grotesque act she was putting up. Manson was almost a pioneer of it.

As a person he seems an intelligent fella and he's a very talented musician in my opinion. He is however an abysmal singer, something that pretty much anyone who's watched him live will testify. The studio vocals are very heavily distorted and probably autotuned too. On live he struggles to produce anything resembling a decent singing voice.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I think many would find the actual practicing of Satanism to be weird. I don't know if he still does, but I read a book about the Church of Satan some years ago, and it was stated that he considers himself a Satanist, and is considered to be the most famous Satanist in the world.

Then again, the Church of Satan is widely misunderstood, where people see the word Satan and think it is some sort of force for hatred and evil, but it isn't. If laid out side by side next to the lunacy that is Christianity, it probably wouldn't seem so weird. I guess that comes back to your point, fashionable and mainstream culture is much more widely accepted, no matter what it is.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
When you remember that his actual name is Brian Hugh Warner, suddenly he doesn't appear to scary :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
Was a huge fan when I was younger, still listen every now and again.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Was good live during his Anti Christ / Holy Wood phase.
Then he kind of regressed and made a few crap albums I never even knew were released at the time. His Born Villain album was a step back to his decent music.
As a person I think he went for the shock effect to get over but the gimmick wore off and then got into the celebrity lifestyle.
Now I think he still has a good fanbase but if you don't purposely go looking for his stuff you'll be none the wiser what he's up to.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Caught him live twice in the space of about a month at different festivals and he was shockingly bad both times.

Generally have vaguely positive feelings towards him though as the only people likely to be annoyed by his shtick are people I'm quite happy to see annoyed.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Always seemed like a smart, insightful guy in interviews. Never really cared much for the music.

Claymore

He is a genuine practicing Satanist, as far as I am aware,

Yeah he's proper satanic and hung around with that church leader of it La vey. Also many of his album covers do have the eye symbolism or 'illuminati' whatever you wanna call it, hand covering one eye etc and he wears the freemason society ring, he's into dodgy people no doubt but as others have said, when interviewed he talks really well. I like song of his songs like fight song that Jason Statham is monk too in the football film mean machine when he daydreams of knocking out the guards.

(Although a lot of music artists doing that silly symbolism in photoshoots or videos ie. Gaga, elie goulding etc are no doubt told to do it by the record company etc, its not them themselves, they just whore out for money)

The Bloody-Nine

LaVey's church of satan is about as far removed from the traditional view of satanism as you can get. It basically boils down to 'don't be an asshole' and 'don't tell people what to do'. Pretty reasonable stuff.

Kag

Shit music, thoroughly artificial persona and partly responsible for a large band of strange individuals that once considered themselves individual and different - many of whom have now grown up and since realised how utterly daft they looked (and at times behaved) in their youth.

Probably a decent bloke, however, and his career has been a giant success. Good on him.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
A horrible live musician. But I liked him quite a bit when I was younger. Seems to be an intelligent guy, somewhat weird, though. Think he’s alright.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I do love some of his music and he seems a pretty smart guy. Completely nuts though. I think he used to do stuff like cut himself on stage and all sorts of other weird shit.

He is performing at Download next year so I will probably give him a look if I go.

The Bloody-Nine

I do love some of his music and he seems a pretty smart guy. Completely nuts though. I think he used to do stuff like cut himself on stage and all sorts of other weird shit.

He is performing at Download next year so I will probably give him a look if I go.
People like Iggy Pop and GG Allin were cutting themselves on stage 35 years ago. MM might be the most unoriginal turd of all time.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah he's proper satanic and hung around with that church leader of it La vey. Also many of his album covers do have the eye symbolism or 'illuminati' whatever you wanna call it, hand covering one eye etc and he wears the freemason society ring, he's into dodgy people no doubt but as others have said, when interviewed he talks really well. I like song of his songs like fight song that Jason Statham is monk too in the football film mean machine when he daydreams of knocking out the guards.

