Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveskimufc

On sky sports now, is what annoys me about any transfer involving us.

Sky sports headline "man utd agree £60m deal" when we know it's no better 55 + 5

But go back a few weeks with the Mac allister transfer it's reported as £35m fee agreed (but may rise to £55m with add ons)

Why the double standards, why the need to continuously make it look like we've been mugged off

BuzzKillington

What a bunch of absolute fannies, claiming we're buying Chelsea Caicedo. :lol:

The Saudis have chucked £16m at them for Mendy and another £17m for Koulibaly, Arsenal chucked £65m for Havertz and City £30m for Kovacic but apparently only our money counts towards that potential signing. fecking bedwetters.
:lol:

Matthew84!

So underwhelming.

£60m for Mason bl***dy Mount.

We fought tooth and nail this year for Champions League football so we could spend more and attract a higher tier of player.

Instead we are working with a limited budget and Mason Mount is who we blow a large chunk of it on.

Sorry if i sound like a party pooper, just really not happy with the direction this window is going.

Hope the club sale is wrapped up soon for all our sakes.
Fans like this need to take a hike, go support a different team, stop bringing everyone down. The manager got the player he wanted, he is the manager, not you.

Strelok

I think it doesn't help that we don't really know how EtH plans to deploy him. If we needed a 10 I would be annoyed at the price but happy at the signing. Right now all I am hoping for is that ETH's plan works out. Wijnaldum was a 10 who klopp used as an 8, you never know.
I don't know about next season but last season when we have both Eriksen and Bruno we usually attack with two #10. Shaw or Dalot will move into the midfield to help Casemiro. Martinez or Varane will move a bit from their central position to the rear to cover Shaw/Dalot. The idea is to create overloads and numerical superiority I think.

Eriksen's legs were pretty gone last season especially after his injury so Mount would replace him in the first XI I think.

Heardy

How’s this gonna work then?

Mount next to Casemiro with Bruno as a 10 behind a new striker/Rashford and depending on striker Rashford/garnacho on left and Antony/Sancho on the right?

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
If Rice is worth £100 million on the open market, then this lad is worth that much too.

He is the same age and has had a much more accomplished career thus far. Two times POTY and CL winner with one of the worlds biggest clubs.

It’s a great piece of business in comparison and adds real quality and tactical flexibility to our midfield.

Even if we just add Onana and a striker now, we are a completely different proposition next season.
Even if the ages are the same and yes Mount is a CL winner he really isn’t worth the same as Rice for a couple of reasons such as time left on contract and last seasons form.

Mount May well flourish at Man Utd but I personally can see why Rices value is higher

Blood Mage

Classic Glazer era United transfer and hopefully the last one of this kind we do. Pathetic how we let clubs bend us over.

Alemar

With Mount on board, our strongest midfield will likely be Casemiro - Mount - Bruno, looks quite balanced. But bench options are still not up to par

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The only issue that I have noticed with him is that when he is out of a game, he is completely out. Silent Domination type of out. That's my only worry, I don't know if it was his fault when it happened with England or Chelsea.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
So underwhelming.

£60m for Mason bl***dy Mount.

We fought tooth and nail this year for Champions League football so we could spend more and attract a higher tier of player.

Instead we are working with a limited budget and Mason Mount is who we blow a large chunk of it on.

Sorry if i sound like a party pooper, just really not happy with the direction this window is going.

Hope the club sale is wrapped up soon for all our sakes.
:lol:

So dramatic.

Malone_Post

Fans like this need to take a hike, go support a different team, stop bringing everyone down. The manager got the player he wanted, he is the manager, not you.
Posts like this are so ridiculous.

We might as well just shut the forum down if we’re not allowed to have a different opinion from the manager.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Not a move that's got me jumping for joy necessarily, however I'm very excited to watch us without the defensive double pivot which is something I would only want to see if it was Frenkie next to Casemiro. Curious how Mount and Bruno will work together, I got faith in our baldy.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Such a 'meh' signing. Not the type of midfielder we needed. Mediocre level of ability. If this is our top target, I'm appalled. Begs the question what in the world our scouting department are employed for, if PL players and those that have worked with Ten Haag in the past appear to be our chief targets.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Any Chelsea fan I've spoken to is very annoyed this is happening. Ten Hag really wanted him. I'm happy with this.
Odd that I certainly aren’t too disappointed and having spoken to three of the group I travel to games with not one was fussed either way

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If Rice is worth £100 million on the open market, then this lad is worth that much too.

