g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That Martial interview was very nice, and you can't hate him watching that.

However, we have watched him play over the last 1.5 years, seen his lack of effort/movement, jogging, some reports that he isnt even trying to fight for a place under Ragnick, being kept oit by very minor injuries. The fact he's nowhere near as good as a player anymore is not a reason to dislike him, but he has very much looked like a player not trying to give it his all to make a career here. An interview doesnt nullify that.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
change the trademark thing to political activities and you’ve just described another waster we’ve got called Marcus rashford . All you listed applies to him too.
Rashford does not have the price tag of Martial, a Balon d'Or clause, a fervent, wildly delusional clique on a forum. He is a better player, scores more goals and has a more all round game than Martial. He also does good in the world and has recently received an OBE ffs. Worrying about a personal trademark for your "brand" is in no way comparable.

Siezard

Martial can't go just yet. With Cavani leaving and Lingard, Pogba due to leave in June, it makes more sense to keep Martial a little while longer.

RUCK4444

Martial can't go just yet. With Cavani leaving and Lingard, Pogba due to leave in June, it makes more sense to keep Martial a little while longer.
He literally offers less than any of those other players in fairness.

Personally I'd keep Cavani and Pogba because I don't believe we will replace either with adequate quality, the other two can leave along with Mata.

bosskeano

No one gives two shits if he comes off nice in an interview, we have that guy already in Mata, but what he does on the pitch to help with trophies. For the past 1.5 years he's done little to nothing, he's lazy and he's wasting his talent.

acnumber9

For the record Rash has 6 league goals in a calendar year, ...bUt mArTi4L.

I really apologize for the ranting but am tired of this fantasy football generation with a social-media-concentration-span and player FC fandoms/hatedoms that can only allow them to digest football though player G/As and other pointless stats. Who cares where the G/As come from as long as the team wins?
You need to make up your mind whether goal stats matter or not.

And for the record, your stats are wrong.

Mr.Plow

So he can still be shit? You act like signing a replacement isn't an option.

OL29

He literally offers less than any of those other players in fairness.

Personally I'd keep Cavani and Pogba because I don't believe we will replace either with adequate quality, the other two can leave along with Mata.
Not sure he offers less than Lingard going off the Young Boys game.

poleglass red

I used to prefer to be a read-only here, but I am flabbergasted by how this lad has been treated by this fan base.

First, his transfer fee was exaggerated and reported as £58M yet it was £36M with only potentially increasing to £58M. It is the same reporting being done to his salary where they report the capped maximum salary amount that he never really earns.

For fair comparison's sake, what has Sancho, a 21 year old done to deserve 350K per week? But one player is demonised while another is praised. I hope we keep this same Martial energy towards other high earners like Sancho, bought at double the fee and are on 350K which is more than double Martial's base salary.

Again, I hope we keep this same energy towards high earners if we go the next 2 seasons without CL football - which is projected to happen. More so, I hope you keep this same energy when other high earning forwards score less than 10 goals this season - which is also projected to happen to at least 3 forwards in this team (Cavani, Sancho, Rashford). For the record Rash has 6 league goals in a calendar year, ...bUt mArTi4L.

Pure hatred for someone who has loved and respected the club throughout its trying times is disrespectful. Go watch his recent interview and tell me if the lad deserves such childish treatment from our fanbase.

I really apologize for the ranting but am tired of this fantasy football generation with a social-media-concentration-span and player FC fandoms/hatedoms that can only allow them to digest football though player G/As and other pointless stats. Who cares where the G/As come from as long as the team wins? Pep is walking the league again with a team structured to play, with no individual players amassing stats. Last season Gündoğan was their top scorer, who scored mostly penalties.

All in all, it is going to take us a while for our team to garner any meaningful success outside idolized individual awards. The sad thing is that we are being polarized by player FC fandoms and hatedoms.
Martial was praised when he first came, he also got rightly his dues in 19/20 season when he had a very good season. Problem is his form has been very inconsistent since and as such he has been criticised. The application or lack of seems to be the biggest gripe we as fans collectively have against him. Sancho on the other hand hasn't been praised, his start hasn't been what many expected. He came back from euros not fit, struggled in his early performances, his recent performances have improved big time, but jury is still out on him. Martial was bought as a teenager for 36 million. Here is the breakdown of the add ons. if I read that correctly, he has met the first 2 of those add ons.

