Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSpud

He's coming back isn't he?

Sorry but we've got to address the elephant in the room or are we going to not have any talk about a player in the squad?

Anyway the statement was an absolute shambles and if it's true that Murtough and Ten Hag welcome his reintegration back to the squad well shame on them too.

Club Statement:

Last edited:

L1nk

Considering there has been an official statement and such now, we should be able to talk about it but got a feeling the mods will lock this and still stop the chatter unfortunately my friend. People can't seem to behave civilized when it comes to the topic of MG

Skills

Snitch
You'd think there's a reason the discussion is not allowed on the forum.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Probably, wasn't the best debut as a midfielder, but can see him keeping his place in the starting XI against Spurs.

MUFC OK

How quickly will this be closed?

Hope we can actually discuss on here once a decision has been made.

gfactor86

We're morally bankrupt. Club run by leeches. Not what it once was. I'm nearly done with it

Roboc7

He’s coming back, it’s blatantly obvious. Just pretty gutless the club have made the decision but don’t have the balls to just announce it.

LordSpud

He’s coming back, it’s blatantly obvious. Just pretty gutless the club have made the decision but don’t have the balls to just announce it.
Correct I read the statement and felt why the hell have they put out something that ultimately doesn't SAY anything.

Then I realised they are just putting it out to try and lessen the blow

cyberman

In terms of on the pitch he’s an absolute game changer if he finds his way back to form at any early to medium stage of the season.
in terms of anything that actually matters then it’s a disgrace and our club is letting down a lot of our fanbase by going through with this

LARulz

Maybe I am being hopeful but I think they've changed their mind and decided to bin him otherwise why didn't they just continue with the plan they had to bring him back?

gfactor86

The backlash will be so severe from sponsors, the woman's team, football media that we will end up u-turning and actually looking worse

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Wish they'd just announce the decision. That statement said basically nothing. Some of the reactions in here are unsurprising though...

El Zoido

PR disaster. No strong opinion on it personally, but it will reflect terribly on the club.

Roboc7

Correct I read the statement and felt why the hell have they put out something that ultimately doesn't SAY anything.

Then I realised they are just putting it out to try and lessen the blow
Exactly. It’s being handled really badly, they know what they are going to do so just do it and accept the consequences.

CM

Maybe I am being hopeful but I think they've changed their mind and decided to bin him otherwise why didn't they just continue with the plan they had to bring him back?
The report is they wanted to consult/brief key stakeholders in the club before making the decision public, including members of the women's team currently away in Australia. That very much suggests the intention will be to bring him back. It doesn't sit well at all.

FujiVice

Feel sick to be honest. I really fecking hate the way this club is run and the decision making.

FerociousCorgis

In before lock

But would be curious to know how many people have such strong opinions while at the same time knowing pretty much zero factual evidence that has come out.

MUFC OK

Not the first time it can be said about the modern United but the whole saga is getting boring now.

MalaysianRed7

Before this thread gets locked, I have to say that I feel as disgusted with the way the club have handled the situation as I do with Greenwood himself for what I did. Glazers, Richard Arnold etc are all absolutely disgraceful human beings.

LARulz

The report is they wanted to consult/brief key stakeholders in the club before making the decision public, including members of the women's team currently away in Australia. That very much suggests the intention will be to bring him back. It doesn't sit well at all.
They had 6 months to do that and I find it impossible to believe Arnold remembered last second there was a women's team. I dunno, I just can't imagine he decided to do this without talking to anyone first

Superunknown

It's clear that he's coming back. The club are waiting for the right time to divulge/reveal that. They're going through the motions by doing the investigation, speaking to players and staff, etc. Imo, the decision to bring him back was made months ago. This is just the club being their usual slow self.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
When the club make the final announcement - and not this "preliminary announcement" discussion will be allowed but only in one megathread. We're not having it sprouting in every thread. There'll be one thread in the United forum and, if he's playing here or on loan the player performance thread will be tightly policed. Until then just have a bit of patience and respect our wishes not to allow it to be discussed until the announcement is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.