Martial missing out on a World Cup medal

Aloysius's Back 3

He's as one dimensional as he was when he came here, actually probably even more one dimensional. He hasn't developed his game at all and he's massively over rated by his fan club. He's a good player, that's it. It's laughable people act like he's a guaranteed ballon d'or winner.
He is as one dimensional as Mourinho's one dimensional method of having all his teams play 4231 - that's why martial is struggling suddenly trying to become a LW which makes him one dimensional because he is consistently taking on his man from one angle = one dimension.

He hasn't improved due to mourinho. Whether you agree or not - to say that Jose has had no impact on martial & Rashford's ability is well.. One dimensional & through a fan club of its own - a Jose FC.

Aloysius's Back 3

He's not as good as you think.
He is a bench warmer for MUFC (I know some of you struggle to come to terms with this, but this is a fact).
And for France - he missed out because he wasn't good enough for his club and Deschamps (like Jose), does not rate the guy.
It's never Martial's fault for being poor...it's always someone elses fault
I do hope he improves, though.
Neither is it ever José's fault - alot of us had to deal with fans of his like you telling us that he wouldn't make the same mistakes.. Fast forward two years - our best young players upon his arrival is being urged to be sold :lol:

My lord - I'd much more consistently be on the players side rather than bowing down to this manager who is genuinely a shadow of his former self - a former self that was never that good at getting the best of the younger players.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He is as one dimensional as Mourinho's one dimensional method of having all his teams play 4231 - that's why martial is struggling suddenly trying to become a LW which makes him one dimensional because he is consistently taking on his man from one angle = one dimension.

He hasn't improved due to mourinho. Whether you agree or not - to say that Jose has had no impact on martial & Rashford's ability is well.. One dimensional & through a fan club of its own - a Jose FC.
So Martial's complete lack of movement is because of 4231. Jesus Christ. I don't even like Mourinho but get over it. Martial has no movement in his locker. He has nothing in his locker other than ball to feet and try dribble. It was the same before Mourinho and it will be the same after. It's all he's got. He will never be world class.

Aloysius's Back 3

So Martial's complete lack of movement is because of 4231. Jesus Christ. I don't even like Mourinho but get over it. Martial has no movement in his locker. He has nothing in his locker other than ball to feet and try dribble. It was the same before Mourinho and it will be the same after. It's all he's got. He will never be world class.
Yes but martial having no movement indicates he is more supported to being a player who plays off another striker & takes the defence on which is directly facing him.

His inability to make off the ball moves so far is no different to Lukaku's inability to control a ball that goes at 5mph. The weaknesses arise from a manager like mourinho who puts for example -
Martial in a wing position purely due to his ability to dribble & nothing else whilst martial is much better as a central striker that drifts off wide - the similar as Rashford & Lukaku.

What happens? Instead of playing these strikers off the central channels so they are allowed to take their men on - we play the one who can't control a football as a target man, the rest as wingers who can't beat their fullbacks cleanly never mind crossing from the side of the pitch. The whole thing is shambles.

Do you believe Jose is getting the best of Lukaku as a central St? Or is he better as a RF considering he consistently runs off the channels and is left footed?

Your answer should bring out whether you agree with José's 2 year management of martial & Rashford - for which they have well and truly stalled purely because of the manager.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
His movement is non existing, I appreciate that you can't teach Falcao and Cavani level movement, that need to be a specific talent, but you would think there would be some kind of improvement by now.

Aloysius's Back 3

His movement is non existing, I appreciate that you can't teach Falcao and Cavani level movement, that need to be a specific talent, but you would think there would be some kind of improvement by now.
Yes because Falcao & Cavani had to learn movement by playing as a Left midfielder :lol:

He has had like 3 games upfront in 2 years at a stage where he should be progressing in one position. That got changed so he spent his United career playing in a position that he was completely clueless about & I personally think is wasted out on the LW.

Every Tom dick & Harry can dribble & take his man on like martial does on the wing - but when it comes to playing centrally - strikers like martial who are able to take on his man directly are much rarer - ideally that's how the last two years should have been; a opportunity to improve martial & Rashford's ability - instead we went for ibrahinpvic & Lukaku & have still not won a title & people are pointing at the two originally chosen young strikers who have not even got a chance - purely decided by Jose & his fans that they are too young to win titles upfront.

