Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Enzo has to show he can handle English football first though. Man gets bypassed in every game he plays. You can’t be a passenger off the ball, or aren’t able to cover ground, when you want to be competing near the top of the table
You and I watched very different performances than last year. He controlled every game for Chelsea, they just had absolute crap around him and 0 structure. It's like if you stuck Toni Kroos in a team with McFred and told him he was playing DM. And Caicedo offers the athleticism that Enzo lacks a bit.

skilzzz

Its a signing I guess, but not amazingly over-the-moon about it. Decent enough player on his day.
He's not exactly someone you see on the Chelsea teamsheet, and think "sh*t, Mount's playing, gonna have to keep him quiet!"

Hope he proves the doubters wrong and settles in to the team and improves our midfield balance.

Time will tell.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
What a bunch of absolute fannies, claiming we're buying Chelsea Caicedo. :lol:

The Saudis have chucked £16m at them for Mendy and another £17m for Koulibaly, Arsenal chucked £65m for Havertz and City £30m for Kovacic but apparently only our money counts towards that potential signing. fecking bedwetters.
Another 5M on top of the previous 50m +5m offer probably has no effect on Chelsea's pursuit on Caicedo.

Tiber

Chelsea can always count on United to pay big money for a midfielder they arent fussed on keeping anymore

CallyRed

"Ma-son Greenwood's Mount's dynamite,

"He scores them with his left foot and he scores them with his right."

spiriticon

Well, the fee wasn't too bad in the end and I'm really thankful this hasn't dragged on all summer.

We better still sign a striker though.

Redrum1982

This is as bad a signing as we could have made. Offers absolutely nothing in terms of what we needed to address given the gaping chasms that exist in the team and we've blown 55m on him. Yet another player we'll struggle to shift down the line.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Real power move would be dropping £80m on Caicedo also
Having some money left for a keeper and a striker might be a little bit more prudent than using the budget to wave our massive dicks in Chelsea's faces.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
55 + 5 for a lad in the final year of his deal and coming off of his worst season. You do you, Murtough the chief clown of negotiations.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Good deal, people will always moan
Yeah but we're not going to buy Caicedo now. It doesn't matter if he's a completely different player to Mount and would mean a change in the tactics Ten Hag seems to be planning for next season but "Caicedo, Caicedo, Caicedo" like a broken fecking record.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If Rice is worth £100 million on the open market, then this lad is worth that much too.

He is the same age and has had a much more accomplished career thus far. Two times POTY and CL winner with one of the worlds biggest clubs.

It’s a great piece of business in comparison and adds real quality and tactical flexibility to our midfield.

Even if we just add Onana and a striker now, we are a completely different proposition next season.

Hester_manc

Not the player I wanted for United, and not the type of player I think we miss the most. But I wish all the best for him in his time here at United.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s going to be surreal him being in a United shirt. Always saw him as mr chelsea.
So did I bro. I had him down as our next captain. Sad day today.

When I'm done grieving, I'll be praying for his downfall.

cyberman

You and I watched very different performances than last year. He controlled every game for Chelsea, they just had absolute crap around him and 0 structure. It's like if you stuck Toni Kroos in a team with McFred and told him he was playing DM. And Caicedo offers the athleticism that Enzo lacks a bit.
There’s a stat that he gets dribbled past more than any other player in the league and he only joined in January. I think it’s an average of two a game.
It’s understandable, for some reason Chelsea played him more or less as a DM but those shocking off the ball performances were there. If we could criticise Pogba over the same thing then Enzo doesn’t get a pass.
I’ll also argue against this controlling game nonsense. Chelsea didn’t control a fecking thing for a good 2/3 of last season. Second best in every department

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
55 + 5 for a lad in the final year of his deal and coming off of his worst season. You do you, Murtough the chief clown of negotiations.
Based on those metrics in a season where Chelsea were in turmoil (more than there usual chaotic self) and where he was injured, what do you consider a decent fee for a player who is a consistent high performer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You just quoted 3 transfers that have nothing to do with each other? Bruno was coming off 2 seasons of disgustingly good production, Chelsea bent Arsenal over for that Havertz fee and everyone is laughing at it, and what does relegation have to do with Maddison's quality? He's produced quite well for Leicester in recent years, 40m is a solid fee for that.
Bruno did that in Portugal. Same position, younger than Bruno and PL proven - Mount has had high productive couple of seasons with Chelsea . Are you saying its not comparable ?

