Martin Ødegaard | Arse Loan

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Priority for the summer is to try & secure him on sort of deal for next season. Loan, buy, we must try & get him.
Maybe, I'd rather see a strong Luiz replacement if Saliba isn't to make it.

It was nice to see Calum Chambers give Arteta something to think about too.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe, I'd rather see a strong Luiz replacement if Saliba isn't to make it.

It was nice to see Calum Chambers give Arteta something to think about too.
In a period of limited funds, I'd rather try & put faith in Saliba, & I hope the club do too. Everything is their raw material wise with him, just needs game time & experience to put it together.

Odegaard priority, with Bellerin replacement, partner for Partey, & Lacazette replacement making up a realistic wish list for me.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Real would be absolutely mad to let him leave. Zidane is still relying on Modric..

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
In a period of limited funds, I'd rather try & put faith in Saliba, & I hope the club do too. Everything is their raw material wise with him, just needs game time & experience to put it together.

Odegaard priority, with Bellerin replacement, partner for Partey, & Lacazette replacement making up a realistic wish list for me.
CB is not a position where we need a newb learning his trade though. Unless he suddenly starts showing some big improvement it's more likely he'll stick with the clown.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wonder if Madrid is too big for him right now. He could benefit a lot from being at Arsenal where expectations are much lower. Maybe once he reaches 26 or so he'll be ready for the elite teams.

Arguably he should have joined an Ajax or Dortmund type side but he might have found that in Arsenal.

RoyH1

Real would be absolutely mad to let him leave. Zidane is still relying on Modric..
You're right, they would be mad.Odegaard is a perfect replacement for either Kroos or Modric. He hasn't reached his peak yet.

Read in the Spanish press that Odegaard's problem in Madrid is that he hasn't hit it off with the Ramos' clique, and they have a lot of influence on the dressing room and Zidane.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
At best Le Arse get to buy him with a buy back option. Therefore a glorified loan that only becomes permanent if he doesn't live up to his potential.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
At best Le Arse get to buy him with a buy back option. Therefore a glorified loan that only becomes permanent if he doesn't live up to his potential.
Think it depends how much cash they are looking to raise & if they want to go all in on a Mbappe / Halaand type deal.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It would be good for arsenal and odegaard if loan get extend for another season. By the end of it Modric probably no longer has the legs for Real Madrid.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It would be good for arsenal and odegaard if loan get extend for another season. By the end of it Modric probably no longer has the legs for Real Madrid.
Modric and Benzema will be playing until their legs fall off as long as Zidane is there.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Modric and Benzema will be playing until their legs fall off as long as Zidane is there.
Truth to be told they deserve to play given their current level, Zidane or not.

Raredaredevil

He should have gone to Dortmund at 16, completely wasted his teenage years at Real Madrid. Dortmund and the German system would have been much better at developing youth talent. Imagine with him and Haaland.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Good player, shit attitude. He and his father demanded in his contract with Real to be written that he plays with the B team but trains with the first team only! At the age of 16! Remember who was the coach of the B team back then?! Yeah, the same guy who is in charge of Madrid as of now. As long Zizou is there he will be loaned out somewhere.

Eriku

Good player, shit attitude. He and his father demanded in his contract with Real to be written that he plays with the B team but trains with the first team only! At the age of 16! Remember who was the coach of the B team back then?! Yeah, the same guy who is in charge of Madrid as of now. As long Zizou is there he will be loaned out somewhere.
His attitude’s one of his strongest attributes :confused:

I get what you’re saying but to claim his attitude is shite on that evidence alone is a bit much.

justsomebloke

His attitude’s one of his strongest attributes :confused:

I get what you’re saying but to claim his attitude is shite on that evidence alone is a bit much.
One could well say it's completely ridiculous. His attitude has been praised everywhere he's been.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a proper #10 in the classic mould that I like. Excellent on the ball, dribbling, weight of pass, goal threat too. He has great work rate too.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Someone is butthurt he rejected Ajax thrice.

RooneyLegend

It's amazing how Zidane has treated him. There are alot of similarities between his game and Zidanes.

Hoof the ball

It's amazing how Zidane has treated him. There are alot of similarities between his game and Zidanes.
Zidane won't drop Casemiro, Modric and Kroos to save his life. Half the time when he's resting any of those three he's playing Valverde, who started the season really well. Still I'm surprised that they couldn't fit him in as a RW and have him drift inside. It's not as if he lacks the work rate. He always puts in a defensive shift.

Didn't know he was so verbal on the pitch. Impressive leadership from a 22 year old that just arrived at the club. Naming him the captain of Norway makes even more sense now.
Ødegaard miked up vs West Ham:

Ventura

Ødegaard just won Cope Del Rey yesterday with Sociedad, congratulations! He was a bit invisible in the final though.

Red00012

Won the copa del ray whilst been in another country and one of the best young players out there says he wants to play with him next season . So this Arsenal thing won’t last longer than May then

MattofManchester

How is he doing at Arsenal? He has bags of talent, but it was a wonder of mine if he'd flop in the PL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pretty good but seems he picked up an injury so hasn't played last two games.

Arsenal back to being incredibly dull to watch without him or ESR.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How has he been?

Is he a player that fans at our club would still beg to sign or has that gone down a bit since the loan?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only 3 pages probably tells the story.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How has he been?

Is he a player that fans at our club would still beg to sign or has that gone down a bit since the loan?
He'd be a good backup for Fernandes and decent rotation on the right wing.

Obviously we have our eyes on other targets so there hasn't been much excitement but he's a very good player.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's been average at best for me, a lot of thee Arsenal fans that I know aren't that enamoured with him, they call him out for being a little too safe in comparison to Smith Rowe for example.
My wife is a Arsenal fan so I usually end up watching their games with her, from what i see he really doesn't offer enough cutting edge. He is neat and tidy without ever really having a splitting pass or a stunning shot enough times.

I think currently Arsenal is his level. He is a long way off from the level United need.