Where are the titles exactly? Absolutely worthless dosh we have won - rather had seen our players develop rather than just placed for the sake of it out wide purely because of their ability to dribble & nothing else what's so ever.

SwansonsTache

Yes because Falcao & Cavani had to learn movement by playing as a Left midfielder :lol:

He has had like 3 games upfront in 2 years at a stage where he should be progressing in one position. That got changed so he spent his United career playing in a position that he was completely clueless about & I personally think is wasted out on the LW.

Every Tom dick & Harry can dribble & take his man on like martial does on the wing - but when it comes to playing centrally - strikers like martial who are able to take on his man directly are much rarer - ideally that's how the last two years should have been; a opportunity to improve martial & Rashford's ability - instead we went for ibrahinpvic & Lukaku & have still not won a title & people are pointing at the two originally chosen young strikers who have not even got a chance - purely decided by Jose & his fans that they are too young to win titles upfront.

Where are the titles exactly? Absolutely worthless dosh we have won - rather had seen our players develop rather than just placed for the sake of it out wide purely because of their ability to dribble & nothing else what's so ever.
In Martial's first season he played from the left.

Also look at Mbappe, he is originally a striker but does all his work as a Wide Right Forward, cutting in.

Art Vandelay

Actually that's not true, there's another reason: they aren't good enough to play up front yet and playing on the wing gets them experience.

Also Martial has now spent more of his career as a left winger than he has as a striker, he has no excuse to be standing still refusing to move off the ball. France would rather have Giroud or move their right winger Mbappe up front instead of Martial. Jose's fault too?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Also look at Mbappe, he is originally a striker but does all his work as a Wide Right Forward, cutting in.
He isn't originally a striker.

SwansonsTache

He isn't originally a striker.
Didn't he play as a striker in a two with Falcao the season he broke through in Monaco?

Point is, his off the ball movement and intelligence makes him able to play centrally, wide etc, and still be effective.

I can hardly remember Martial moving ahead of the pass and moving in the channels like you see Mbappe do.

Great with the ball at his feet, sure, but there are things missing for him to become a top player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Didn't he play as a striker in a two with Falcao the season he broke through in Monaco?

Point is, his off the ball movement and intelligence makes him able to play centrally, wide etc, and still be effective.

I can hardly remember Martial moving ahead of the pass and moving in the channels like you see Mbappe do.

Great with the ball at his feet, sure, but there are things missing for him to become a top player.
That's not his original position, he was a left winger. And Mbappé is simply infinitely more talented than Martial, so the comparison are always silly.

JuanMata

I feel like it's make or break for Martial this season. I love him as a player and wish Mou would play him more.
Seems he prefers the type of player to run back though e.g Rashford.
Martial would flourish without this. I'd like us to play 4-3-3 with Sanchez on the right and Martial rotating with Rashford on the left.
Ideally I'd play Martial just behind Lukaku, he needs to play in a central position to flourish.
Sadly I believe he will have had enough after this season though and will move on

Smores

The idea that Martial can't learn or can't demonstrate good off the ball movement because of Jose or being played out of position is ridiculous. You'll find plenty of championship level players that learn how to make a run, you don't need to be under an elite coach to do so.

I mean anyone here who has played football will have actively developed it in some capacity. Martial is not unable to learn he simply has no interest in doing so, he doesnt bother trying most of the time as he'd prefer it deeper to cut in and shoot.

haram

Yes but martial having no movement indicates he is more supported to being a player who plays off another striker & takes the defence on which is directly facing him.

His inability to make off the ball moves so far is no different to Lukaku's inability to control a ball that goes at 5mph. The weaknesses arise from a manager like mourinho who puts for example -
Martial in a wing position purely due to his ability to dribble & nothing else whilst martial is much better as a central striker that drifts off wide - the similar as Rashford & Lukaku.

What happens? Instead of playing these strikers off the central channels so they are allowed to take their men on - we play the one who can't control a football as a target man, the rest as wingers who can't beat their fullbacks cleanly never mind crossing from the side of the pitch. The whole thing is shambles.

Do you believe Jose is getting the best of Lukaku as a central St? Or is he better as a RF considering he consistently runs off the channels and is left footed?

Your answer should bring out whether you agree with José's 2 year management of martial & Rashford - for which they have well and truly stalled purely because of the manager.
It is true Martial would be better playing off a striker. Changing the way we play and the system just for him though? Not happening.

