Martin Ødegaard - Next season

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by sun_tzu, May 19, 2016.

1. Jun 28, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

He was sacked long time back and then was sacked from Sunderland after that too.
  2. Jun 28, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Blimey they're worse than Spurs were under Ardiles when he played five strikers. :lol:

Borja Mayoral didn't score much at Levante I think last year so feels to me this will be a little like picking up Sandro Ramirez who's confidence was shot after his goal shy Everton spell.

Will surely cash in on Willian Jose aswell.
  3. Jun 28, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I actually thought that was an in joke or something e.g. poster saw Real Sociedad play last year, thought they were boring (they had many 0-0s at home) and assumed Moyes was still in.

Just for the record @Samid he was sacked in November.....2015 and has since managed 3-4 times against Man. United for Sunderland and West Ham in last two seasons. Was linked to Newcastle job this week.
  4. Jun 28, 2019

Foxtrot New Member

Supports:
    Die Mannschaft
    Real Madrid seems to love to do loan deals with German clubs at a cut-off price. Annoying why they can't do it with us. This kid has basically done a career suicide by going to Real Madrid, should have gone to a German club for his formative development years but at least he's a millionaire now.
  5. Jun 28, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

Surely Newcastle cannot hire him? At least they are used to playing attractive football though they may not win too many matches. With Moyes they will bore everyone to sleep and I cannot see the Magpies accepting that.
  6. Jun 28, 2019

quackattack Full Member

Yeah, Or a top dutch club. Ajax and PSV would probably be nice for him.
  7. Jul 5, 2019

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

8. Jul 5, 2019

Eriku Full Member

Excellent!

Only one season too, which I assume is an indication that Real think he’s not too far off joining their squad. Or maybe they’re just giving themselves an out, and he might still do a second season at RS.
  9. Jul 9, 2019

Eriku Full Member

Nice lil moment that was captured during his first training session with Real Sociedad:

10. Aug 18, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

Yes it might be the Norwegian in me talking - but if we are gonna lose Pogba to Real - we really should try to get him as part of the deal. His performance yesterday was superb. It feels good to be a Norwegian right now - think we have to go back to the wonderful 69-73 generation (Berg, Johnsen, Solskjaer, Flo, Leonhardsen, Bohinen, Mykland etc) to last find this amount of talented youngsters in Norway.
  11. Aug 18, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    He played well second half. Some lovely dribbles, just wish he'd have a shot when he reached edge of the box.

In terms of style he reminds me a lot of Wilshere when he first broke through at Arsenal.
  12. Aug 18, 2019

Handré1990 Full Member

He’s the kind of player we’re missing. Not sure if he’s good enough for us, but a player with a similar profile would do us a lot of good. Passing and technique is top level already.
  13. Aug 18, 2019

Eriku Full Member

Looked pretty comfortable, I thought, but no-where as dominant as we’ve seen him before. I’ve no doubt that he’ll keep growing :)
  14. Aug 18, 2019

Cardboard elk New Member

Supports:
    Rosenborg
    Yes I thought exactly the same, he took one dribble to much. He is able to dribble through anything though, but usually he focuses on delivering for teammates and shooting from outside the 16.

He will have matches where he is a lot better than yesterdays with more dribbles, goals and assists. But a very good first LaLiga performance for Real S.
    I think it will be better when Isak starts in front as those two fits like a glove with Odegaards surgery passes and Isaks timed runs. Interesting team this year Sociedad.

If Odegaard were to play for Ole he would have to beef up and learn to handle rough treatment and stat doing tackles though. I think spanish football suits him better at the moment.
    He is a lot better defensively and runs all over the pitch though. So I guess that + all the chances he creates makes up for not tackling players.

Not many players in the world with the capacity in midfield that boy has. And still only 20. Will be fun to see the development this year.
  15. Aug 18, 2019

Macern Pee pee pants

I was at the Mestalla yesterday, he was excellent. Best player on the pitch. Worked tirelessly and dictated the game.
  16. Aug 18, 2019

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

He made 3 tackles yesterday, the most on the team.
  17. Aug 18, 2019

massi83 Full Member

That's the most boring 5min ever, just in case any non-Norwegian thinks of watching it. Comfortable yeah, but zero exciting moments.
  18. Aug 18, 2019

Eriku Full Member

What vital, vital work you do.
  19. Aug 18, 2019

Handré1990 Full Member

:lol:
  20. Aug 18, 2019

massi83 Full Member

Don't be so precious.
  21. Aug 18, 2019

Eriku Full Member

I’m not, it’s just that a boring but solid five mins doesn’t need a disclaimer in the ØDEGAARD thread. Norwegian or not, most people posting here can be said to be above average interested in Ødegaard... or haters ;) though I guess that might count as interest.
  22. Aug 18, 2019

massi83 Full Member

Ok :) Seemed like a 7.2 performance that whoscored also gave him. Which is fair enough. Expected more that's all. And always happy to see a Nordic player do well, even if all of them can't score a hat-trick ;)
  23. Aug 18, 2019