The Arsenal and Maddison fees were brought on to compare the going rates of transfers. 40m is the minimum rate going these days.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Any Chelsea fan I've spoken to is very annoyed this is happening. Ten Hag really wanted him. I'm happy with this.

prateik

Being annoyed over the fees , especially when its just a few million, is funny.

No one here knows that payment structure we had proposed when we offered 50+5 .. the number of instalments or what those add ons were.
No one knows the structure of the bid that is reportedly accepted.. 55+5..

We don't know the number of instalments or how its spread.. we also don't know how easy / difficult the 2 add ons proposed are to trigger.

Discussing the player is one thing.. being upset about the transfer fee being 55+5 and not 50+5 is hilarious.

flappyjay

Good signing I feel. Think he fits ten hags profile of a no 8 very well. Technically good,busy, good presser, gets goals and assists. Good age aswell, PL experience coming from a big club like Chelsea aswell means there shouldn't be any big surprises for him, should settle quickly.
He will surprised to find that our gym equipment is apparently older than him.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Not the most pressing need but I think this is a very good deal for the money involved. Maddison would be more flashy but Mount provides greater versatility, is better off the ball and has the sort of top-end experience that matters going to a club like United. Can't see a world where he doesn't end up proving to be a good signing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
McTominay is not fine. He's not even a DM.
McTominay and Eriksen had a good chunk of very decent games together. We are talking about being backup for arguably the best DM in the world who plays almost every game. You aren't getting a top player. Your best hope is someone home grown. I agree he's not really a DM, but functionally to be a strong, energetic ball winner next to Eriksen he's as close as we have, so that's why he'll stay unless we can sign someone to be casemiro's backup... Which seems unlikely.

It's not a big deal to have McTominay as a backup player. People overreact because of ptsd of him playing every game. It's not the case anymore.

rajds89

Not the signing I thought we’d make this summer, not the one we needed but ETH seemed to really want him so we’ll see how it goes I guess.

bosskeano

lord what i wouldn't give for another Michael Carrick in this squad....

Mount is technically very good. he can play the 8 or he can play as an attacking inside forward if EtH decides to play 3421...

we need depth and quality...he brings both. he's better than fred, scott or eriksen.

space

How disappointing - such an average player, £55M too. Insane. I have faith in ETH but I just do not see how Mount fixes any of the glaring issues we had last season: a lack of a striker, a midfield partner for Casemiro or the goalkeeper. I thought that with us finally getting UCL we may be able to get the best up and coming players in the world in those positions.. but whatever. I hope Mount proves me wrong and he shines.

Dazzmondo

How creative is he? Is he like Bruno creative wise? I know he’s like Bruno as in a workhorse. Works hard
He's not as creative as Bruno but pretty much no one other than KDB is. He's still quite creative though.

gajender

Wasn't enthused initially when we were linked with Mount but now fully onboard I believe he would surprise lot of people and prove naysayers wrong .

Welcome to Theatre of Dream Mason .

Fooza

I'll be happy with this signing if we sign Caicedo and a top striker

can't see it, but let's see

OsloRed

But....but ....but we're United and we don't sign anyone....ever ....

...why are we spending so much on a player that only has one year left on his contract....

....why do we relent and spend more money all the time....

...he's not even that good ....

....do we even need a proven premiership player, a champions league winner and Chelsea's ex player of the season...

Am just getting in there early before the obligatory meltdown of the miserable crew.
You were way too late for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.