Aloysius's Back 3

Martial is a LF which is different to being on the LM - Jose has consistently told him to touch the line & prefers him holding the width considering that on the other side was primarily Mata - an inside AM. Jose historically likes one winger to cut in & one winger to provide width. Something martial is rubbish at.

Martial was a striker under LVG - playing centrally. Due to the makeshift introduction of Rashford & him having good performances - LVG played martial as a LW & Lingard as a RW whilst Rashford was a striker. Rashford was the only one playing in his position due to the number of injuries that happened midway through the season. Martial was never a left winger - his goal against Liverpool seem to convince people that he is. He was a central striker that drifts off to the left channels.

Mbappe is much more of a direct player than martial - mbappe is fast and takes his players on in strides & benefits from having the space & time to do so. Mbappe being asked to defensive work or being asked to stick to the touchline which is one of the main things Jose asks would not help him either. Martial on the other hand takes his players on by short distances & makes small moves to get past central defenders - the reason why he struggles against fullbacks who tend to struggle against players who use pure pace and running in to space over anything else.

Mbappe & martial share absolute nothing in familiar apart from being French - one is martial & one is a much more like Rashford - a direct player with the ability to play off the wider channels. All three would struggle under Jose because of the restrictions he puts on many attacking players like :
Playing in positions that are wrong or not purely beneficial to the player individually or as a team like martial, Rashford Lukaku could all be positioned better also inclusive of better position of Mata Sanchez & Pogba that would benefit the team.
Defensive restrictions of the attacking players when the defense & midfield is already significant defensive - as seen by mbappe who was constantly allowed the freedom to find the spaces attackingly on the right as a counter attacker; taking a prioririty in attacking over defensive work even though it was not bad.

Mbappe was not even that good for PSG playing in the RW - definitely decent however but primarily due to his directness. Martial is neither direct as a striker nor as a left winger - he is a striker that would benefit from playing next to a direct striker than asking him to be a direct striker himself ie a central support striker that plays off another forward allowed to take his man on & have options to either side.

Either way - comparing mbappe to martial & making it seem martial is a failure is wrong - mbappe is better than Lukaku & Sanchez was at his age & I would argue is still better them whilst the first two are reaching or at their prime. Martial is clearly not in José's plans of building a team that's gets the best out of him is not going to happen. That's why we won't win the league because consistently players like Lukaku, Martial, Rashfprd, Pogba are not playing in a formation & method that gets the best out of them - more a representation of trying to be a new Drogba, a new lampard, a new sneidjer etc - all these players we have different strengths & weaknesses.. Whilst we try to get them going in a 4231 - wouldn't you say we try find a formation & tactics that get the best out of our top 11 players rather than trying to build something that isn't there? To me martial is in our best 11 players - however he is not a LW & both martial & Lukaku would improve if they played in a striking partnership.

That's why I ask fans who are doubting martial - are we actually playing Lukaku to the best of his ability by asking him to be a target man or would he be better running off on the channels whilst someone like martial could be asked to tease & take on their central defenders. If Martial failed at this I would chuck him out the door - however him failing as a LW is more our fault than his. (even though he has done alright as a makeshift left winger)
It is true Martial would be better playing off a striker. Changing the way we play and the system just for him though? Not happening.
Read above bro - I believe nearly every single player from Lukaku, Martial, Rashfprd, Mata, Pogba, Valencia, young, lindelpf, Bailly & many more have the ability to be better if we fixed a formation that highlights their pros rather than their cons - Lukaku's first touch as a target man is just most obvious.

Last edited:

wolvored

According to the press he wants to leave, but the club are going to trigger the one year extension. What will that achieve? Another season of sulking and mainly sitting on the bench. Didnt Mou also say anyone who wants to leave can? Apart from Fellaini of course. If his hearts not in it sell him for a decent profit say £70-£80 mill and give a youngster his place on the bench, or buy a RW with the money

According to the press he wants to leave, but the club are going to trigger the one year extension. What will that achieve? Another season of sulking and mainly sitting on the bench. Didnt Mou also say anyone who wants to leave can? Apart from Fellaini of course. If his hearts not in it sell him for a decent profit say £70-£80 mill and give a youngster his place on the bench, or buy a RW with the money
It will protect a £50m investment - it is literally the point of contracts from a clubs perspective. With 9 months left of his contract he’s worth a hell of a lot less than nearly 2 years (or the reality of two years, which the one year extension gives us).

wolvored

It will protect a £50m investment - it is literally the point of contracts from a clubs perspective. With 9 months left of his contract he’s worth a hell of a lot less than nearly 2 years (or the reality of two years, which the one year extension gives us).
Yes a good idea for the club. Maybe he will be sold in the next 2 windows then otherwise he can leave for nothing.

