Martin Atkinson

cyberman

There needs to be a league table next year consisting of how many times a ref needs his atrocious decisions reversed

The Hilton

He's been alright for the most part, by his standards anyway, but he's so easily influenced by the crowd - the red for lindelof being a great example.

NinjaFletch

:lol:

VAR exposing this incompetent tit for what he is
Don't think that's really that shocking a decision. I don't think it was a red, but it's definitely borderline.

I'd be interested to see what Atkinson would have decided had he seen it again rather than another referee.

Johan Jovo

His positioning is really poor. He is always in the way of the players/ball on the edge of the box.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Happy to see him put his tail between his legs for that decision.

Skills

Snitch
Don't think that's really that shocking a decision. I don't think it was a red, but it's definitely borderline.

I'd be interested to see what Atkinson would have decided had he seen it again rather than another referee.
I think that's a shocking decision. The challenge was obviously late, but it's not dangerous and his studs aren't showing. You're allowed to make a genuine attempt to get the ball and miss in the attempt. That's a text book yellow card offence.

Classical Mechanic

Thought it was a red personally. Reminded me of that leg breaker on Shaw by Herrera. Far too much force and dangerous play. The second angle looked especially bad.

NinjaFletch

I think that's a shocking decision. The challenge was obviously late, but it's not dangerous and his studs aren't showing. You're allowed to make a genuine attempt to get the ball and miss in the attempt. That's a text book yellow card offence.
He went in really hard, something lost on slow motion showing, with his top leg in the air.

As I said, I don't think it's a red, but you can definitely see why it was given as one and I wouldn't have been amazed if VAR had upheld it. It's definitely in interpretation territory, not clear and obvious error territory.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Probably not quite enough for a red, but a yellow doesn't seem like it was enough either. One of those tackles that definitely falls between the two, and is entirely open to interpretation.

I don't think there was any reason to overturn the on-field referee's decision.

paulscholes18

:lol: Just seen what he tried to send Lindelof for feck off are you giving a red for that, he needs banning from refing United games

Man-United

He's from Leeds..

He tried to ruin our title win already in 2002/03 against Arsenal when he was assistant ref and allowed two offside goals. Always against us

marktan

I dislike him because he used to feck up decisions against for about 10 years straight but in the last year or two he's been pretty solid in our matches. Thought he was fine, with the help of VAR.

R'hllor

People rather see him and refs like him running wild then introducing VAR and improving it day by day, makes sense.

Fitchett

Poor performance by us. But according to the BBC, we conceded five fouls and picked up five yellow cards, one of which would have been a red, if Atkinson had his way. In the meantime, Wolves conceded 12 fouls, but only picked up three yellow cards. Can someone please explain how that works out.

Coleyoscar

Poor performance by us. But according to the BBC, we conceded five fouls and picked up five yellow cards, one of which would have been a red, if Atkinson had his way. In the meantime, Wolves conceded 12 fouls, but only picked up three yellow cards. Can someone please explain how that works out.
Amazing statistics. At least we have VAR to help protect us from the worst of these comedians (Mike Dean, Atkinson, et al).

montpelier

He always been a bit of a 'homer' for me. He's given us a few decisions at OT.

I hadn't picked up about the yellow cards, due to a lack of paying attention, but it isn't a surprise somehow.

I was really surprised when the red got overturned though.

lsd

The Oracle
For about a minute and a half actually

We all know the posts in here had it been the other way round .

It was reckless and he took the guys legs . I can't believe VAR pulled back the red . If that's not a red card today I don't know what is

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

It was reckless and he took the guys legs . I can't believe VAR pulled back the red . If that's not a red card today I don't know what is
In real time, on first viewing I thought good tackle. Then after the replay I thought yellow. Then after I saw both feet off the ground I thought red. I still think all 3 might be true.

Giggs86

The look on his face when the VAR told him that he was wrong was priceless. Shame we didn't have VAR in the last 12 years or so during which he fecked us over so many times, being the incompetent twat that he is.

montpelier

This is what I thought. I've said loads that get the ball were only yellows possibly & been repeatedly met with this on here.

Definitely more red than yellow for me - I was amazed it got overturned anyway - don't see much of this non=existent 'clear & obvious' error in it.