He is the same age and has had a much more accomplished career thus far. Two times POTY and CL winner with one of the worlds biggest clubs.

It’s a great piece of business in comparison and adds real quality and tactical flexibility to our midfield.

Even if we just add Onana and a striker now, we are a completely different proposition next season.
A hundred percent this.

He is easily an £80-100m player, let's not forget Sterling went for a similar price to Mount with a year left on his contract, and Mount is younger.

Could be a very shrewd buy,

Giggsy13

£50-60m. Paid £15m more than we should have considering Kovacic who imo is a better player, went to city for £25m. Is what it is. At least he's 24 and should fit what EtH wants to do.
Except Kovacic is 4 years older and injury prone the last 3 seasons. At this stage Mount is by far the superior player. There’s a reason why Liverpool were also after him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Overly critical folk on here. Certainly not my number one pick, but I feel he’ll be perfect for what Ten Hagg wants to do here.

We finally get another mobile, creative threat in midfield bar Bruno.

Yakuza_devils

Chelsea always seem doing very well on offloading unwanted players. Man Utd is the exact opposite. Our dear Murtough still can't get rid of the absolute deadwood VDB, Maguire, Henderson.

We can also be looking at selling McT, Fred, Sancho.

redcucumber

He needs to support a different team because he's underwhelmed by this signing/our window so far? It's funny seeing the determinedly positive lot push the hysteria dial the other way.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The only issue that I have noticed with him is that when he is out of a game, he is competely out. Silent Domination type of out. That's my only worry, I don't know if it was his fault when it happened with England or Chelsea.
I have to say he used to get a lot of my ire when England lacked creativity, as he was the most attacking out of our midfielders or was played as a wide attacker. That being said, I think Southgate is a boring and negative coach, so I think in a more forward thinking set up, that won't fall solely on him.

big_jeffstar

I wouldn’t say I’m angry about this signing like some on here, I just feel really indifferent about it, I’ve never seen him have a great game, so it feels like we’ve just signed an average Chelsea player.. another busy body in midfield.
when do we start addressing the”actual” problems? Where are the goals coming from? What’s happening with De Gea? Are we going to persist with the black hole of attack that is Wan Bissaka and Dalot?
Are we relying on Casemiro again?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Classic Glazer era United transfer and hopefully the last one of this kind we do. Pathetic how we let clubs bend us over.
They really bent us over for £5m add ons unlikely to be achieved

Idxomer

It doesn't seem like we ever go for players out of the box, someone like Le Fee might be a higher risk but would likely have a much higher ceiling than Mount.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
as I suspected, just restructured which money is paid when... not sure if I'm happy or not ha ha. Glad ETH got his man in time for the tour

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Mount is a pressing bot, will suit ETH system. End product can be a bit limited.

Fee isn't too ridiculous given the English tax, I mean you'll paid 80 for Maguire.

Robertd0803

Glad to see this over the line. Probably in a minority but Im excited to see what EtHs plan is for him. Must be something there if Klopp/Tuchel both wanted him as well but what do top class trophy winning coaches know?

Didnt really think we were in for Caicedo anyway and that it was just really transparent game playing but whatever.

I wonder if Levy looks back next summer when Harry Kane leaves on a free should he have just copped on and done what Chelsea did here and cash in and been better off for it. (Yes Im aware Kane are Mount are different prospects on the pitch impact wise.)

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Overly critical folk on here. Certainly not my number one pick, but I feel he’ll be perfect for what Ten Hagg wants to do here.

We finally get another mobile, creative threat in midfield bar Bruno.
100%. People are behaving like we've signed William Prunier 2.0. Mount may not be the hipster choice or on many people's list of summer signings, but ETH clears wanted him as his priority and I think he'll add a lot to our midfield.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He's not as creative as Bruno but pretty much no one other than KDB is. He's still quite creative though.
If he’s an upgrade on Eriksen then it should be good. We’d have a midfield of Casemiro, Mount and Bruno. Plenty of energy in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.