There are then three further potential payments - €10m (£7.7m) if the player scores 25 first-team goals for Manchester United, €10m (£7.7m) if Martial makes 25 appearances for the French national team and €10m (£7.7m) more if the player is ever nominated for the Ballon d'Or award.

There is also a sell-on clause inserted in the deal, with Monaco due to be paid 50 per cent of any transfer fee between €60m and €100m United receive for the player.

Siezard

But Martial is the most talented dribbler and attacker the world has ever seen since CR7 and Messi. It would be preposterous not to keep him.

izec

He is not up for it. And when he is, he is injured. Let him leave, complete waste of space and time.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Martial was praised when he first came, he also got rightly his dues in 19/20 season when he had a very good season. Problem is his form has been very inconsistent since and as such he has been criticised. The application or lack of seems to be the biggest gripe we as fans collectively have against him. Sancho on the other hand hasn't been praised, his start hasn't been what many expected. He came back from euros not fit, struggled in his early performances, his recent performances have improved big time, but jury is still out on him. Martial was bought as a teenager for 36 million. Here is the breakdown of the add ons. if I read that correctly, he has met the first 2 of those add ons.

There are then three further potential payments - €10m (£7.7m) if the player scores 25 first-team goals for Manchester United, €10m (£7.7m) if Martial makes 25 appearances for the French national team and €10m (£7.7m) more if the player is ever nominated for the Ballon d'Or award.

There is also a sell-on clause inserted in the deal, with Monaco due to be paid 50 per cent of any transfer fee between €60m and €100m United receive for the player.
If Sancho has looked poor I'm more inclined to blame Ole for our ridiculous offensive schemes, if there were any. Sancho has shown he's dangerous if used correctly.

Red Royal

Doubt we will see him again in a United squad this year. And with Ralf that may lead to a permanent exit rather than what happened with Lingard.

Thanks for the debut Tony Martial!

RUCK4444

Not sure he offers less than Lingard going off the Young Boys game.
In fairness that was a high profile error, but on the whole I'd say Jesse is the more useful player (and I think Jesse is bang average for United.)

Martial offers zero.

OL29

In fairness that was a high profile error, but on the whole I'd say Jesse is the more useful player (and I think Jesse is bang average for United.)

Martial offers zero.
I was actually talking about the recent Young Boys game, I don’t really buy into the whole downing tools idea with any player but Lingard certainly played like someone who’s given up. Neither of them should be here at this point but I don’t think Martial stands out as the worst amongst our deadwood, but Martial has higher expectations of him so the criticism is harsher.

RUCK4444

I was actually talking about the recent Young Boys game, I don’t really buy into the whole downing tools idea with any player but Lingard certainly played like someone who’s given up. Neither of them should be here at this point but I don’t think Martial stands out as the worst amongst our deadwood, but Martial has higher expectations of him so the criticism is harsher.
Ah right. Yeah but that's just Jesse whenever he's in a United shirt (largely anonymous), aside from that goal at Wembley I can't remember a game where he hasn't looked like he's almost intentionally hiding.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Rashford does not have the price tag of Martial, a Balon d'Or clause, a fervent, wildly delusional clique on a forum. He is a better player, scores more goals and has a more all round game than Martial. He also does good in the world and has recently received an OBE ffs. Worrying about a personal trademark for your "brand" is in no way comparable.

doesn't change the fact that everything you listed about martial in that statement beforehand can also be applied to rashford. And yes rashford does have a weirdly delusional clique on here.

The guy is absolute gash yet people think he’s some amazing player.

poleglass red

If Sancho has looked poor I'm more inclined to blame Ole for our ridiculous offensive schemes, if there were any. Sancho has shown he's dangerous if used correctly.
he wasn't fit, Ole's tactics didn't help, but Sancho would have struggled regardless of who was manger. that extended break after the euros set him back more than anything.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I used to prefer to be a read-only here, but I am flabbergasted by how this lad has been treated by this fan base.

First, his transfer fee was exaggerated and reported as £58M yet it was £36M with only potentially increasing to £58M. It is the same reporting being done to his salary where they report the capped maximum salary amount that he never really earns.

For fair comparison's sake, what has Sancho, a 21 year old done to deserve 350K per week? But one player is demonised while another is praised. I hope we keep this same Martial energy towards other high earners like Sancho, bought at double the fee and are on 350K which is more than double Martial's base salary.

