Marveld 2011

datura

Some good stuff here from the newbies (cheers Top) on the recent tournament:

United U15 finished 11/12 in the Marveld U15 Tournament (Holland) last month.That's not a good result 'cause in 2010 tournament we finished 3rd instead.So here is the players we took to Holland:
1. Kieran O'Hara, 2. Joe Riley, 3. Samuel Hart, 4. Luke Daly, 5. Edward-Paul Fulwood, 6. Cameron Barthwick, 7. Scott McTominay, 8. Ryan Shields, 9. Devonte Redmond, 10. Oliver Rathbone, 11. Alexander Naylor, 12. Benjamin Greenop, 13. Kieran Harrison, 14. Benjamin Whiteman, 15. Elliot Rokka, 16. Jack Harrison

liking that British sounding lineup!

some info i dug up on the squad...

A YOUNG footballer has proved a real rising star after scoring a spot on the England youth squad aged just 13.

Elliot Rokka, a pupil at North Cestrian Grammar School, Altrincham, has been in Manchester United Football Academy for two years.

He was picked by talent scouts for the North West Schools Squad and from there recruited to the England under-17s team.
  • Ryan Shields was one of the 3 debutants from the Everton game back in April.
  • GK Kieran O'Hara is from St Bede’s College, same school that William and Michael Keane attended.

can't find too much else on the other lads, outside of their involvement in other friendly matches (here) and general Academy information. as they're so young, and likely not on full scholarships, not much information is released.

Results

Drew 2-2 with Auxerre
Lost 1-0 to PSV
Lost 1-0 to Anderlecht
Lost 2-0 to Real Madrid.
Won 2-1 against SV Grol

only other English team, Liverpool, finished 3rd - it was their first time participating in the tournament, and our 9th. last year was our best finish (3rd place).
last year we took there the likes of James Wilson,Matthew Wilkinson and Joe Rothwell,far better prospects than this year maybe
not worry much about the results,in 2008 even this year Youth Cup's winners were there (Morrison,Thorpe,Johnstone,Keane brothers,Cole,Thorpe,Blackett...) but we still finished 10th
[/QUOTE]

jeston

Thanks for posting all that datura (and thanks to the newbs who contributed)

And to put names to faces..

(From L-R)
Back Row: Kieran Harrison, Luke Daly, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Alex Naylor, Ben Whiteman, Joe Riley, Ben Greenop, Ryan Shields

Front Row: Devonte Redmond, Edward Cole-Fulwood, Kieran O'Hara, Scott McTominay, Elliot Rokka, Sam Hart, Ollie Rathbone, Jack Harrison​

datura

The full Rokka article (it's nearly 2 years old so he'd be about 15 now):

Talented teen picked for England squad | Trafford News - menmedia.co.uk

A YOUNG footballer has proved a real rising star after scoring a spot on the England youth squad aged just 13.

Elliot Rokka, a pupil at North Cestrian Grammar School, Altrincham, has been in Manchester United Football Academy for two years.

He was picked by talent scouts for the North West Schools Squad and from there recruited to the England under-17s team.

Elliot said: "We went to a competition with the North West Schools team where there were scouts for the England team. They chose 22 kids to play a match and from that chose 15 for the team.

"I didn’t know I had been picked until I got home – but I was really excited when I found out."

A keen Manchester United supporter, Elliot has enjoyed his time at the football academy, adding: "The training and coaching are really good and I got to travel to Switzerland and Italy for competitions, which was brilliant."

He also excels at athletics, representing North Cestrian at the North West Independent Schools’ Association Athletics Championships, where he holds the cross-country champion title.

But football is Elliot’s first love.

The Warrington teenager said: "I definitely prefer football, but the athletics stuff is useful because it keeps my fitness levels up." He is now looking forward to his first competition with the England squad, the Repton Festival 2009 this summer.

The tournament is held in August at Repton School, Derby, between teams of youngsters from all over Europe.

Because the competition involves club teams as well as country ones, a team from the Manchester United Academy is also going – so Elliot will have to pick a side.

But he says it was not a difficult decision. "I knew I wanted to play for the England squad and, luckily, when I went to my managers at Manchester United they said they would support me," he said.

"I am really looking forward to the Repton Festival – it will be exciting to play for my country for the first time."

Martin Sharpe, a teacher at North Cestrian, says they are all very proud of Elliot.

He said: "He is a terrific kid. He works hard in lessons and balances his sporting demands against his school career.

"He is very level-headed, considering everything that has happened to him, and he is definitely one of football’s bright young stars."

datura

Ryan Shields featured in the Academy game at Everton this season

Scott McTominay

Scott's top of the shots

Published on Thursday 1 March 2007 13:09

ON THE BALL:

Scott McTominay has returned from playing for Manchester United Academy in the prestigious Aarau Masters in Switzerland with a special souvenir – a football signed by stars like Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs. Scott, a pupil at St Wilfrid's, Halton, was given the ball after being named player of the tournament, despite being one of the youngest. In the group stages, United's best results were against Bronby (2-0), FC Hagglingen (4-0) and drawing with Bayern Munich (2-2). But eventual runners-up, Brazilian side Santa Cruz Recife, knocked them out in the quarter-finals

Published on Wednesday 28 May 2008 10:18

THERE was yet more footballing success for the town of Morecambe at Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday.

