g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mason Mount's Misfortune

ForceKing90

Doesn't seem right to me, should have been Amad or Garnacho.

Mount should have taken the vacant 13 or 15 number.

OrcaFat

He will run until he pukes to be worthy of that shirt. I don’t think we’ll regret it.

ForceKing90

Wow! Didnt know Mount scored 58 and assisted nearly as much in such as small space of time and particularly, from a midfield position.

pogbasformerbarber

To be fair, if a number on the back of a shirt is "too much" for a player to handle, then they don't deserve to be a professional footballer. If they're actively thinking during a game "Shit, I'm wearing the number 7" then they should be sacked for being a cnut.
That’s pretty much my point…

romufc

Why so much negativity? The games last season we lost, was alot down to application and being outfought. Mount brings energy and tenacity which we need in midfield.
If Ten Hag wanted him, I back him.

RuudTom83

The short vid of him chatting with EtH...aww i've missed the heh heh after every sentence.

Glad United are backing EtH and giving him the team he wants.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Maybe this makes me less of a United fan or something but I stopped giving a shit about how mythical the no.7 is. We ve probably had more disappointment wearing that number than not so hopefully Mason can break the mold. I'm sure Mason is very much aware of the expectations of the number regardless, so let's hope this means he is up for it.

NewDawnFades

Quite funny that he got number seven, properly laughed seeing it at first because you just know it will wind up all the worst people. It’s not exactly inspiring in what was already set up to be a bad window. On the other hand it is fun when Ten Hag clearly doesn’t give a hoot about optics and just makes big decisions based entirely on what he thinks is going to lead to the best outcome.

It’s really not any worse than when Michael Owen got it.

Jeffthered

Good player to get at Man utd, and ETH and the coaching staff will work with him. The No 7 shirt suggests that he has been bought to play, so I would see this as seeing Bruno maybe in a more fluid, outside forward role, as he played a few times last season, because I still see Eriksen playing, as he should.

This all places an emphasis our right back (who will need to get forward...) and getting that No 9 in.

Hope we can get other targets, and also, I hope we can get some sqaud players moved on. It's interesting right, big expensive players across Europe, not happy at their clubs and no one wants to buy them (and pay their extortionate wages..).. Mbappe, Neymar... to Maguire, Martial, Sancho... sure there's a few more.

Denis79

I'm looking forward to see him play, I think he'll do well for us.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I thought the shirt was earmarked by Garnacho... oh well, we could always have given it to Maguire or WW :devil:

Jacob

I too trust EtH with this signing. He doesn't have to be world class, we are gradually building strength in depth.

Kaos

We've gone from McFred to a midfield of Bruno-Mount-Casemiro, with a player of Eriksen's quality as an option off the bench. That's quite the turnaround.

Chairman Steve

You can tell ETH is happy with him, because the frequency of heh is relatively high as he talks to him.

mu4c_20le

Quite funny that he got number seven, properly laughed seeing it at first because you just know it will wind up all the worst people. It’s not exactly inspiring in what was already set up to be a bad window. On the other hand it is fun when Ten Hag clearly doesn’t give a hoot about optics and just makes big decisions based entirely on what he thinks is going to lead to the best outcome.

It’s really not any worse than when Michael Owen got it.
Yeah but that was because it wound up the scousers, and we were still title favourites back then

Rockets Redglare

Doesn't seem right to me, should have been Amad or Garnacho.

Mount should have taken the vacant 13 or 15 number.
Yes let’s give it to a one of our young players who have a combined total of less than 25 premier league appearances.

colombianmancunian

Welcome Mason. Hope you become an important player for us.

I’m surprised he took 7, but at the end of the day it’s just a number. Hopefully a midfield player does right with it, unlike the many wide players that flopped using it.

Cloud7

We've not had a successful player in the 7 shirt since Ronaldo 1.0 and he left in 09. There's really no point in fussing over who gets it at this point.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Them cargo pants are far too baggy. For that alone, he should be stripped of the no7.

PoTMS

Still not convinced by him but his stats the season before last were good so hopefully he comes good.

Rake

Welcome! Time to prove the doubters wrong!

Giving him number 7 was masterstroke. In one swift move they managed to outrage his haters even more :)

OrcaFat

Good player to get at Man utd, and ETH and the coaching staff will work with him. The No 7 shirt suggests that he has been bought to play, so I would see this as seeing Bruno maybe in a more fluid, outside forward role, as he played a few times last season, because I still see Eriksen playing, as he should.

This all places an emphasis our right back (who will need to get forward...) and getting that No 9 in.

Hope we can get other targets, and also, I hope we can get some sqaud players moved on. It's interesting right, big expensive players across Europe, not happy at their clubs and no one wants to buy them (and pay their extortionate wages..).. Mbappe, Neymar... to Maguire, Martial, Sancho... sure there's a few more.
Regarding Bruno, I don’t think it will pan out that way at all.

Eriksen will not start many games imo.

Bruno might have the odd game on the right but, in the past, that’s usually been when we needed extra bodies in midfield which will be a rare situation with Mount in there. For the most part Bruno will carry on in his best position, 8/10 hybrid. Eriksen will get minutes but not many starts.

Jeffthered

Regarding Bruno, I don’t think it will pan out that way at all.

Eriksen will not start many games imo.

Bruno might have the odd game on the right but, in the past, that’s usually been when we needed extra bodies in midfield which will be a rare situation with Mount in there. For the most part Bruno will carry on in his best position, 8/10 hybrid. Eriksen will get minutes but not many starts.
I would be very surprised by this. Mason Mount does not play the same way Eriksen does, so I cannot see that. Eriksen is a passer, our best passer, and can set the tempo of a game. Additionally, with his recent health issues, i would be surprised, very, very surprised, that he would accept this stage of his career being played from the bench. Eriksen would start for many very, very good football clubs. Remember last season, he was brutally injured, and came back when the whole team was flagging.

Some of us are far, far too quick to write off players. Eriksen is quality and will compliment an attacking midfielder such as Mount. I would prefer to see Bruno, Mount, Ericksen, Casimero play, espcially at home... the other players like Rashford, No 9, full backs would love that.