Mario Mandžukić

poleglass red

I'm not overly excited about this transfer, but I can maybe understand it in the short term. My problem is not that the player is finished, is who will create chances for him. Right now we could put Aguero up front for us and he'd struggle. We've a big problem with creativity from our midfield and that includes when Pogba plays.

Godfather

He was injured for a good part of last season. It's true he isnt a profilic scorer but offers a lot more as a striker besides goal.
That's what people say about Lingard too and we saw how that turned out.

Just kidding though. That guy makes sense. For one and a half year you can't go wrong with him imo.

Ban

That's what people say about Lingard too and we saw how that turned out.

Just kidding though. That guy makes sense. For one and a half year you can't go wrong with him imo.
:)
I tell you, in half a year he'd already have a song. :)

Roboc7

Surely this would be a free transfer with Juve paying some of his wages. He’s 33, best days are gone, hasn’t played a minute all season, he’s desperate to go and their desperate to get rid.

Free transfer and 18 month deal on pretty low wages is only way this deal should happen.

SAFMUTD

He has played on the left side before too if we want martial up top. Rashford should be tried on the right to see if he can perform there. Or drop him and play James there
We have Rashford, James and Martial for the left side...so theres no need for another LW player, specially Mandzukic who is more of a "defensive striker". Regarding moving Rashford it has been done several times and it doesnt work at all, James has been tried two times on the right if I recall correctly and he works way better on the left.

SAFMUTD

I'm sure they will be a plenty to choose from in January.
Not.
If he'll be on decent wage we won't have trouble passing him on later.
Old players decline fast and heavily. Look at Matic, Valencia, Vidic, Schweinsteiger for example they all fell from a cliff and once they where done they were pretty much useless. I just dont see how signing a 33-34 year old striker from serie A is a good idea specially Mandzukic who hasnt been no where near a special player.

Ban

Old players decline fast and heavily. Look at Matic, Valencia, Vidic, Schweinsteiger for example they all fell from a cliff and once they where done they were pretty much useless. I just dont see how signing a 33-34 year old striker from serie A is a good idea specially Mandzukic who hasnt been no where near a special player.
Not all old players decline fast and heavily.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not all old players decline fast and heavily.
Mandzukic since to have done that unfortunately which is normal for a player whose style is built around passion and work rate. That's style is pretty taxing on the body.

Ban

Mandzukic since to have done that unfortunately which is normal for a player whose style is built around passion and work rate. That's style is pretty taxing on the body.
Yeah we won't agree on that one definitely.

norm87cro

He is the right type of player (unlike Rakitic for example) for this league and he would surley fit the team in posseisson and without it. He would probably influence the young guys up front positivley as a professional and someone to look up too. He's won it all with Bayern and was great for Juventus too. He's seen it all on international level as well so if we are not breaking the bank for him we should definetly sign. That being said he is obviously a short term fix and someone to fill the squad with some quality while we are looking to sign more young players in the summer.

Bestietom

For 9million we will get a player who will get us out of this rut. He will maybe not break records in the scoring department but he will help others by holding up play and creating chances for them. He is very good at this and is a big strong presence. what we are missing up front.

Needham

Chelsea tried something like this last year and he was a complete flop.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Surely this would be a free transfer with Juve paying some of his wages. He’s 33, best days are gone, hasn’t played a minute all season, he’s desperate to go and their desperate to get rid.

Free transfer and 18 month deal on pretty low wages is only way this deal should happen.
sure mate, you will also have a signed postcard of him with paratici smiling from behind :lol:

Roboc7

sure mate, you will also have a signed postcard of him with paratici smiling from behind :lol:
If they wont let him got for free they can keep paying his wages for 18 months. Utd shouldn’t be paying a fee for him, he has no transfer value in current circumstances.

Lee565

agree with others mentioning this should be a loan, it once again shows how inept we are in the transfer market when Chelsea were able to get Juve's 70 million pound striker on loan but we can't negotiate getting juve's deadwood striker on loan, it's a joke.

Adcuth

We have Rashford, James and Martial for the left side...so theres no need for another LW player, specially Mandzukic who is more of a "defensive striker". Regarding moving Rashford it has been done several times and it doesnt work at all, James has been tried two times on the right if I recall correctly and he works way better on the left.
Martial will play up front, James can play right sided and Rashford should be benched

Suedesi

I think he'd be a good January signing. He'd offer goals, pressing, good build up play and lots of off the ball play which often goes unnoticed. Always leaves his hart on the pitch and he'd be an instant fan favorite.
Bring Mario to United please. Hvala.

