Martial exit?

laughtersassassin

Would be brilliant if he left. Owning him is useless with his injuries and it would force the club to get two strikers

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I prefer selling him but not now. We don’t have any striker left.

crossy1686

career ending
Moving him on for any fee at this point would be a massive boost to the club. Get him sold, get a replacement in, he's good for about 8 games a season, the rest of the time he's injured or playing absolutely shite.

I'm sure he'd be more than happy to do that over there for £700k a week.

AFC NimbleThumb

As a fully paid up member of Martial FC, I’d advise his agents to seal any lucrative deal they can get, Saudi or otherwise because the stock in Martial Inc. is in the basement.

arthurka

It's the right move, something that Martial hasn't bothered doing for years.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We should be counting our lucky stars Saudi want these kinds of players and will give them a huge pay rise. No other club was going to sign the likes of martial and match and raise his wages. We’d have been letting him go for almost free if we were covering the amount of wages needed to send him to a European counterpart. He’s a good player but his fitness is so poor and I get the feeling he’s one of these guys who doesn’t love playing football either. It’s a pity because I think he did have top class potential.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If his rumoured salary of 250k/week is correct, even a free would save us £25m over two years and we won't lose much since he hardly plays.

I'd be suspicious if they wanted him though with all his injuries but then again, Saudi have signed Kante and Pogba

Alemar

He is completely unsellable. If someone wants to buy him, it’s an immediate “yes”

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Get rid of him with the the first offer that comes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Problem is, he's 27 and may still feel he can play somewhere competitive.

If he were open to leaving then we should expect a good fee given his age and status as a striker for United.

SinNombre

Would sell him for 10-15m at this point and I have been part of Martial FC.

Tyrion

He is never there
He's one of those players who plays well twice a season so the optimists can defend him but he's never going to be the solution. We may as well move him on as soon as there's an offer.

arthurka

He's one of those players who plays well twice a season so the optimists can defend him but he's never going to be the solution. We may as well move him on as soon as there's an offer.
If somebody will take him off us they are most welcome.

Blood Mage

Would be the most Glazer thing ever to just let Martial leave and still not get a striker in for ETH. "Sorry Erik there's no money left but we could give Burnley a call and see if Wout can re-join on loan?"

SmithLogic

Yep. I’d support this. The blokes got wafer thin ligaments with constant injuries, he can have magnificent moments, but never consistent enough. ETH often talks him up, but for me, this would be a good move for all parties.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’m not getting my hopes up. The guy is never fit - to sell him to a S.A. team for a decent fee would be amazing. I’d always been a fan of his talent but his recent fitness record is staggeringly bad.

Jacob

Please be true. He was my favourite player when he joined. Not so much anymore.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Monaco will be fuming if we sell him before he wins the Ballon d'Or.

SAFMUTD

It's the same having him or not, he's either injured or recovering from injury all the time. We need to strikers doesn't matter if he stays or not we can't simply rely on him.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I don't believe that Saudi will buy him. He isn't fit and hardly available, why any club buys him? Cheerleader on the bench or stand. It won't happen until he start playing and having impact. Even if that happen, it will be next season.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
How about Rashford, Greenwood, Antony, Garnacho, Pellistri and Sancho?

Martial has been at United for 8 years now. I don't think it's gonna happen, and both him and the club could use a fresh start.

It's not all his fault of course. At his best moments the coaches and the club mishandled him too. But that's water under the bridge now.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't believe that Saudi will buy him. He isn't fit and hardly available, why any club buys him? Cheerleader on the bench or stand. It won't happen until he start playing and having impact. Even if that happen, it will be next season.
They dont actually need him to play and win games. They're winning with what they have easy. It's promotional tools

Cloud7

Please be true. He was my favourite player when he joined. Not so much anymore.
Same. Prior to Pogba re-joining, Martial was my favorite player, and then he was my second favorite player after the Pog. Nowadays, not so much.

It's a shame that injuries have decimated him to such an extent. Really thought he had the potential to be one of the very best.

RC89

If his rumoured salary of 250k/week is correct, even a free would save us £25m over two years and we won't lose much since he hardly plays.

I'd be suspicious if they wanted him though with all his injuries but then again, Saudi have signed Kante and Pogba
:confused:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How about Rashford, Greenwood, Antony, Garnacho, Pellistri and Sancho?

Martial has been at United for 8 years now. I don't think it's gonna happen, and both him and the club could use a fresh start.

It's not all his fault of course. At his best moments the coaches and the club mishandled him too. But that's water under the bridge now.
But other than Rashford and Greenwood, none of them have ever played striker though?

And there’s no decision made on Greenwood yet.

So if Rashford is injured, who do we play?

I don’t know, seems ETH trying to play Sancho as false 9. But definitely we are running very thin of striker option now.