(Although a lot of music artists doing that silly symbolism in photoshoots or videos ie. Gaga, elie goulding etc are no doubt told to do it by the record company etc, its not them themselves, they just whore out for money)
@Carolina Red

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Beautiful people and the sweet dreams cover were decent. As others have said, he is an articulate guy too. No idea about all of the satan crap tbh. He did seem to riles the middle classes in the late 90s/early 2000s, which probably means he was doing something right.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I always thought he was a cock playing at being weird and controvertial in the same was as Lady Gaga.
I don't know much about either of them as the only cock I am interested in is mine.

John_Jensen

Don't find it weird but i do find it funny when they brand other people sheep etc after putting on their uniform.

Claymore

Oh my...

No, @Claymore, Manson is not a Freemason.

Well he wears the freemason compass ring and certainly does as he's told with regards to other matters... (Why would he visably wear the ring, is it like Simon Cowell riding a jetski around with the logo on and not being a freemason then? Explain... )

To me its a load of nonsene what those elites are into at the top, satanic parties and crap but basically if you want to be big, you do all that crap and then you sell millions, get listed in youtube recommends, radio playlists, tv etc and earn big money.

Claymore

I always thought he was a cock playing at being weird and controvertial in the same was as Lady Gaga.
I don't know much about either of them as the only cock I am interested in is mine.

Gaga seems pretty normal when in her own clothes etc and not going to an award show. I saw a presentation she did a university to students, saying how she was sick of doing things to be famous and was starting to say no. She wore just a normal t shirt and jeans, normal every day makeup. Again, think those starts are under pressure to do lots of stuff.

Carolina Red

Staff
Well he wears the freemason compass ring and certainly does as he's told with regards to other matters... (Why would he visably wear the ring, is it like Simon Cowell riding a jetski around with the logo on and not being a freemason then? Explain... )
Just because you have one of our rings on doesn’t make you one of us.

He coulda bought that at just about any jewelry store. He’s wearing it for the same reason as rappers wear “Illuminati” stuff... publicity.

Claymore

Just because you have one of our rings on doesn’t make you one of us.

He coulda bought that at just about any jewelry store. He’s wearing it for the same reason as rappers wear “Illuminati” stuff... publicity.

Oh right, what level are you then, two? There's people out there that 33 degree free mason. If Marylon Manson was one, I doubt he be calling you up to let you know. Again, the pertinent point is here, they are way above our working class, football loving pay grade.

Oh and rappers wear that stuff for publicity do they? So are you saying Manson and Gaga or Eminem do those symbols all over their photoshoots or albums covers for mere publicity? Come on man, MOST people, the masses, don't even know about this stuff, it would not sell any extra units at all, they do it because they directed to. Some may jump on the bandwaggon but its clear to me, and certainly clear to those involved in the industries that you do that, you get paid, its a big gang. Way above us. Free masons are mainly pedos IMO.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Oh right, what level are you then, two? There's people out there that 33 degree free mason. If Marylon Manson was one, I doubt he be calling you up to let you know. Again, the pertinent point is here, they are way above our working class, football loving pay grade.

Oh and rappers wear that stuff for publicity do they? So are you saying Manson and Gaga or Eminem do those symbols all over their photoshoots or albums covers for mere publicity? Come on man, MOST people, the masses, don't even know about this stuff, it would not sell any extra units at all, they do it because they directed to. Some may jump on the bandwaggon but its clear to me, and certainly clear to those involved in the industries that you do that, you get paid, its a big gang. Way above us. Free masons are mainly pedos IMO.
:lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

:lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think he is a practicing satanist. He says he reads the Satan books just like he reads the Bible and on the same level as he reads The Cat in the Hat, ie. They are all fantasy books.

Classical Mechanic

If the masons are a secretive and esoteric organisation then why would you advertise your membership to millions and millions of people in music videos?