Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColvaleGoa

I really don't know what MM offers on a football pitch. Glad he was a Chelsea Player.

Looks like we are buying another Pogba.

Tiber

Following in the proud tradition of buying Chelsea players for a high price who don't produce as expected.

Jeffthered

He's a v good player. I'm not sure what people are looking for sometimes. This isn't PlayStation. We need another player to rotate alongside Bruno..can also do a job off the No 9.

We need a better squad and Mason Mount would improve our squad. Better than either Fred or McT. Or Martial. Probably Sancho too.

Dorris

Some massively underrating a good player here. He clearly won’t be a ‘Bruno backup’ either, looks like we’ll be playing 2 8’s next season going by this.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Interesting, Ornstein confirming it. 1 year left on his deal for me says 40m max for him. He's good, looks great over the years on fbref and the right age... But to me he always screamed energetic attacking mid. Press resistant deep playmaker who can move with the ball and progress it with passing is what we need, help us dominate the game. Is that him? I never saw him as that, but I'd guess ten hag would try to make him that.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In the 21-22 season he had 11 goals and 10 assists for Chelsea in the league. I just think that he is 24,English and is pretty good technically so will be pretty useful for us

Yorke to Cole

If David Ornstein has reported this, which he has, then this is game over. It is probably 75% done.

He has already told Chelsea, Lampard and Boehly he has little interest in staying. He has told other clubs, his "preference" is to join us. United obviously already know this. Yes, the ownership issue still hangs over us, but football industry being what it is, Mount''s representatives have probably reassured that this is close to being resolved.

In fact Mason Mount is probably looking for somewhere to live as we speak. He will have farewell at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

DevilRed

I can see why they think he would be a decent signing. Young english player who has had one poor season, but previously looked pretty good. Premier league proven. A workhorse who can press all day.

Looks bang average though. Not much more than a squad/rotation signing if we're going to challenge for top honours. But having said that, you look at the depth that city have and you just need (young) bodies in midfield. We've got to replace the likes of Fred and McTominay with better players. Ones that fit ETH's vision of pressing.

Its also mental to think we can continue playing Bruno the same insane number of minutes each year and not see him break down eventually.

RyRoc

He’s not a bad player but a. Price far too high especially given he has 1 year left on his contract and b. A Casemeiro - Bruno - Mount trio will not have sufficient technical ability on the ball imo.

Dazzmondo

Some massively underrating a good player here. He clearly won’t be a ‘Bruno backup’ either, looks like we’ll be playing 2 8’s next season going by this.
We kinda were when Eriksen was in the team anyway

DevilRed

Lets hope this is only one of the many signings we will be making.

Just an appetizer so to speak...

If we pay anything more than 35m to boehly, I'd be fecking pissed off though.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He’s a good player, but I would think this only makes sense if the price is right.

Does he occupy the same space as Bruno, or will he be replacing the likes of Eriksen mainly?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I love the people who come in and try to defend this. This would be an absolutely horrible move for the money quoted. No justification will be accepted.

J2J

This guy and Bruno in the midfield together is an insane amount of work rate, plus probably 30/40 goal contributions between them. Just not sure about how good he is at retaining possession + the price we’ll have to pay for him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rather shit in my hands and clap

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Well if mount choose United then you will be very lucky. He can score goals have very good in 1-2 passing and move on type player.

Tactically one of the best players for managers to trust him in the field. Surely he will elevate your overall structural discipline into another level.

It's sad he wanted to move on.

HarryP

I think often the quality of a signing is inversely proportional to the levels of excitement about him on the Caf thread and vice versa. This is one of those times.

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
Hope you get him.

You could do with less creativity and more shot spamming in the final third.

gajender

Well if mount choose United then you will be very lucky. He can score goals have very good in 1-2 passing and move on type player.

Tactically one of the best players for managers to trust him in the field. Surely he will elevate your overall structural discipline into another level.

It's sad he wanted to move on.
What's his best position , is he press resistant and capable of playing deeper ?

Irrational.

One of the most overrated players in the league, just because he’s English. Doesn’t excel in anything. If he was any other nationality he’d be worth £20 million tops.

DevilRed

I guess thats sabitzer not coming then.

Probably need to finally get rid of Fred too if we're bringing in De Jong next ;)

Rolaholic

Kudus for 40m would be better value if this is the sort of profile we're looking at this summer

Telsim

Rabiot and Mason Mount. The players we are looking at to fix our midfield.

Deary me, how did it come to this? I genuinely cannot be more underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.