Mainoldo

Woody knows this will be Mourinho’s last year. He’s not going to sell Martial for a new manager to request funds to get another Martial. He’s staying. I feel sorry for him though as it’s another season of development wasted.

Canagel

Woody knows this will be Mourinho’s last year. He’s not going to sell Martial for a new manager to request funds to get another Martial. He’s staying. I feel sorry for him though as it’s another season of development wasted.
I really hope this is the case. We must keep hold of Martial and Pogba etc and wait for mourinho to leave first. No point in losing them and the new manager requesting more money for another Martial and Pogba. Could this even be the reason why the board aren't giving him more money this summer?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I really hope this is the case. We must keep hold of Martial and Pogba etc and wait for mourinho to leave first. No point in losing them and the new manager requesting more money for another Martial and Pogba. Could this even be the reason why the board aren't giving him more money this summer?
If that's the case, then Woody should be on his way out as well. If the hierarchy doesn't believe in Jose, surely they'd sack him, rather than just refuse to give him transfer funds, which carries the risk of United have a stinker of a season, finishing outside the top 4 and having an inharmonious squad of players who want out.

Pissing Jose off in hope that he melts down and leaves would be the dumbest and most destructive strategy imaginable. It'd be like being a twat to your missus and cheating on her, in hope that she blows up, burns all your clothes, keys your car and fecks off, rather than ending it amicably for justifiable reasons, all without the trail of destruction.

Back him or sack him. Anything in between is stupid.

fallengt

Should sell him to Tottenham tbh. Martial isn't Mourinho's player.
Poch would get the best our of him, we'd get Alderweireld on the way back.

Andersons Dietician

It must really peeve Jose off that for two summers he has tried to shift Martial and Woody refuses. The boards reluctance to sell Shaw and Martial due to the supposed faith they have in the two surely undermines Jose’s position as manager.
This all sounds like it’s building up to an incident which no matter how you feel about Jose isn’t a good thing.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Should sell him to Tottenham tbh. Martial isn't Mourinho's player.
Poch would get the best our of him, we'd get Alderweireld on the way back.
Why would you sell a player to a league rival if you knew that club would get the best out of him?

That's just crazy.

Irrational.

Personally think he's a goner. Shame as he's pretty much guaranteed to be world class in the next few years.

I just hope we can bring in someone like Dembele of Barca or someone of equal quality/ potential to play on the RW.

fallengt

Why would you sell a player to a league rival if you knew that club would get the best out of him?
Sanchez - Mhkitaryan swap? If anything United & Arsenal rivalry is bigger than United & Spurs rivalry. By this logic why Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs would ever sell their players to us? Get off your high horse. Chelsea won the league after they'd sold us Mata

Team performance should be the priority over anything. We need a CB more than we need another LW right now and what the point keeping Martial if Jose clearly doesn't like him? Assuming the board is still backing Jose for 2 more seasons.

Last edited:

Davs

You would like to think he would use it to spur on future performances. Hopefully he doesn't let it knock him too much and bounces back as fiery as ever.

We need our wide men blistering past defenders and Tony M is one of our only players that can do that.

Dante

Average bang
Martial missing out? You'd might as well say Gerard Depardieu missed out.

Martial wasn't good enough to be in the squad. Simple as that.

acnumber9

Martial is a LF which is different to being on the LM - Jose has consistently told him to touch the line & prefers him holding the width considering that on the other side was primarily Mata - an inside AM. Jose historically likes one winger to cut in & one winger to provide width. Something martial is rubbish at.
That’s a lovely little excuse you’ve created there. Can you explain why Sanchez and Rashford aren’t glued to the touch line when they play there?

Nikelesh Reddy

How does Martial deal with this?
Does he care that he missed out? Does he blame Mourinho for not having a world cup winners medal now or does this reinvigorate him for the new season?
He should have a good long look at himself...The likes of Mbappe and Greizmann are on a completely different level right now,even Giroud consistently performs well.Martial continues to remain infuriatingly inconsistent.He has nobody to blame but himself...

