Mason Mount's Misfortune

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Former chelsea fan here

He is good at pressing but honestly a jack of all trades, master of none.

He is good at certain attributes like finishing, passing etc but not fast, physical or consistent enough.

I knew he would be a flop for Man united because he is not a number 8, Tuchel tried that once and it flopped massively. He doesnt have the awareness of a CM. Also, another negative is nobody knows his best position, hes not a CF, he can play LW yes but isn't your typical winger. He is a good CAM but with Bruno at Man united he isn't going to play there.

He also tries hard for the team but when the going gets tough or hes not in form then its very hard for him to get it going again.

60M for Mason mount and the wages you have spent on him is good for us as we have just brought lavia for the same money on far less wages.

Yes we wanted to keep him for the fanbase/team but I was actually happy to get rid especially the price we you gave us.

May be ETHs downfall, but only time will tell all I can say is he is bang average so goodluck and his goals and assists for past 3 seasons reflect that.
What former chelsea fan? :lol: Whose fan are you now?

Ludens the Red

Such a fecking weird signing :lol:

It was so blatantly obvious as well.

I remember being shouted down with ‘I think ETH knows a bit more about football than you’ etc - yeah, no shit, that’s why it’s so fecking odd!

How can a bunch of no marks (talking about myself here) on an Internet forum blatantly see certain things that skilled, knowledgeable coaches seemingly cannot..?

Football’s a weird game.
Because they aren’t necessarily more knowledgeable than us. What sets us apart from them are things like ability to communicate, talent, confidence etc. Think about how much football we actually consume compared to lots of managers/players etc. You’ve had loads of players come out in the past and say they either barely watch football or even like it.
Harry Redknapp was a very successful football manager but it’s safe to say he wasn’t the most knowledgable. A lot of managers also leave their coaches to do a lot of their work. A lot of managers also used to play the game professionally. There also isn’t a significant route for people who weren’t talented enough to play the game to go on and get the opportunity to manage in the game.
As United fans I think we can safely say over the years our managers have not had this wealth of knowledge or been able to see the obvious. Otherwise things like spending 80 million on Maguire, spending 85 million on Antony. Playing Pogba and Matic as a two man midfield. Playing Casemiro by himself in midfield etc… simply doesn’t happen.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Former chelsea fan here

He is good at pressing but honestly a jack of all trades, master of none.

He is good at certain attributes like finishing, passing etc but not fast, physical or consistent enough.

I knew he would be a flop for Man united because he is not a number 8, Tuchel tried that once and it flopped massively. He doesnt have the awareness of a CM. Also, another negative is nobody knows his best position, hes not a CF, he can play LW yes but isn't your typical winger. He is a good CAM but with Bruno at Man united he isn't going to play there.

He also tries hard for the team but when the going gets tough or hes not in form then its very hard for him to get it going again.

60M for Mason mount and the wages you have spent on him is good for us as we have just brought lavia for the same money on far less wages.

Yes we wanted to keep him for the fanbase/team but I was actually happy to get rid especially the price we you gave us.

May be ETHs downfall, but only time will tell all I can say is he is bang average so goodluck and his goals and assists for past 3 seasons reflect that.
Jesus wept, its two games in.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Pep also wanted maguire, sanchez, cucurella. All turned out to be shit signings by their respective clubs.
He is a troll masterminding our feck ups, that's what he is.

The only time one of those rumours became a real possibility (sheikhs getting Cristiano and his army of social media followers) he started talking about quitting at the end of the season.

Huge sigh of relief when we signed him instead.

Melville Red

Jesus wept, its two games in.
And if this shit isn’t sorted out soon it will be 10 games in and mid table at best. FFS.
I expected more at half time as there was no reason why United should have capitulated as they did in the second half.
It needs sorting, Carrington should be on over time this week.

Lecland07

Well, perhaps things aren't so bad after all. We could have spent £115m on Caicedo instead.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Mount is almost the opposite to Antony as he is one of the most versatile midfielders in the PL.

He will not flop, provided the right accommodation is set up for him.

This means starting him in attacking midfield, be it in the centre (instead of Bruno) or on the wing (with Bruno as CAM).

The combination of Bruno and Antony in attacking midfield will keep on unsettling the entire team, as their risk reward game is too high.

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol: that's unacceptable.

Amongst our starting XI, Mount has the lowest number of touches (57). Even lower than Onana (91), Garnacho and Rashford (72) :lol:

I also think Onana has been more threatening if I'm being honest. In comparison, the ex-Chelsea midfielder Kovacic has registered 181 touches this season.
https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/touches
When you buy a goal keeper to play out from the back, he;s going to get more touches on the ball than some of the team. He'll be playing short passes along the back line, sometimes in quick succession, I think we term that 'stat padding'

Just change it to Cockney.
Except he's from Portsmouth......

Pronewbie

Peep
When you buy a goal keeper to play out from the back, he;s going to get more touches on the ball than some of the team. He'll be playing short passes along the back line, sometimes in quick succession, I think we term that 'stat padding'

Except he's from Portsmouth......
That's what I thought then quickly checked Arsenal's GK's stats. Ramsdale is dead last in touches.
To be fair though I've since re-checked the stats (Man City & Brighton) and you make a fair point. However, my original point still stands.

Dominos

:lol: that's unacceptable.

Amongst our starting XI, Mount has the lowest number of touches (57). Even lower than Onana (91), Garnacho and Rashford (72) :lol:

I also think Onana has been more threatening if I'm being honest. In comparison, the ex-Chelsea midfielder Kovacic has registered 181 touches this season.
This is why he was a relatively unpopular signing from the moment we were first linked with him... People have watched him for England and Chelsea for years, and he just isn't involved in the game enough. All England fans were pleading with Southgate to drop him because he's always on the periphery of games, he's just neat and tidy the occasions where he does touch the ball. It's even worse when you consider the role he was brought to do which was Eriksen's role from last season, who was generally our highest volume passer, who has now been replaced by one of the lowest volume passers we could possibly get.

RedDevilQuebecois

This is why he was a relatively unpopular signing from the moment we were first linked with him... People have watched him for England and Chelsea for years, and he just isn't involved in the game enough. All England fans were pleading with Southgate to drop him because he's always on the periphery of games, he's just neat and tidy the occasions where he does touch the ball. It's even worse when you consider the role he was brought to do which was Eriksen's role from last season, who was generally our highest volume passer, who has now been replaced by one of the lowest volume passers we could possibly get.
Basically, we can dust off all the "no penetration" jokes we used to pull on Tom Cleverley. The more it goes the more it looks like the same stupid shit as with Cleverley.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Kovacic could have been perfect for us, im genuinely bewildered how we didn't even get linked with the fella.

FerociousCorgis

i was all in on the onana and hojlund signings, this was the big one i was questioning. Really hope he comes back firing and this isnt another huge blunder. Feel like had we scouted well enough couldve found two midfielders for his price. Between this and the mainoo injury sucks that we lost two midfielders that were big part of EtH plans this season already

Probably a good thing. Takes the heat off him. He must know he's been shocking and fans are not happy, there's a risk of him being the lightning rod after the last few days. Have a few weeks out and slip back in when things have settled down.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Can't stand to watch Eriksen anymore. A pity for him and the club.

Scott, give it your best one more time.