g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Love of the old BioWare I guess.

And nerfing the triple-shot Raider/Destroyer build in ME3 multiplayer.
I don't see much in Andromeda that ruined the legacy of the old Bioware though. It still had all the core elements; big story, RPG elements, character driven etc. They unfortunately made a few too many feckups along the way but I'd argue games like Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 were actually more rushed and less developed than Andromeda was!

Honestly, it's a pretty good game. Not a classic, but still good. I genuinely think it got an unfair rep because of all those facial animation memes that came out before release.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just remake the fecking trilogy. EA are leaving millions on the table by not doing it.

Complete 3 set edition with today's graphics and some quality of life changes = $$$.

Minkaro

Just remake the fecking trilogy. EA are leaving millions on the table by not doing it.

Complete 3 set edition with today's graphics and some quality of life changes = $$$.
I'd 100% get a Mass Effect Collection. I mean, they did Uncharted, which was about the same time as Mass Effect? At least Uncharted 1 and ME1 came out around the same time.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I just want more games in the Mass Effect universe.
Yeah, hopefully we get something more on the next generation of consoles. It peaked at ME2 for me but I've still enjoyed the subsequent ones but, like you,I love the universe and nothing else quite gives that feeling of being somewhere in space.

evil_geko

I still haven't played Andromeda, Mass Effect trilogy is one of my favorite games of all time, I've played through them countless times, I don't want to get disappointed with Andromeda, I will just ignore it, people say best part in Andromeda is gameplay but characters and story is shit, and that is why I mostly play ME games, so I doubt I will ever try it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I still haven't played Andromeda, Mass Effect trilogy is one of my favorite games of all time, I've played through them countless times, I don't want to get disappointed with Andromeda, I will just ignore it, people say best part in Andromeda is gameplay but characters and story is shit, and that is why I mostly play ME games, so I doubt I will ever try it.
See, I found the main story after ME1 to be pretty shit... so Andromeda works fine for me.

The side stories in ME2 and ME3 were the strongest parts, and some of the side stories in Andromeda aren't too bad if I recall.

Irwin99

Gameplay was good and it was a reasonably fun game. Just feel that it's a bit like Dragon Age in that the tone of the games seem to have gotten a bit less....gritty and less dark which I don't like as much. I watched a video of all the terrible things you can do in DA Origins and there's barely anything like that in Inquisition. Similarly, Mass Effect Andromeda's choices felt very underwhelming compared to ME2. I miss those kind of choices.

AaronRedDevil

EA also need to do the smart thing and continue on with the original crew. One of the endings has Shepard breathing at the end and I guess lives. Just forgot the crap that Andromeda was and go back to Shepard. I just can’t get into the new crew. It’s near impossible to be as Good as wrex, Garrus, Tali, Liara etc. It’s like playing god of war without Kratos or Uncharted without the Drake family.

Siorac

Basically.. but without Illusive men and the ridiculous main campaign (which was a big part of that game)
I liked the Illusive Man. The main campaign could be ignored for the vast majority of the game: "oh, sure, colonists are getting kidnapped left, right, and center and getting turned into abominations but Samara doesn't like me enough yet so I'll do a favour for her first, if that's OK".

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I liked the Illusive Man. The main campaign could be ignored for the vast majority of the game: "oh, sure, colonists are getting kidnapped left, right, and center and getting turned into abominations but Samara doesn't like me enough yet so I'll do a favour for her first, if that's OK".
:lol:

I just found the illusive man to be silly... I mean they sat in a room, created a mysterious gentleman who no one knows the true identity of and genuinely landed on the name "The Illusive Man" ... imagine how many bottles of champagne were popped when they landed on that beauty.

Siorac

:lol:

I just found the illusive man to be silly... I mean they sat in a room, created a mysterious gentleman who no one knows the true identity of and genuinely landed on the name "The Illusive Man" ... imagine how many bottles of champagne were popped when they landed on that beauty.
:lol: I can absolutely see someone like Jeff Bezos deciding to call himself that.

Andersons Dietician

Gameplay was good and it was a reasonably fun game. Just feel that it's a bit like Dragon Age in that the tone of the games seem to have gotten a bit less....gritty and less dark which I don't like as much. I watched a video of all the terrible things you can do in DA Origins and there's barely anything like that in Inquisition. Similarly, Mass Effect Andromeda's choices felt very underwhelming compared to ME2. I miss those kind of choices.
‘This is one of the things I wasn’t keen on and why since completing it I’ve never played it again but in the first few Mass Effects, some missions felt like there were dire consequences. Certain missions where they set it up like it was dangerous I would be like ok I don’t like this dude as much he is expendable. I felt a proper attachment to some of the characters which I just didn’t get in Andromeda and if I recall there was never that sort of Jepordy.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

What's with the remake craze? Remasters are one thing but unless a game has aged so badly its now considered broken, a remakes seemd like a waste of resources.... make something new ffs.

Bebe

What's with the remake craze? Remasters are one thing but unless a game has aged so badly its now considered broken, a remakes seemd like a waste of resources.... make something new ffs.
I'd imagine there's a lot of room for quality of life improvements with 1, but yeah 2 and 3 are fine as is.

At this point though something new is likely to be trash, EA have done there work well with Bioware.