Eriku Full Member

Yeah, highest rating on his team. I have to admit, I’m a bit surprised at the praise he’s getting in the Spanish press after yesterday’s performance seeing as it was a fairly muted one.
  24. Aug 18, 2019

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    He's a real madrid player
  25. Aug 18, 2019

Tom Cato Full Member

Even as a Norweigian Ødegaard superfan, that highlight reel is a little bit anti-climatic :p A lot of safe plays, some defensive work and one great throughball on top of a couple so so shots. I saw the 2nd half and I think he ha a good game, but I'm not sure why the Spanish press are raving about it.
  26. Aug 19, 2019

hocane New Member

La Liga just seem so boring and slow compared to Premier League.
    They are overly obsessed with possession.
    Dull league imo.
  27. Aug 25, 2019

Eriku Full Member

First goal scored, a match winning one as well :)

28. Aug 25, 2019

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

We're winning the Euros.
  29. Aug 25, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    He played well. Mallorca defending wasn't up to much on the counter attack but he still finished it well.

Good enough level to do well at top end of premier league but guess Real Madrid think he can still break through eventually given their ageing CMS. Did I read he's on loan at La Real next season aswell?
  30. Aug 25, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

Matter of time imho.
  31. Aug 25, 2019

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    According to the "Comunicado oficial" is until June 2020
  32. Aug 25, 2019

Eriku Full Member

Spanish regulations only allow for loaning a player a season at a time, but the agreement is that he’s supposed to be with La Real for two seasons.
  33. Aug 25, 2019

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    ah ok, thanks. I didn´t know. In that case It´s a pity because he is playing really well and probably we would need him next summer
  34. Aug 25, 2019

Cardboard elk New Member

Supports:
    Rosenborg
    I no longer have any doubts he will be good enough for RM but as long as you have Zidane as a coach I do not see that happen. I think he prefers older more experienced players. I think Øde is in a great place for his development right now. Ronaldo saw something in him and mentioned him as one of the big future players once I remember. For me I look forward to when he really lets himself loose on the field. That will happen more in matches with more space and quick movement from box to box. Hoping for some beautiful dribbles and goals this season. Hard program for Real Sociedad in the beginning though. 3 away games first and a lot of good teams. Next is A. Bilbao away and then A. Madrid at home. I do not expect it to be easy in those matches, so if he rules the midfield in those matches, even an Ødegaard fan like me will be very impressed. Also will be very cool to see the november match against RM :) Wonder what the audience will react like if he scores.
  35. Aug 25, 2019

Schneckerl Full Member

True. I'd rather have Ødegaard than Vinicius.
  36. Aug 27, 2019

MVBDX New Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid

Brilliant stuff, better than most of our mids already. Our current squad can't compete at the highest level, but boy our future looks bright with the likes of him, Rodrygo, Kubo and Vinicius.
  37. Aug 30, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

This kid is absolutely class. He plays with real control over the ball, every touch is secure and goes where he wants. Freekicks land accurately all the time, corners are good.

IF the inevitable happens and Pogba does end up in Madrid, we should make sure Odegaard is included in the deal. He would walk into our midfield, and at just 20 years old he's clearly going to be hungry to prove himself.

We missed a trick with Sneijder and Robben last time.
  38. Aug 31, 2019

Cardboard elk New Member

Supports:
    Rosenborg
    He also works very hard, runs a lot. 12,2km in the game at Mallorca. Propably more tonight. Very focused and diciplined. The best about him except for the technique is how quick he is to see spaces and execute ultra precise passes timed perfectly for the reciever. And his vision is already among the worlds finest. I am looking forward to when he starts banging in his curved freekick goals in La Liga. And his corners can be lethal, like when he had 3 corner assists in one game for Vitesse.
  39. Aug 31, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Tougher match for him tonight, Bilbao pressed like mad. Unlucky not to score right at the end.

After watching the games he certainly has enough to be good player for top 6 team in many leagues, not sure if he's quite Madrid quality but still very young.

Will miss Illarramendi experience in the middle though, La Real have very young team in many areas of the team.
  40. Aug 31, 2019

Synco Lucio's #1 Fan

That's why I never bought the doom & gloom about him and his supposedly 'finished' career. These traits were special in such a young player, and they were already visible at Heerenveen, imo. The main problem in the couple of games I saw was that no one there was really on his wavelength, except Schaars.