Again, I hope we keep this same energy towards high earners if we go the next 2 seasons without CL football - which is projected to happen. More so, I hope you keep this same energy when other high earning forwards score less than 10 goals this season - which is also projected to happen to at least 3 forwards in this team (Cavani, Sancho, Rashford). For the record Rash has 6 league goals in a calendar year, ...bUt mArTi4L.

Pure hatred for someone who has loved and respected the club throughout its trying times is disrespectful. Go watch his recent interview and tell me if the lad deserves such childish treatment from our fanbase.

I really apologize for the ranting but am tired of this fantasy football generation with a social-media-concentration-span and player FC fandoms/hatedoms that can only allow them to digest football though player G/As and other pointless stats. Who cares where the G/As come from as long as the team wins? Pep is walking the league again with a team structured to play, with no individual players amassing stats. Last season Gündoğan was their top scorer, who scored mostly penalties.

All in all, it is going to take us a while for our team to garner any meaningful success outside idolized individual awards. The sad thing is that we are being polarized by player FC fandoms and hatedoms.
Spot on.

The most disgusting thing is the gaslighting of members on here that speak out against the negativity.

This one was probably intended for you:

His fanboys are proper weird.
Welcome to Martial FC. If you're not negative about Martial's pizza topping choices, you're a delusional fanboy that rates him (even if your post history says otherwise)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ah right. Yeah but that's just Jesse whenever he's in a United shirt (largely anonymous), aside from that goal at Wembley I can't remember a game where he hasn't looked like he's almost intentionally hiding.
So you remember one goal? That says more about your memory than anything else. Not even his ‘purple patch’ as some called it? Where everyone was calling him Messi Lingard

RUCK4444

So you remember one goal? That says more about your memory than anything else. Not even his ‘purple patch’ as some called it? Where everyone was calling him Messi Lingard
Well now you mention the 'Messi Lingard' period that was years and years ago I sort of remember it... but I literally forgot about it which sort of tells the story. Few goals at Wembley and that long winding run he had for a nice goal... he's still living off that.

If that's the merit on which he's still a United player then on balance Dan James probably deserves to be here over Lingard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's the most annoying thing with modern fans that there seems to only be excellent or rubbish on their scales, and recently bias transcends almost everything else.

Martial has had a poor last 18months and many underwhelming moments and doubts, but it's utter nonsense to act like he's been a massive flop here.
He's had quite a lot of quality goals and moments, and for a fairly long time had fans rapturously singing his "50m, from france, english press gave him no chance" song.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It's just time for him to go isn't it? He might be one we regret leaving too soon a la Forlan but I doubt it.

He is at an age where he should be playing regularly and he won't get that here.

Thanks for the goals and your time on the pitch Anthony. Best of luck wherever you land.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
doesn't change the fact that everything you listed about martial in that statement beforehand can also be applied to rashford. And yes rashford does have a weirdly delusional clique on here.

The guy is absolute gash yet people think he’s some amazing player.
When it's a product of the academy, a local lad, who tries (tried) hard, has been injured, it will always be the case. But Rashford is twice the player that Martial is.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
When it's a product of the academy, a local lad, who tries (tried) hard, has been injured, it will always be the case. But Rashford is twice the player that Martial is.
Nah, he isn’t. He’s way overrated. Doesn’t often play well, but pops up with a goal against the run of play or usually once we are ahead. Also his lack of effort is worse. I’d say Greenwood is the bigger talent for sure, but can we even call Rashford a talent anymore when he is what, 25? Should be hitting his prime years. Same could be said about Martial but he’s a better footballer than Rashford. Don’t think either of them are good enough to be first choice.

acnumber9

but can we even call Rashford a talent anymore when he is what, 25
Just turned 24. Two years younger than Martial. Even if they were exactly as good as each other Rashford would be more valuable to keep.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

Oh yes I'm not denying rashford is better because he is clearly but rashford is still not very good himself.

Martial = awful
Rashford = above awful but below average.

SAF is the GOAT

Anthony Martial’s wages are a ‘main stumbling block’ for Sevilla as his salary can make the January deal ‘more expensive’, even if it is just a loan until the end of the season. They ‘cannot reach’ the figures. #MUFC [diarioas via Sport_Witness]
Sevilla have ‘made arrangements’ with both Manchester United and Anthony Martial’s agent regarding a January move. However, Martial earns €8m net per year, which is ‘absolutely unaffordable’ for the Spanish club. #MUFC [mundodeportivo via Sport_Witness]
Sevilla will only be able to take Anthony Martial on a loan deal in January, if Manchester United were to pay part of his salary. Martial has proposals from Juventus and Barcelona, but has informed his teammates he ‘prefers Sevilla’. #MUFC [mundodeportivo via Sport_Witness]
Anthony Martial has ‘reached an agreement in principle’ with Sevilla and ‘will move to Spain’. #MUFC [EnzoBucchioni, TuttoMercatoWeb via Sport_Witness]

Jireh

Supports
Utd
You need to make up your mind whether goal stats matter or not.