The team from Halton St Wilfrid's CE Primary School represented Morecambe FC in the national Community Cup final at the famous stadium.

And a first-half goal from captain Scott McTominay was enough to beat Caroline Haslett Primary School, representing MK Dons, to clinch the cup and finish first out of more than 2,000 schools.

The team, who were playing their last competitive match together, was Scott McTominay (capt), Daniel Barnett, Ted Mossop, Daniel Towers, Alex Danvers, Rory Purdie, Aaron Stephenson-Hoyle and Matthew Livingstone.

They were coached by deputy head teacher Mark Grayson and Alan Hoyle.

Their head teacher, Janet Alexander, was very proud of them all.

She said: "It's a fantastic achievement and a wonderful day. The support from parents, family and friends was brilliant.

"It was a great goal from Scott but it was a bit nerve-wracking towards the end. When we entered, we never thought we would play at Wembley."

datura

Keiran O'Hara

Manchester Cup Victory

June 4th, 2010
St Bede’s College U14 Football Team has regained the Manchester Schools
Football Trophy which they last won in 2005. The team beat St Matthew’s High School 2-1 in the final on Friday 22 May at Wright Robinson Playing Fields. “There are many similarities between this year’s team and the 2005 team,’ said Mr Dumbill, the team’s coach. ‘They had William Keane, the Manchester United under 18 Player of the Year, and his twin brother, Michael, who is also on United’s books, playing for them, and I am hoping that some of this year’s players might be able to follow in their footsteps. We already have two of the squad signed to Manchester United and Bury, I am sure that others in the team might now start to be picked up by other teams. This result was a real team effort and every member of the squad needs to be congratulated on individual achievements throughout the season.”
Kieran O’Hara, the team’s goalkeeper, who is signed to the Manchester United Football Academy said, “We were very surprised with the turnout at the final. There
were about two hundred people there to support us and it was great to see our team score the first two goals. We should have pushed on to score more. Instead, they scored a consolation goal in the last few minutes of the game, resulting in a
very tense finish.”

The Team: Kieran O’Hara, Adam Williams, Suh-awa Fusi, Rory O’Malley,
Jonathan Morrisey, Victor Sanchez, Sebastian Smith, Ged Brobbin, Max
Woodruff, Liam Garry, Sean Ryan
Subs: Joe Ferris, Luke Welsh, Andy Woodcock, William Cook, Joshua Fleury

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
There are loads of pics up on the official website. Looks like Luke Daly wore the armband.

oskarutd

A little bit off subject, but useful information.
The squad that went for the u-15 game against Ipswich this year:

Manchester United squad: Benjamin Barber, Joshua Brownhill, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Elliot Chadderton, Callum Evans, Ashley Fletcher, Joshua Harrop, Nicolas Ioannou, Otis Khan, Matthew Musialowski, Alexander Naylor, Devonte Redmond, Joe Riley, Michael Starkey, Benjamin Whiteman, James Wilson.

Callum Evans is 10 or 11 now.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Got this PM

moO said:
Hey Elliott, wanted to just tack on that Evans signed a 4 year deal in late 2010 with United. He used to play for AFC Bath City.
This guy and konvict will make fine additions to this forum, hopefully sooner rather than later.

oskarutd

Got this PM

This guy and konvict will make fine additions to this forum, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Callum Evans, Year 10 has been signed by Manchester United Football Club on a 4 year contract.
Callum moved at half term and trains every day at the prestigious Carrington Road Training Ground
rubbing shoulders with the elite of the football world. This is a fantastic achievement and we look
forward to future appearances in the Premier League!!!

link

It´s all in the googleism.

jeston

Yeah, lost in translation a bit there Oskar. He's not 10 years old, Year 10 = the age group. He's 15 years old (October 95)

oskarutd

Yeah, lost in translation a bit there Oskar. He's not 10 years old, Year 10 = the age group. He's 15 years old (October 95)
Sorry! Good to share, that can do away with misunderstanding! ;-)
Thanks!

Danish Wizard

United play in this tournament again this season.

Match-schedule:
1/6 - 18.30 PSV - United
1/6 - 20.30 United - Liverpool
2/6 - 11.30 United - Marseille
2/6 - 14.30 FA Ghana - United
2/6 - 16.30 United - SV Grol

Anyone with info about the United team taking part in this years Marveld Cup.?

Danish Wizard

1-0 victory against PSV, Demetri Mitchell with the goal.
Then 0-0 against Liverpool.