TheReligion

Abusive
Martial should go into the new season highly motivated and determined to succeed..

Sadly we have his agent spouting nonsense and agitating for a move.

I think he'll stay at United as Mourinho would have said otherwise if he was going. That said as a young player he needs to change his attitude and become more team oriented. This stuff about demanding to play certain positions is all a bit worrying when you consider he's a young player who should be simply grateful for such a wonderful opportunity.

If he performs he'll play.

Judas

Open to offers
Personally think he's a goner. Shame as he's pretty much guaranteed to be world class in the next few years.

I just hope we can bring in someone like Dembele of Barca or someone of equal quality/ potential to play on the RW.
I don't think there's any guarantee of that. If that was really true, how come the European giants haven't been breaking down our door to buy him? He's really only been linked with Spurs, and they don't want to pay the money.

MrBest

I disagree. I think martial has so much talent to do whatever he needs but for some reason whether it be personal issues or mourinhos style, he has not progressed. I agree that in general he is one dimensional but he could do so much more which that technical ability, pace and when he first signed, nerves of steel. It's a big year for him and this is really the time he needs to show more. Jose can only stop him progressing by a certain percentage, the rest is down to himself so he needs to stop feeling sorry for him self and grab an opportunity when it comes. I thought it was unfair that he was dropped in Jan for Sanchez but after that he sulked and his performances were rubbish. He should take a leaf from Sane. He gets dropped on occasions but when he does play, he plays like he has a point to prove.

Aloysius's Back 3

That’s a lovely little excuse you’ve created there. Can you explain why Sanchez and Rashford aren’t glued to the touch line when they play there?
I never said they didn't because they do - every time I see Rashford in particular he is playing like Andre schrulle playing much more in line with the corner flag than playing as an inside forward who is much more closer or withing the radius of the box.

Martial & Rashford's role is to primarily provide crosses & support for Lukaku - this is the reason you hear the names of willian & Perisic - players who provide width & provide crosses. What am I making up exactly? We play with wide wingers who provide crosses for Lukaku.

The only difference between Sanchez, Martial & Rashford is that Sanchez is actually good & experienced at having a balance between providing width, taking his man on the inside & the outside whilst having the ability to play a balance of providing the assists for Lukaku & doing things by themselves. This is primarily because Sanchez has had near 10 years experience as a wide midfielder.

Rashford & martial consistently struggle to provide the width by the touchline which is vital to provide the type of support that Jose intends to feed Lukaku & fellaini - especially when considering that on the other side is mostly Mata who is also playing way too inwards to provide crosses.

That's why martial & Rashford are struggling - both are rubbish wingers & rubbish crosser showing significant weaknesses in their able to adapt & provide the movement & finesse of wide midfielders. the only person who makes them play that way is Jose - turning forwards that excel in wider channels in to wide midfielders.

That is the reason he went for Sanchez because simply put - he is better at playing LM than Martial & Rashford.

People can blame these players all they want - but to assume that the manager is going out of his way to get the best out of Rashford & Martial is flawed. Rashford might have played out wide but was not highly thought off until he broke through being a clinical striker - playing a more simpler game being at the right place at the right time rather than beating 3 players to then provide a perfect cross or continue to dribble & shoot. Martial has had no experience as a LM & consistently played as a ST or at the very best a LF which is a totally different kettle of fish to playing LM or LW where he only played for 6 months under LVG due to the undrppeable form of Rashford at the time as a striker but more importantly the unflexible, unthinkable nature of Jose having the ability to utilise a striker like martial, Rashford or both together. Instead of even trying them out - knowing he & his tactics (not united as a club) could not be successful with using martial & Rashford as strikers in partnership - he got ibrahinpvic & later on Lukaku = his tried & tested method of a single target man with the rest of the squad providing support.

A weak manager - 2 years on & not winning nothing on significance - I'd rather have seen what martial & Rashford could have been under partnership with the latter inclusion of Lukaku rather than ibrahinpvic & target men needing make shift wide midfielders.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Sanchez - Mhkitaryan swap? If anything United & Arsenal rivalry is bigger than United & Spurs rivalry. By this logic why Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs would ever sell their players to us? Get off your high horse. Chelsea won the league after they'd sold us Mata and we finished fecking 7th.

