Marvelous Marvin Hagler dies aged 66

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He was fecking great. I fondly remember my pop & I watching his matches on weekend afternoons in the 80s.

Deery

Dreary
Aw no way man, Hagler was an ATG. Couldn’t have been that old either, bit before my time but have watched his fights on YouTube think I liked him better that sugar ray Leonard tbh...

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I used to think this sort of thing only happened in Rocky films....until I saw this fight. Absolutely amazing.
Just watched that again and if that was the 12th round with them neck and neck on the scorecards that would still be one of the best final rounds.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I used to think this sort of thing only happened in Rocky films....until I saw this fight. Absolutely amazing.
It truly was a renaissance period for the intermediate weight divisions, the 80s. Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, even going as light as Mancini - these cats defined the decade before Tyson.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Tommy Hearns suggesting it was something to do with the after effects of getting the vaccine I really hope this isn’t true.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Damn, he really was a great when there were so many fantastic middleweights. He just didn't have the style and charisma of Sugar Ray so didn't get more in the way of endorsements.

The 80s was the best decade for fighting and middleweight division had so much to offer.