Martin Ødegaard | Arse Loan

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can we stop pretending he's class now?

cyberman

A lot of people wanted us to take him and Regulion on loan for feck sake. We were being elitest if we didn't.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's been average at best for me, a lot of thee Arsenal fans that I know aren't that enamoured with him, they call him out for being a little too safe in comparison to Smith Rowe for example.
My wife is a Arsenal fan so I usually end up watching their games with her, from what i see he really doesn't offer enough cutting edge. He is neat and tidy without ever really having a splitting pass or a stunning shot enough times.

I think currently Arsenal is his level. He is a long way off from the level United need.
I mean I dont watch much games but I hear Pepe's name more than his recently; so this is why I have been wondering if he had reached a bit of the hype he kind of came to arsenal with or kind of muzzled out a bit at Arsenal.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I mean I dont watch much games but I hear Pepe's name more than his recently; so this is why I have been wondering if he had reached a bit of the hype he kind of came to arsenal with or kind of muzzled out a bit at Arsenal.
From what i have seen he hasn't justified the hype, and from what the Arsenal fans I know have said (and to be fair they know thier football a lot of them, apart from the fact they follow Arsenal!) they aren't overly keen to keep him.
Part of it may be due to Arteta's strange passive tactics at times, but he doesn't grab a game by the scruff of the neck in the same way that a Bruno or KDB would. I'm not comparing him to their levels however, I am just merely suggesting that he has a lot to learn still and doesn't seem ready still for the top level.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
From what i have seen he hasn't justified the hype, and from what the Arsenal fans I know have said (and to be fair they know thier football a lot of them, apart from the fact they follow Arsenal!) they aren't overly keen to keep him.
Part of it may be due to Arteta's strange passive tactics at times, but he doesn't grab a game by the scruff of the neck in the same way that a Bruno or KDB would. I'm not comparing him to their levels however, I am just merely suggesting that he has a lot to learn still and doesn't seem ready still for the top level.
Yeah, I was not a fan who cried for Odegaard particularly- but I have to say that from what you said I do wonder if he is struggling a bit from Arteta’s management.

That Brazilian player Martinelli was looking great for them at one point is being picked on and off right now, not looking like a starter for them.

I wonder if he would be worthwhile trying for actually maybe more so than odegaard.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Good assist for the winner last night.

For his own sake I hope he doesn't sign for Arsenal if Arteta still is there next season. Such cowardly and defensive tactics are a graveyard for any young free-flowing attacker.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
That Brazilian player Martinelli was looking great for them at one point is being picked on and off right now, not looking like a starter for them.

I wonder if he would be worthwhile trying for actually maybe more so than odegaard.
Didn't impress during his four trials at United!

theklr

Too much hot and cold, but he's not ready for RM yet so I'd can see them loaning him out another year or possibly sell him to fund incomings.

MU655

He is one of those players that is going to have a 'What happened to...' thread in five or so years.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Find it a bit difficult to judge him. He was improving game by game, influence growing & starting to become the attacking leader of the team, took that 2nd half vs West Ham by the scruff of the neck for instance.

However, he got injured not long after that, & has mostly been used from the bench the last few games when he got back to fitness.

Hes certainly not done enough to warrant splashing out £40M or £50M this summer, I'd probably rather take a punt on Buendia for somewhere close to that money. Certainly wouldn't mind another loan if that option was on the table.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can we stop pretending he's class now?
He is good, was rated as one of best players in La Liga last season after all. Started off o.k at Arsenal (when they came back from 3-0 down at West Ham he was big part of that comeback and played well at home to Spurs) and then momentum was lost with injury.

Great ball for Martinelli goal last night so that's the vision he has but I agree it's been more moments here and there rather than domination in games.

Think season loan next year would be good decision rather than just going back to Madrid even if Zidane leaves.