Mason Mount's Misfortune

Big Andy

Bloke
This whole thread i fecking pathetic, never known a fanbase to actively hate on their own players so much. Bruno, Rashford, Mount, McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Maguire - List goes on.

Hatred for Mount doesn’t stop and he hasn’t even fecking played for MONTHS.

Just keep rehashing the same old tired arguments from the summer. “Oh he was expensive, oh what does he do, oh he doesn’t fit into the team, oh we could have got him for free, oh he should be sold, oh he’s average, oh we didn’t get even need him”

feck me, the same conversations been going on for months, even worse that the lad isn’t even playing and he still gets dunked on. Christ.
Nail in the coffin when he missed that open goal in pre season.

Our fans (online ones anyway) are quick to make their mind up and once it’s made they won’t change it.

give the lad a chance ffs, his career at United has barely got going.

Laurencio

At this point he's becoming a legend for not playing, a man so ingrained in the club that he is permanently on the physio table. Whispers about just how good he could become. We had to replace what Phil Jones brought to the team, I suppose.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I would like it to be on record I genuinely think Mount will be a very good player for us once’s he’s not missing.

Maybe mid March? Might make Manchester’s monumental midfield mess more manageable?

stevoc

This whole thread i fecking pathetic, never known a fanbase to actively hate on their own players so much. Bruno, Rashford, Mount, McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Maguire - List goes on.

Just keep rehashing the same old tired arguments from the summer. “Oh he was expensive, oh what does he do, oh he doesn’t fit into the team, oh we could have got him for free, oh he should be sold, oh he’s average, oh we didn’t get even need him”

feck me, the same conversations been going on for months, even worse that the lad isn’t even playing and he still gets dunked on. Christ.
Many, many more Mason Mount moaning messages may manifest monthly.

Laurencio

I would like it to be on record I genuinely think Mount will be a very good player for us once’s he’s not missing.

Maybe mid March? Might make Manchester’s monumental midfield mess more manageable?
Mason Mount's Much Maligned Midfield Misery Mooted, made Mason Mount's Magnificently Marvelous Manchester's Midfield Miracle

Bondi77

Looking forward to him being fit and strutting his stuff in the Premier League....will be like a new signing!

BarryWinks

I really don't get this thread. Are people moaning because he's shite or because he's injured?

I remember during the summer window, most were mourning because they thought he was mid. No one moaned that he's a crock, now the narrative seems to have changed to he's shite and a crock.

To be clear I don't even rate Mount that highly. I
just don't get why we can't wait for him to perform before judging him.
What's worse than a player being 'mid'?

Yes, a perpetually unavailable player.

astracrazy

Hates a bit strong, at least for 99% of posters. But you have listed players who aren't/weren't good enough or haven't got/didn't have the right attitude to be here, so it is hardly surprising the fan criticism that is thrown their way.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The rehashing needs to stop but only because there's nothing to argue, they're all true.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Hates a bit strong, at least for 99% of posters. But you have listed players who aren't/weren't good enough or haven't got/didn't have the right attitude to be here, so it is hardly surprising the fan criticism that is thrown their way.
“All Rashford needs to do is show fight and run around more. Show some passion”

McTominay & Fred say hi.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Mount, Malacia, Martinez & Martial

Utd should never sign another M surnamed player ever again!
It’s a mixed bag when it comes to alliterative players too…or just gets progressively worse.

Dion Dublin
Paul Parker
Victor Valdes
Wayne Wooney
Paul Pogba
Mason Mount

yeti

ok so why did Ten Hag buy him and for what position? is he just cover/competition for central or right midfield? maybe its to take over from Bruno whos getting on a bit . I've no idea

Chumpsbechumps

ok so why did Ten Hag buy him and for what position? is he just cover/competition for central or right midfield? maybe its to take over from Bruno whos getting on a bit . I've no idea
I think it’s safe to say at this stage , if something is not working and we don’t really know for sure why, the best thing to do is imagine what is the worst possible reason a decision was made and presume it was entirely the managers fault. Seems to be the goto thing in the CAF mains, I mean he’s probably gonna be gone soon enough so it makes sense for us to all believe that he was our problem all along.

yeti

I think it’s safe to say at this stage , if something is not working and we don’t really know for sure why, the best thing to do is imagine what is the worst possible reason a decision was made and presume it was entirely the managers fault. Seems to be the goto thing in the CAF mains, I mean he’s probably gonna be gone soon enough so it makes sense for us to all believe that he was our problem all along.
mate recruitment has been dog shit

ThinkTank@Cafe

----------------Mee--------------
Murray-Maguire-Martinez-Malacia
--Mainoo--------------Mejbri
_________Mount_______
McNeil--Martial---Marcus

Donut

It’s just bizzare how we don’t even know what’s going on and when he’ll be back. Same goes for Malacia.

soapythecat

Does anyone follow this crock on social media? Has he given any indication on there or posted training videos? Whilst I feel sorry for him, you can't help injuries, I do feel that his acceptance amongst United fans and getting back into the team could be too much for him given his wages and transfer fee. He could end up being one of these super flops.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
This is genuinely a rumour doing the rounds at the moment, a clear joke that blew up.
i heard this too and some even said this explains Rashfords sadness/form as they were (are) besties.

Next thing we will be calling him Elvis , with loads of random sighting in the Trafford Centre.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Wonder how many games we can expect him to play a part in. Surely won't return to the team until after the international break. Then with how we're playing it's difficult to introduce him into the team.

Cloud7

Finally! Though I do expect it will take some time for him to get up to speed anyway, hopefully he can be available for at least the last 6 or 7 games to start building something.

I really would like to see him in the team in place of Bruno, though I have no idea how likely that is to happen.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wonder how many games we can expect him to play a part in. Surely won't return to the team until after the international break. Then with how we're playing it's difficult to introduce him into the team.
We get a good amount of injuries so I think he'll get minutes somewhere

Cloud7

I would say it's the opposite. With our football these days largely being crap, bringing him into the team is like a free hit. It'll be seen as trying something new, and realistically it can hardly get worse.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I would say it's the opposite. With our football these days largely being crap, bringing him into the team is like a free hit. It'll be seen as trying something new, and realistically it can hardly get worse.
We get a good amount of injuries so I think he'll get minutes somewhere
I would be tempted to play him in the front three, probably from the left with Rashford dropped to the bench. I don't think he will displace any of Mainoo, Casemiro, or Bruno over the next ten games - unless the games become dead rubbers

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I would be tempted to play him in the front three, probably from the left with Rashford dropped to the bench. I don't think he will displace any of Mainoo, Casemiro, or Bruno over the next ten games - unless the games become dead rubbers
I'd rather he go on the right as Garnacho seems better on the left if we drop Rashford.

GlasgowRedz

Would expect with the number of players missing and the number of youngsters we have had on the bench recently that he will be in the matchday squad this weekend, even if he doesn't get off the bench.

UpWithRivers

Bruno will play RW