Marnick Vermijl

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think the World Cup may be too soon for him, but I think he has a chance of breaking into the NT soon. Belgium, for all their talent, don't really have quality full-backs, and typically play a back four made up of centre-halves. Toby Aldeweireld plays right-back for them, although he's a centre-half by trade. Either Vermaelen or Vertonghen play the LB role.

If Vermijl can do well over the next year there is a chance for him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I always thought he was a bit underrated in the reserves. Pretty solid performer, and chipped in with goals too. Good to hear he's getting on well on loan.

Superpolfcb

His manager's talking to Belgian clubs Genk and Anderlecht about a transfer and he says there's interest from Ajax and some PL clubs too (that part sounds less believable though).
Message from his manager seems to be that another loan is no option. Either he gets in the first team squad next season or he leaves on a permanent transfer. A transfer seems the most logical solution, if Moyes remains the manager for next season, it's alsmost a certainty that Vermijl leaves.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I read those reports earlier myself. I haven't seen anything of him since he went to Holland so don't know what state he's in now. He was promising though, although we do have some good young talent in his position.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I would have liked to bring him back and use as back-up next season with Varela going out on loan. I liked him in the reserves but he is 22 so moving on is probably best for him.

I don't think they should be openly saying things like if Moyes is fired then he may stay.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I would have liked to bring him back and use as back-up next season with Varela going out on loan. I liked him in the reserves but he is 22 so moving on is probably best for him.

I don't think they should be openly saying things like if Moyes is fired then he may stay.
Couldn't they mean that Moyes didn't rate him or didn't think he would fit in or something like that? As opposed to "only if Moyes is fired".

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Couldn't they mean that Moyes didn't rate him or didn't think he would fit in or something like that? As opposed to "only if Moyes is fired".
'If the manager stays, then it does not look good because he let Marnick go quite easily to NEC. If Moyes is sacked, it may open greater chances (at United).
That's a quote in the daily mail which suggest if Moyes is still here then he is leaving.

I don't even know what letting Marnick go easily means. He sent him on loan how else is he going to do it? Pretend he wants him and then send him at the last minute?

LR7

The headline on that Daily Mail article is pathetic.

khoazany

His manager's talking to Belgian clubs Genk and Anderlecht about a transfer and he says there's interest from Ajax and some PL clubs too (that part sounds less believable though).
Message from his manager seems to be that another loan is no option. Either he gets in the first team squad next season or he leaves on a permanent transfer. A transfer seems the most logical solution, if Moyes remains the manager for next season, it's alsmost a certainty that Vermijl leaves.
#MoyesOut, #VermijlIn :devil:

mata10

I think he was decent in the reserves and could have been a back up atleast. Well maybe varela/janko will get the chance.

Crashoutcassius

Good luck to him. Getting on a bit now so now might be the right time to move on, esp with varela and janko looking arguably more promising right behind him.

jason93

He deserved a chance. Was the best player in our reserves after Januzaj. Could have easily given Rafael a run for his money.

I'm gutted he's not on the tour tbh. Hope he doesn't get sold.

Juan't Mata

He deserved a chance. Was the best player in our reserves after Januzaj. Could have easily given Rafael a run for his money.

I'm gutted he's not on the tour tbh. Hope he doesn't get sold.
It's a bit odd that none of Varela, Vermijl or Janko were brought considering we have no other right backs at all on the books and the guys who covered the position last season are needed at centre back.

PS18

It's a bit odd that none of Varela, Vermijl or Janko were brought considering we have no other right backs at all on the books and the guys who covered the position last season are needed at centre back.
Plus, for me, all three are better prospects (maybe not better players now but look to have more potential) than Blackett or James, so surely would have made more sense to take at least one of the RBs over one of those two (I'd have taken Vermijl and one of Varela/Janko personally, given Marnick can play either side).

ThanksBoss26

First of many out the door this week I assume. I'd rather get rid of them permanently but looks like most will be loans.

Decotron

First of many out the door this week I assume. I'd rather get rid of them permanently but looks like most will be loans.
I'm glad we're keeping him personally. He's always looked a tidy efficient natural full back to me. Wing back not so much but I do see potential in him. Plus Ajax scouted him last season so im sure LVG is aware of him...

Sid234

I'm glad we're keeping him personally. He's always looked a tidy efficient natural full back to me. Wing back not so much but I do see potential in him. Plus Ajax scouted him last season so im sure LVG is aware of him...
I agree, would be an excellent squad option to have esp. If we switch to 4-3-3.. Also he can play as the RB or LB too

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He can't head it, can't even kick it properly at times. He was worse than Keane probably.

footballgirl07

Other than the misjudgement for one of their goals, I though he did okay and plus he was playing out of position. Shame we didn't see him at RB rather than CB but overall, did an alright job.

m1y2

I hope its gonna be Young and then if anything happens Blackett even as many suggested he is not natural left back but is a leftie which gives him good advantage ahead of Vermijl who is right-footed. Van Gaal has a strong word on this with which foot the players use as their primary foot..

khoazany

I hope its gonna be Young and then if anything happens Blackett even as many suggested he is not natural left back but is a leftie which gives him good advantage ahead of Vermijl who is right-footed. Van Gaal has a strong word on this with which foot the players use as their primary foot..
LVG used to play Young as RWB and Vermijl himself at LCB.I don't think LVG see Blackett at a wingback at all so we won't have much left to pick.Vermijl won't start either case.

FromTheBench

Young as WB and Young as FB are 2 different ball games.

Depends if we go back 4 or back 3/5.

Against Hull at home really should go back 4.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
As per twitter Vermijl is set to undergo a medical at KSC Lokeren and will sign a long-term deal.