NeQuient

I would take Zlatan over him anytime,maybe he is a bit rusty now,but he have this being in right płace at right time trait, that make him such a profilic goalscorer.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Jovic signed a contract with Real less than 6 months ago. And it remains to be seen whether he wants to come here or no.
Knowing Real, they ll ask us for Pogba foe sure...
Pogba for Jovic + £100m I'll drive him to the airport myself.

SAFMUTD

Martial will play up front, James can play right sided and Rashford should be benched
So our best option to sort the right wing somehow is buying a 33 year old striker and move 2 players out of position...still doesnt look like a great idea, maybe we can buy a right winger instead? I know it sounds crazy but hey its just an option...

Ziggy Starduster

I honestly can’t believe some folk want this transfer. We really have become desperate and reaching the bottom quickly.
He will want pretty big wages and at least a 2 year contract. No way he comes for a smaller contract.
What will he give us? 5, 10 league goals if he starts when Martial doesn’t? Sounds like the biggest transfers feck up since Sanchez.
Surely, surely, surely, there is a mobile and reliable goal threat we can bring in in January that will be a better option than this guy.
That said, come Sunday evening, the club will be so desperate to save face Woodward will buy anyone. What a mess.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What's the point in signing Mandzukic? He thrives off quality delivery. We've got two of the poorest attacking fullbacks known to man and a crap midfield that doesn't create anything unless Pogba is a) playing and b) up for it.

He'd struggle badly for us. We just don't have the players to suit him.

Adcuth

So our best option to sort the right wing somehow is buying a 33 year old striker and move 2 players out of position...still doesnt look like a great idea, maybe we can buy a right winger instead? I know it sounds crazy but hey its just an option...
This is exactly our transfer policy recently unfortunately

Judas

Open to offers
Couldn't get excited in the summer for this, can't now. I think if he's our striker signing in January it has all the chances of it backfiring and us just having another human paper weight needing to be shifted come next summer.

Red_toad

If he’s the answer why did we offload the big fella shortly after Ole arrived? We got what 8 million for him?

Roboc7

If he’s the answer why did we offload the big fella shortly after Ole arrived? We got what 8 million for him?
Mainly because he wanted to leave and go play in China. He also wasn’t a striker and averaged 2 Premier League goals per season with us so probably not the answer.

Mandzukic has never been very prolific, now his best days are gone and he’ll be expected to score goals in a team that doesn’t create chances.

I really don’t see the point in signings like him or Rakitic. By time they adjust to league (if they ever do) the short term benefit of signing them has gone and it’s more overpaid players with contracts that are too long.

Renegade

Don’t understand why we didn’t sign Ben Yedder in the summer. How much did he move for?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don’t understand why we didn’t sign Ben Yedder in the summer. How much did he move for?
About £25m

Weird we didn't go for him.

Not a fan of this signing, just reeks of another player on a huge contract that we can't shift on our books. We've had enough of them for a lifetime. He hasn't played a game this season, so he'll be nowhere near match fit.

devilish

About £25m

Weird we didn't go for him.

Not a fan of this signing, just reeks of another player on a huge contract that we can't shift on our books. We've had enough of them for a lifetime. He hasn't played a game this season, so he'll be nowhere near match fit.
Haller on the other hand.....

izec

Because we have hired someone as the manager who is just as clueless, if not worse, as Ed Woodward. 90% of the forum could have told you this squad needs more attacking options/strikers in the summer. Going for one in January only tells you how badly run we are, completely all over the place. It is like nobody cares about transfers, trophies and squad management, earning money and making financial gains is their only goal, including the manager who lives in La La land.

devilish

I won't be surprised if Ole is fired before January and he is replaced by Allegri. In that case the rumours surrounding Mandzukic and Can would make sense. Honestly I still disagree with such signings. It's the same old same old within the lines of Bastian, fellaini and Matic

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
So we have the most scouts of any club in the world, analyzing hundreds of thousands of players using this giant super computer, wearing bras on their heads.

And out of the smoke walks in Mario Mandzukic?