Martin Tyler Commentary | United Goals

Trizy

Was just about to say this. Clive Tyldesley is the best British commentator around IMO. The commentary for the 3rd goal was epic "Magical Manchester United"

Never noticed that commentary, Carrick scores the best goal of his career and the commentator barely says a word :lol:

Ixion

De Rossi's finish for that Roma goal was ridiculous. That must be how Benteke felt on Saturday.

SirAnderson

Super Bump. Move if needed.

Was watching all the games of the new season again and again out of boredom and frustration during this international break.
Martin Tyler was at it again, purring over our goals, especially the last 3 goals against Swansea!!
His the type that grates any fan if its not your team. But my is it enjoyable when its for us that he goes weak in the knees for.

Start from 5:43. But Pogba's goal and Martial's, his commentary is just delightful, delicious and so smooth...sooo slick. :lol:

EDIT: Egg faced, but lovely commentary none the less, should start a thread of Sir Drury.

Last edited:

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Was watching all the games of the new season again and again out of boredom and frustration during this international break.
Martin Tyler was at it again, purring over our goals, especially the last 3 goals against Swansea!!
His the type that grates any fan if its not your team. But my is it enjoyable when its for us that he goes weak in the knees for.

Start from 5:43. But Pogba's goal and Martial's, his commentary is just delightful, delicious and so smooth...sooo slick. :lol:

That's not Martin Tyler that's Peter Drury.

ChaddyP

EDIT: Egg faced, but lovely commentary none the less, should start a thread of Sir Drury.
:lol::lol:

ChaddyP

Can't blame a man, serve me right posting at 12am here and bored out of my mind, but I'm allowed to hear voices in my head :lol:
my favourite commentary moment from Tyler was martials debut goal. I taunt my Liverpool mates with it constantly. I get Drury alot on my feed though. Always glad to hear his voice. Darke now... I put the TV on mute

FujiVice

Martin Tyler and Andy Gray's commentary on the Arsenal vs United second semi final in 1999 should have been given some kind of award. Its possibly the greatest call of a football match I've ever heard. The constant stream of incidents and amazing football helped, but Tyler and Gray were like poets that night.

ChaddyP

Martin Tyler and Andy Gray's commentary on the Arsenal vs United second semi final in 1999 should have been given some kind of award. Its possibly the greatest call of a football match I've ever heard. The constant stream of incidents and amazing football helped, but Tyler and Gray were like poets that night.
Agreed. Their commentary is as iconic as Giggs celebration

FujiVice

Its all about the story for Tyler. He isnt pro or anti-United. But I believe he certainly goes in the general direction of where the best story of the match is. Like when Cantona scored in the last minute of the FA Cup final against Liverpool and he yelled "you just couldnt write this script." He was so pro Cantona that year. He was pro United in 99 going for the Treble. He was pro Arsenal in 2004 when they were going for the unbeaten run. He was loving that last minute winner for City against QPR as well. He was pro Liverpool in 2014 when they were going for the title for the first time in decades. He loves to see records broken, new things happening and new stars being born. I've never had a problem with him. That's just always been his way.

Mr Smith

I like Drury, actually. Even though his voice is like a penknife - you never know what sound will come out.
I like Drury's voice, but his commentary has become too generic, and especially over the top when he's commentating on one of the top 6.

vivaronaldo

if you ever get a chance to watch his 1999 champions league final call , it is simply the best

becks swings in that corner "what a historic moment this could..............O IT IS....."

sensational

Spoony

The People's President
if you ever get a chance to watch his 1999 champions league final call , it is simply the best

becks swings in that corner "what a historic moment this could..............O IT IS....."

sensational

I don't recall him doing the 99 commentary.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

sensational
Wasn't it Clive Tyldesly who did the commentary that night?

Judas

Open to offers
Maybe he did commentary for a different network, I've heard more than just Clive do commentary on that game. But obviously for English people, that's the one we remember.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Martin Tyler called the 1999 Champions League final for SBS Australia.

Robertd0803

I don't recall him doing the 99 commentary.
Wasn't it Clive Tyldesly who did the commentary that night?
Martin Tyler called the 1999 Champions League final for SBS Australia.
Yeah, you hear him the odd time on documentaries regarding the Treble or the Champions League that would be on BT/ESPN every so often. Very jarring hearing it though, when Clive Tyldeslys commentary is ingrained in to your memory.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Can't recall hearing Tyler's commentary of 99 but Tyldsley's ones were so iconic.

Moiraine

Andy Gray is not doing commentary anymore right ?

I only see him sitting in BeIN Sports Studios as an expert. I wish he could come back as a commentator at least... :(

Matab8r

One of my favourite moments haven't been posted - certainly an iconic piece of commentary in the 90's

Tribec

Tyler's commentary may be a bit more reserved on this game, but he was the voice of one of the greatest night's if not THE greatest night in Old Trafford's history.

jimmyb2000

I like Drury's voice, but his commentary has become too generic, and especially over the top when he's commentating on one of the top 6.(/QUOTE)

Yeh, Drury's commentary is way too flowery and unnecessarily grandiose. He's also unable to hide his Liverpool bias at times. Get him and Jim Beglin commentating on a Liverpool game and you can almost hear them ejaculate in unison any time the scouse do anything of note.