And for the record, your stats are wrong.
The context of the top paragraph is hypocrisy while the next paragraph's context is vanity. Trying to mashup both for a gotcha is not sincere.

The stats are correct: 6 league goals in 31 EPL games this calendar year, 7 games short of a full season. Usually, a young player's progress is measured using league football because cup football has a lot to do with one-off moments.

Kindly note that this was brought up to only highlight the hypocrisy. Hypocrisy so great that:-
- Rashy is celebrated for scoring 11 league goals last season (the most open play goals he has ever scored in EPL), yet about 6 years ago, Tony came in as a teenager mid-season, scored 11 goals, was top scorer ahead of Rooney and was still demoted from his role. Either we dropped the standards from Jose to Ole or our assessments and appraisals as fans are just tainted with hypocrisy and hatred. (Jose was tough but fair!)

...more hypocrisy:
- Tony is hated for the loud ‘bums’ talking up his talent and potential in his player FC, while Rashford is celebrated for having ‘elite and corporate media bums’ articulating the image of his player FC through acts of kindness that are truly socially honorable yet manipulated and used as a blanket to shield him from any flak.

Such hypocrisy should not be welcome at the club - we should be reasonable and fair towards all our players. I will restrain myself from talking about Jones, a player though unfortunate through injuries, has won us trophies, yet the same fans that sing Cavani praises will mock Jones.

We need to have the right balance of supporters and fans - a supporter will always support even the weak players in the squad while fans just want to idolise and worship at the feet of the strong super star players while mocking the seemingly 'weak' ones.

My humble plea is that we remain reasonable and fair as we support all our players!

Corridor of Uncertainty

So we'll either be stuck with him and paying his full wages, or paying a proportion of them for him to not to be at the club.

Amazing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Oh yes I'm not denying rashford is better because he is clearly but rashford is still not very good himself.

Martial = awful
Rashford = above awful but below average.
Below average :lol: :lol:

You talking about yourself or Rashford!

Frank White

The context of the top paragraph is hypocrisy while the next paragraph's context is vanity. Trying to mashup both for a gotcha is not sincere.

The stats are correct: 6 league goals in 31 EPL games this calendar year, 7 games short of a full season. Usually, a young player's progress is measured using league football because cup football has a lot to do with one-off moments.

Kindly note that this was brought up to only highlight the hypocrisy. Hypocrisy so great that:-
- Rashy is celebrated for scoring 11 league goals last season (the most open play goals he has ever scored in EPL), yet about 6 years ago, Tony came in as a teenager mid-season, scored 11 goals, was top scorer ahead of Rooney and was still demoted from his role. Either we dropped the standards from Jose to Ole or our assessments and appraisals as fans are just tainted with hypocrisy and hatred. (Jose was tough but fair!)

...more hypocrisy:
- Tony is hated for the loud ‘bums’ talking up his talent and potential in his player FC, while Rashford is celebrated for having ‘elite and corporate media bums’ articulating the image of his player FC through acts of kindness that are truly socially honorable yet manipulated and used as a blanket to shield him from any flak.

Such hypocrisy should not be welcome at the club - we should be reasonable and fair towards all our players. I will restrain myself from talking about Jones, a player though unfortunate through injuries, has won us trophies, yet the same fans that sing Cavani praises will mock Jones.

We need to have the right balance of supporters and fans - a supporter will always support even the weak players in the squad while fans just want to idolise and worship at the feet of the strong super star players while mocking the seemingly 'weak' ones.

My humble plea is that we remain reasonable and fair as we support all our players!
If that's your goal then maybe pop into one of the many Rashford threads that are frequently front page talking about how he's shit and doesn't deserve to be playing.

acnumber9

...more hypocrisy:

...more hypocrisy:

The only hypocrisy was yours. Do goal stats matter or not?

It may be true but you’ve deliberately picked calendar year because it leaves out two goals he scored at the end of December. It also ignores him scoring in other competitions.

Has Snk 123 got a new account?

Status
Not open for further replies.