Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

feck off Chelsea. Call their bluff and walk away and buy Caicedo. Sign Mount on a pre-contract agreement in January. They were already pushing it making us bid over £50m.

We should move on to prove a point to those cnuts but also to show us as not willing to have our pants pulled down any longer.

flappyjay

Not walking away now will affect our negotiations for a keeper and a striker and increase the budget by 30m.
Walking away now also sets a tone for the teams which we will try to buy a striker and a keeper from. We can't get swindled window after window. Don't our people have any pride.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hold our nerve, leave the offer for a week & then move onto other targets. For once, don’t overpay.

croadyman

I truly hope we walk away and make this as an example with so much publicity attached, this should strengthen our negotiation position going forward.
Yeah will make us look like absolute pushover for any future negotiations

Ekeke

Define a lot stronger.

We're not going to score 90 goals and win the title next season. That's very unlikely. But we'll be stronger defensively, score more goals and create more while also being more tenacious and press more effectively, forcing the opponents to tire quicker.
So yes, I think we're going to be stronger.
Because of Mount alone?

I dont know that he's that much better defensively than Bruno, which is the position he will occupy (AM) likely with Bruno continuing to play from wide like he did well plenty of times this season. Essentially he'll be replacing DVB and Sabitzer's minutes/deployment. Fred had some matches where he was higher up than his normal DM position so he'd take that too. And I'm sure he'll do better than them. But £60 million better? Not sure

van Nistelrooy

Walk away! Let's see Chelsea sweat when not a single other club put in a bid and they face losing him on a free.

I sincerely hope we don't place a higher bid as the reaction here alone is enough to gather a general view on the deal. He'll be judged against a highly inflated transfer fee for his entire time here.

Balljy

Sabitzer has gone and Eriksen is getting on and will need replacing soon anyway. I expect Mount will play just in front of Casemiro and will be way more mobile and is a lot younger than Eriksen. If we can get him for the final offer it makes a lot of sense. We don't want to overpay, but having him as the first choice and playing Eriksen sparingly will make help us next season.

He won't play purely an AM, but will have attacking responsibilities.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We could use that money to sign an alternative, and sign a pre-contract with Mount in 5 months time. We need to walk away here, and if Chelsea some back to us in august we’ll offer them 45.

Reactions: Fortitude

saivet

Agreed, this is a good opportunity to move on and let other clubs we are negotiating with in the future know that we aren't afraid to walk if we feel like we are getting take advantage of. Time to restore United's reputation as shrewd negotiators.
Slightly different as we weren't publicly bidding for him but we baulked at the asking price for Antony early in the window and then came back towards the end of the window meeting their price.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'd like to think signing Havertz fecked United getting Mount wether that's true or not :drool:

Kammy26

Someone needs to control ETH, he gets invested in players and then doesn’t stop until he gets them, no matter how overpriced they are. Look at Antony.

ETH should just stick to coaching and leave the recruiting to someone else like he did at Ajax. He’s gonna set us back years, if he is allowed free rein at transfers for his full tenure.

A f blind man can see we need a striker, GK and a 6 as priority and he’s blowing most of our supposed budget on Mason f mount. Who’s best position is Bruno’s best position

Zora

Walk away Utd. feck Chelsea and feck the Glazers.

We need a proper negotiating team under new owners. Every club knows we will just pay the asking price in the end.

He’s not a £60m player - football has gone mad.

SAFMUTD

60M was already a lot for a player that comes from an awful season and only 1 year left on his contract. Hopefully we keep our word and let him go.

croadyman

Forgetting about Mount for a minute (we won't) which do you think Erik's system needs more out of

Mobile strong 8
Press resistant playmaker 8

Maybe you feel we need both which is also a valid answer as well

-Supreme-

Bring Kane and Mount for free next summer and save ourselves £150m+

Fvck Chelsea and Levy, time to show who the boss is.

zaafi

Because of Mount alone?

I dont know that he's that much better defensively than Bruno, which is the position he will occupy (AM) likely with Bruno continuing to play from wide like he did well plenty of times this season. Essentially he'll be replacing DVB and Sabitzer's minutes/deployment. Fred had some matches where he was higher up than his normal DM position so he'd take that too. And I'm sure he'll do better than them. But £60 million better? Not sure
I can't possibly imagine he'll replace any other player than Eriksen. He can barely run anymore and is absolutely finished around the 60th minute mark. We're not going into next season with Eriksen as a starter.

manutddjw

We’ve already offered too much. Knowing how this club works, we’ll pay it with us getting Chelsea to agree to use the phrase “undisclosed fee” but we’ll all know the truth.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Sabitzer has gone and Eriksen is getting on and will need replacing soon anyway. I expect Mount will play just in front of Casemiro and will be way more mobile and is a lot younger than Eriksen. If we can get him for the final offer it makes a lot of sense. We don't want to overpay, but having him as the first choice and playing Eriksen sparingly will make help us next season.

He won't play purely an AM, but will have attacking responsibilities.
We couldn’t, they rejected it

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Wonder if any other clubs will go anywhere near our last offer, let alone what Chelsea are demanding?

Zoo

Unless we get him for this £55m fee now, we come out looking weaker and give the message to other clubs that we'll meet their demands eventually.

If Mount is the profile of midfielder EtH would like, he shouldn't be the only name on the list. Stand firm, lose out on someone but gain some credibility and negotiating leverage for future transfers.
Yeah agree but the way United briefed that this was their final offer was weird so now we can only hope they stick to it. It’s just that by all accounts Mount is determined to leave so don’t see what Chelsea are really achieving here

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ben Jacobs reckons United won’t walk away.

Dannn411

[/QUOTE]
They better walk away. Can't brief that its the final offer and then cave. We'd never be able to sign anyone for good value again. Everybody will have a "Manchester United price" and a "Other teams price." It would be so embarrassing.

joso157

Need to walk away from this, they essentially want the same deal they got for Havertz when he had two years on his contract! Mount isn't gonna sign a new deal so they are only screwing themselves as he'll be leaving for free at the end of next season, whether its to us or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.