Martial exit?

Bondi77

The entire point of the article is that the club aren’t triggering the extensions for those two players at their current wages… what did you not understand?
Read the post I replied to and tell me where it says we are not triggering the extensions.
Take your time to read it properly this time so you fully understand what I responded to.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Read the post I replied to and tell me where it says we are not triggering the extensions.
Take your time to read it properly this time so you fully understand what I responded to.
Nah he's right, we are trying to get them to extend but on a lower wage. This is why we are "in talks" because if we just wanted to extend, we have the right to do so without the players' agreement.

Bondi77

Nah he's right, we are trying to get them to extend but on a lower wage. This is why we are "in talks" because if we just wanted to extend, we have the right to do so without the players' agreement.
Fair enough,
I don't read every thread through a topic and might just reply to a recent one....some just get a bit stroppy.

didz

You swapped my words for yours, which mean exactly the same thing!

I said ‘we’re in discussion’
You said ‘we’re talking’

The fact that the words martial, contract and extension are being used in the same sentence is extremely worrying.
You said quite a bit more than "we're in discussion." I gave you all 3 words that Ten Hag said on the matter. The difference between what you said and what he said are all the words that aren't those three.

It might interest you to know that the manager did not use the words "Martial", "contract", or "extension" in the same sentence, not even to say "there will be no contract extension for Martial."

So it's okay mate, there's no need for you to be extremely worried. I hope that has eased your poor nerves and allowed you to go about your day in peace.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Fair enough,
I don't read every thread through a topic and might just reply to a recent one....some just get a bit stroppy.
I'm just using VNL, Mjebri, AWB as a reference point because we just went ahead and renewed them without "talks". I'd be happy to keep Varane on lower wages, I don't think we should renew Martial though, unless he plays for free.

Bondi77

I'm just using VNL, Mjebri, AWB as a reference point because we just went ahead and renewed them without "talks". I'd be happy to keep Varane on lower wages, I don't think we should renew Martial though, unless he plays for free.
What's the point?
Both are injured more often then they are fit and neither represent our future.

poleglass red

He's our 2nd highest paid player currently, lower wages from that is still going to be a very high wage. I can't see him taking half his current wage. He's a good player no doubt about it, but he needs a leader type beside him, that works when Martinez is fit, even recently with Evans it has worked, but not so good with Maguire or Lindelof. I'd keep him until the end of the season, he'll have been here then for 3 seasons, all of which have been injury plagued, then let him go.

poleglass red

is wide forward a position, he's not a traditional winger in the sense he's not looking to beat his man and whip in crosses. His aim was always to cut inside and shoot. He's not a modern winger who press from the front and track back. As a central striker his movement isn't good enough. Too often he holds the ball up, which he is good at, lays it off, but then stands around, instead of busting his balls to get into the box and get on the end of any through balls or crosses. Not comparing him to Salah by any means, but I'd classify him as a wide forward, in that he chips in with goals and does provide assists at the same time, whilst not being a traditional winger that hugs the touchline. We bring in these big name veterans such as Ibra and Cavani, both of whom had excellent movement in the box. You'd think seeing that in training day in day out, that you'd try and impart that in your own game, unfortunately he never did on a consistent basis.

lex talionis

There's no aspect of Anthony Martial's ability as a footballer that warrants even the slightest consideration of keeping him beyond the term of his current contract...at any wage.

Jev

Crazy if it ends up with us selling him for peanuts before he turns 30. I’ve never been more certain of a player’s potential. Still think he’s the most gifted and talented player we’ve had since Fergie’s time. A shame how it’s turned out.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’m part of Martial FC but I can’t wait to see the back of him.

Paul778

If noone comes in with more than 7m in 48 hours take it.

It's worth it to get that 250k/week off the balance sheet even if it's only for six months til he's gone anyway.

Maybe it ensures we get someone in during this window. I'm not saying just anyone but right now I'd take WW back as a better option for the spare hojland minutes than martial.

OleGunnar20

Ten Pence for a permanently crocked Wish.com Anelka would be a great deal, especially given his obscene wages.

His attitude and the example he sets is a net negative on the club - one of many - and we'd be better off playing any old promising youth player in his place.

Seven fecking million! Bite their hands off.

OleGunnar20

If noone comes in with more than 7m in 48 hours take it.

It's worth it to get that 250k/week off the balance sheet even if it's only for six months til he's gone anyway.

Maybe it ensures we get someone in during this window. I'm not saying just anyone but right now I'd take WW back as a better option for the spare hojland minutes than martial.
Whilst I agree that even Wout would be preferable to this guy, I have to believe that we can find someone out there for the ~15m or so this would free up in the budget.

That guy from Frankfurt had a 17m release clause I believe? He looked like a professional footballer at least.

Castia

id take the 7m. In reality how often is he going to be available to play in the coming months? he's been 'sick' for about a month.

redshaw

7m Euros sounds good. We can pretend to mull it over and then accept.

rooney2009

We keep talking our players down and getting crap money for them
Elanga went for only 15m and is now worth double that,
Martial should definitely be at least 20m