Mason Mount's Misfortune

Newtonius

Number 7 what the f... Why!? Yeah so what its lost its luster but Garnacho is both the right profile and the right potential.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Weirdos caring about the number 7. The last time it meant anything or had any gravitas attached to it was almost 15 years ago at this point. Get over it.
It’s incredible how people care so much about a fecking number

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
To be fair I don't think you have to be a world class orator to make a genuine message to the supporters. Just speak from the heart. Nobody cares if you say a sub optimal word or stutter a little, in fact it would look more genuine than that robotic effort.
I said yesterday after watching it that it came across a bit cold and emotionless.

Erics_Collar

Thankfully Garnacho signed a new contract.

Strikes me as the type who would throw a strop at this, given his campaign to get the #7.

I wonder if the club disapproved of his campaign and this is a way of keeping him in check. ETH has been critical of his attitude in the past.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
That video of him with blonde hair reading off a prepared statement written by his PR team is a disgrace :lol: . Saying nothing would have been better.
a real chelsea fan would want the best for him and wish he goes on to finish top four this year, at the expense of his old club.

nangis

Surprised that Mount getting the number 7 shirt. What an awful and confusing decision!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
look at all of you, making a mount out of a molehill.

tomaldinho1

Id love to hear how you got to this conclusion.
Surely it's not that far fetched to see Mount will start ahead of him. So LW we have Rashford, Garnacho, Mount ahead of him in the pecking order, RW Antony, Mount and probably Bruno in honesty ahead of him, 10 Bruno, Mount definitely ahead of him. We can't have a sub on his wages that rarely plays. Do you disagree?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That video of him with blonde hair reading off a prepared statement written by his PR team is a disgrace :lol: . Saying nothing would have been better.
I dont think there's was anything wrong with it. It's more personal than a written statement which is what all players give.

Skills

Snitch
I think at the very least, he adds more production to the team in the form of goals and assists. That's something we massively lack

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a really good player, I've probably seen him and Mount play the same amount of times and Rice has regularly looked excellent and Mount has always looked very meh. Neither are remotely worth their fee but that's just what transfer prices have gone to these days especially with English internationals. I don't get it with Mount, sadly. He's never looked good, I've never seen him do anything that justifies the hype, just a meh player. I really hope I'm wrong. I reckon I am, given us and other clubs were chasing him, and Chelsea fans adore him and are pissed he's leaving, so yeah, hopefully he's actually as good as they all say!
I’ve also seen Rice a lot and his passing / ability in tight spaces comes as utterly meh. That said I think he suits Arsenal so let’s see. Mount is much more complete than people think and I can see him being an important player this coming season. In an ideal world I’d sign neither for United but given ETH rates him highly I’m intrigued to see how he performs as I see him surprising many with his quality.

Real Name

Disastrous decision to give him number 7. This transfer has a disaster written all over it now.

He's going to have step his game up from here.

I was fine with him coming in to bolster our options, he's good without being great and would be a good signing for that, but the number 7 suggests we plan for him to be a key player for us. Nothing I’ve seen suggests he's good enough for that but lets wait and see how the season goes.

OverratedOpinion

I'm so delighted with this. Pour more and more gas on the fire for those who have barely watched him play and don't understand that we've just signed an excellent player. Please someone make a threat about the history of the number 7 shirt and how this a is a disgrace, pretty please.

Giggsyking

I am not fussed about the number 7 anyway, it stopped being a legendary number since 2009.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I’ve also seen Rice a lot and his passing / ability in tight spaces comes as utterly meh. That said I think he suits Arsenal so let’s see. Mount is much more complete than people think and I can see him being an important player this coming season. In an ideal world I’d sign neither for United but given ETH rates him highly I’m intrigued to see how he performs as I see him surprising many with his quality.
I'm fine with the signing in theory as long as we sign a GK (very likely) and a Striker (who knows) still. My biggest concern is the fact that we seem to be getting priced out of all the decent strikers having just splonked £55m+ on this guy. Hopefully it's all hearsay and nonsense.

amolbhatia50k

We gave it to Ronaldo around a similar age.

He was publicly liking tweets saying he should get the 7. His brother also tweeted about it. It's only a number, but it's clear he wanted it, and players are highly superstitious - and I hope he doesn't feel down/less valued because of it.
When we had Ronaldo we had a better team and footballs greatest ever manager. This is the era of unfulfilled potential at United with young players often not kicking on. I’d rather not give it to a kid now - not that it’s as important as people here think.

BeltUp

Supports
United
If you've been supporting United for more than 20 years then the number 7 is significant. Just because the dickheads who own our club have made a mess of it recently, doesn't mean the tradition is no longer important.

amolbhatia50k

Seems you're getting quite emotional about this mate. I think that statement is pretty funny.
Seems I’m not? Why would I care about Chelsea fans being overly sensitive :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's going to have step his game up from here.

I was fine with him coming in to bolster our options, he's good without being great and would be a good signing for that, but the number 7 suggests we plan for him to be a key player for us. Nothing I’ve seen suggests he's good enough for that but lets wait and see how the season goes.
His profile as a player and the contract we gave him suggested he was going to be a key player for us. The number he wears on his back doesn't make a difference.

OverratedOpinion

I mean to be fair he has left a small club in London to come to the biggest club in the country in the best City in the country. Must be on cloud 9, still had the class to pretend to be sad bless him, he's a good egg.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Seems you're getting quite emotional about this mate. I think that statement is pretty funny.
*Mount Says Nothing*

How dare Mount not say anything to the club that’s given him everything for the last 18 years! Absolute disgrace!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can’t understand the decision behind it. But that could mean he is indeed ETH most wanted/favourite player, which is not a surprise as he had been following him closely since his time at Vitesse.

ShinjiNinja26

To be fair I don't think you have to be a world class orator to make a genuine message to the supporters. Just speak from the heart. Nobody cares if you say a sub optimal word or stutter a little, in fact it would look more genuine than that robotic effort.
I personally loved his statement. Made it seem like he couldn’t give two fecks about Chelsea, which will boil their fans piss even more. :lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

Glad he signed, but the task of wearing the iconic number 7 is one big hill to climb. The last central midfielder to wear that number to great effect was no other than Bryan Robson.

That's A LOT of pressure.

Real Name

Can’t understand the decision behind it. But that could mean he is indeed ETH most wanted/favourite player, which is not a surprise as he had been following him closely since his time at Vitesse.
What decision?
To bring him in?

ElDiabloRojo

It’s incredible how people care so much about a fecking number
Legacy.

Best, Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo

Now it's seems it's for the average player. It's what we get now, Owen, Valencia, Mason bloody Mount.

He is average at best, so to see him wearing 7 suggests no one cares about the past history of that number.

Can see why some don't care, and why others are disgusted.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The 7 is cursed, puzzling that people would want to give it to our promising forward.