Team performance should be the priority over anything. We need a CB more than we need another LW right now and what the point keeping Martial if Jose clearly doesn't like him? Assuming the board is still backing Jose for another 2 seasons.
You misunderstood me, mate.

I have no issue with the club selling to a league rival (apart from Liverpool or City) so long as the deal heavily favours us. But you suggested that Poch would get the best out of Martial, which I agree with, so how does this favour United in any way, shape or form?

When/if Martial leaves the club at any point in the future, be that this summer or beyond, the last thing the club wants is to send him to a place where he will be a success - especially that of a league rival - that's just bad business sense.

acnumber9

I never said they didn't because they do - every time I see Rashford in particular he is playing like Andre schrulle playing much more in line with the corner flag than playing as an inside forward who is much more closer or withing the radius of the box.

Martial & Rashford's role is to primarily provide crosses & support for Lukaku - this is the reason you hear the names of willian & Perisic - players who provide width & provide crosses. What am I making up exactly? We play with wide wingers who provide crosses for Lukaku.

The only difference between Sanchez, Martial & Rashford is that Sanchez is actually good & experienced at having a balance between providing width, taking his man on the inside & the outside whilst having the ability to play a balance of providing the assists for Lukaku & doing things by themselves. This is primarily because Sanchez has had near 10 years experience as a wide midfielder.

Rashford & martial consistently struggle to provide the width by the touchline which is vital to provide the type of support that Jose intends to feed Lukaku & fellaini - especially when considering that on the other side is mostly Mata who is also playing way too inwards to provide crosses.

That's why martial & Rashford are struggling - both are rubbish wingers & rubbish crosser showing significant weaknesses in their able to adapt & provide the movement & finesse of wide midfielders. the only person who makes them play that way is Jose - turning forwards that excel in wider channels in to wide midfielders.

That is the reason he went for Sanchez because simply put - he is better at playing LM than Martial & Rashford.

People can blame these players all they want - but to assume that the manager is going out of his way to get the best out of Rashford & Martial is flawed. Rashford might have played out wide but was not highly thought off until he broke through being a clinical striker - playing a more simpler game being at the right place at the right time rather than beating 3 players to then provide a perfect cross or continue to dribble & shoot. Martial has had no experience as a LM & consistently played as a ST or at the very best a LF which is a totally different kettle of fish to playing LM or LW where he only played for 6 months under LVG due to the undrppeable form of Rashford at the time as a striker but more importantly the unflexible, unthinkable nature of Jose having the ability to utilise a striker like martial, Rashford or both together. Instead of even trying them out - knowing he & his tactics (not united as a club) could not be successful with using martial & Rashford as strikers in partnership - he got ibrahinpvic & later on Lukaku = his tried & tested method of a single target man with the rest of the squad providing support.

A weak manager - 2 years on & not winning nothing on significance - I'd rather have seen what martial & Rashford could have been under partnership with the latter inclusion of Lukaku rather than ibrahinpvic & target men needing make shift wide midfielders.
I’m not even reading all that. I know you never said they didn’t hug the touch line. I didn’t need you to. I watch the games and they clearly don’t do it. It’s strange that Mourinho plays Sánchez when he wants his winger to hug the touch line because he doesn’t do it. You’re talking nonsense.

Aloysius's Back 3

I’m not even reading all that. I know you never said they didn’t hug the touch line. I didn’t need you to. I watch the games and they clearly don’t do it. It’s strange that Mourinho plays Sánchez when he wants his winger to hug the touch line because he doesn’t do it. You’re talking nonsense.
Sure that's not my fault and is yours. Jose is always telling Martial & Rashford to hug the touchline more because they do not do it enough - the type of position that is needed to get the best out of a central target men striker like Lukaku with crossing rather than from central areas where they purely provide goal scoring threat & ability. Seen it in countless games with Jose waving his hands to martial & Rashford to stay more wider.

Sanchez is the best at that - Rashford & martial are the worst. Making them to do that when they are poor at it is poor management whilst José's fans will blame the players inability to suddenly become great wingers (talking about their work rate, behavior, emotional strengths or whatever:rolleyes:) they don't even consider the fact that Jose could be organising the likes of Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez better instead of having everyone providing support to one central striker :boring: