Gaming Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As an aside, the only two games I've played on ps4 so far are FF XV and ME:A and so far they've both been hugely disappointing.
Shouldn't you be playing the games that are actually good, then? DA:I will only make it 3/3.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Shouldn't you be playing the games that are actually good, then? DA:I will only make it 3/3.
I didn't know any of the above games were bad and I don't have TW3. I absolutely loved ME 1-3, DA:O, FF VII - FFX so I've been dying to play the latest instalments of all of them for a long time.

And really, I never got into The Witcher games (though I have only played the first and only for a couple of hours, but it didn't suck me in and I grew bored quickly.)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I didn't know any of the above games were bad and I don't have TW3. I absolutely loved ME 1-3, DA:O, FF VII - FFX so I've been dying to play the latest instalments of all of them for a long time.
That's fair enough. I mean, Dragon Age wasn't that bad, but it was definitely a big downgrade on DA:O. It was a better game than ME:A, at least.
SmashedHombre said:
And really, I never got into The Witcher games (though I have only played the first and only for a couple of hours, but it didn't suck me in and I grew bored quickly.)
Buy TW3. Give it about 10 hours (a little into the Bloody Baron's questline) and I guarantee you'll love it. It's got a bit circle jerk basically everywhere on the internet at this point, but the game is seriously fantastic.

Probably need to shortlist Dark Souls 3, Bloodbourne, and Horizon Zero Dawn. If you're a fan of JRPGs you should Persona 5 and Nier are great too.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
DA:I was a decent game in fairness, though it did drag in parts. Also Witcher 3 coming out around the same time did it no favours.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
@SmashedHombre If you didn't like MEA I find it highly unlikely that you'll like DAI, unless you really really like that series. DAO was absolutely fantastic, but DA2 was a step down and I think DAI is a further step down.

I personally rate DAI below MEA (I do like both though) - I never understood why DAI got that great reviews, and honestly (I've said this before on here) I think those great reviews clouded the MEA reviews. I think a lot of reviewers went back and thought "DAI wasn't really that great, I better not give MEA an equally great score to not look biased". Not that MEA deserved great reviews of course, but neither did DAI. Most of MEA's side-quests are better than DAI's, because there's a bigger variety, and the open-world in MEA is also better IMO.

I can only support that ones saying that you should give Witcher 3 a go, even if you didn't like the previous games in the series. I personally love all the games - probably because I played them as they were released - but I'll admit that particularly the first game hasn't aged well. Witcher 3 is an absolute masterpiece though, and anyone who likes RPGs should definitely play it.

buckooo1978

just started this and on Eos

I take it you have to avoid the places that are level 3 radiation. I've discovered 80% viability

do I come back to the planet later - did all the stuff with monoliths and atmosphere

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
just started this and on Eos

I take it you have to avoid the places that are level 3 radiation. I've discovered 80% viability

do I come back to the planet later - did all the stuff with monoliths and atmosphere
Planets will improve as you progress through the main quest. Your crew will notify you when it happens. So yeah, you come back later.

Tiber

I may be the only one, but I had a great time in MEA. Game has its issues but I liked the overall story and some of the companions are great

Art Vandelay

TW3 is a very different game to TW1. The combat in TW1 was god awful and it was a hard game to get into. TW3 is in my opinion the best game ever. It's just immense. You can probably get it cheap enough now to make it worth taking a chance on at least.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah, there are no excuses for not playing The Witcher 3. One of the greatest RPGs of all time, without any doubt.

buckooo1978

Yeah, there are no excuses for not playing The Witcher 3. One of the greatest RPGs of all time, without any doubt.
I second this

fantastic storyline

best game I've played on Xbox one - the blood and wine expansion pack is like an entire game in depth

izzydiggler

Was waiting for it to go cheap, given the negative reviews - does the game 'properly' finish or does it end some cliffhanger that will never be resolved?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Does no more patching for single player / in-game story content mean no DLC?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No, they fixed everything, the game has no issues anymore so they don't need to patch it.
I've worked in the gaming industry. There's no way they could fix that rubbish in one build

The Mass effect Andromeda project is more abandoned then the Titanic

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
they are. That game was beta at best
I've worked in the gaming industry. There's no way they could fix that rubbish in one build

The Mass effect Andromeda project is more abandoned then the Titanic
In what role? The first quote leads me to believe that you have no idea what a beta actually is. Andromeda is not perfect and it had some bugs, but there's no way you could consider it beta. And the game wasn't fixed in one build.

I played through the game on release (finished it before any patch was released) without encountering any major bugs, as did loads of other players. The game isn't fantastic, but that has nothing to do with "beta". Weird animations aside, I think Witcher 3 had more issues on launch (I remember people on here getting stuck in the main story, because something wouldn't trigger) - did you consider that game beta as well?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In what role? The first quote leads me to believe that you have no idea what a beta actually is. Andromeda is not perfect and it had some bugs, but there's no way you could consider it beta. And the game wasn't fixed in one build.

I played through the game on release (finished it before any patch was released) without encountering any major bugs, as did loads of other players. The game isn't fantastic, but that has nothing to do with "beta". Weird animations aside, I think Witcher 3 had more issues on launch (I remember people on here getting stuck in the main story, because something wouldn't trigger) - did you consider that game beta as well?
In testing. Maybe i exxagerated with beta thing but that game was far from a finished product. My boss would have rather resign that allow that crap to come live

Anyway the team seem to have been relocated, there is no new fixes and i doubt we will see any dlcs (single player). The ME andromeda is more sunk then the titanic

Last edited:

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
In testing. Maybe i exxagerated with beta thing but that game was far from a finished product. My boss would have rather resign that allow that crap to come live
I think you're confusing "finished product I don't like" or "finished product with flaws" with "unfinished"/"beta". What part of Andromeda was unfinished?

Again, I'm by no means claiming that it's a masterpiece, but having played betas (and alphas) myself, Andromeda didn't feel like either. Andromeda, at least from my experience, was a finished product - it was just not a great one, and it was not the product people hoped for, and expected.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That's not washing their hands of it, just saying they feel there's no need for more patches.
No DLC means washing their hands of it. Every ME game has had bundles of DLC. Haven't played the game but from what I've read from people who have, they said there was plenty of stuff that could've and should've been addressed with DLC.
Does no more patching for single player / in-game story content mean no DLC?
Yep.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
No DLC means washing their hands of it. Every ME game has had bundles of DLC. Haven't played the game but from what I've read from people who have, they said there was plenty of stuff that could've and should've been addressed with DLC.

Yep.
Not at all, just because the others had dlc it doesn't mean this one has to, there was nothing in the game that I felt could be enhanced by dlc. Multiplayer stuff will still be worked on, so hands have most certainly not been washed.

Andersons Dietician

I had a few areas in mass effect where the game wouldn't trigger when I played through it. One being the vault with the platform that everyone had issues with.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not at all, just because the others had dlc it doesn't mean this one has to, there was nothing in the game that I felt could be enhanced by dlc. Multiplayer stuff will still be worked on, so hands have most certainly not been washed.
MP is apparently getting a skeleton crew and only because they might make a few quid from microtransactions.

Of course there was supposed to be DLC. I see loads of people complaining about a Quarian ark storyline that's been abandoned, now it'll be finished with a comic (probably half-assed too).

This will come back to bite Bioware in the ass with Anthem.

Andersons Dietician

MP is apparently getting a skeleton crew and only because they might make a few quid from microtransactions.

Of course there was supposed to be DLC. I see loads of people complaining about a Quarian ark storyline that's been abandoned, now it'll be finished with a comic (probably half-assed too).

This will come back to bite Bioware in the ass with Anthem.
I would have thought that part was the set up for a sequel. Have you played it buddy?

Andersons Dietician

I got a shitty one, too.

Left sitting alone in a hut in the bog while monsters gathered.
Yup I got the same one.
Here was me trying to be a supportive father figure and protect her but nooo. In the end I just created doubt.

I can't be bothered going back to a save point as I did all of one of the DLC's after that between the finale.

Andersons Dietician

Nope but it's on sale for the summer on PSN and was planning to get before the sale ends.

Not sure if I will now if certain storylines are abandoned.
This might be sort of a spoiler buddy so read if you want.
That is actually quite a major thing at the end of the story, it's for sure a set up for a 2nd game in my opinion. Seems more than a DLC add on.

I'd probably say the game is still kinda worth it. It'll eat up a load of your time but it feels very different from the original mass effect. Doesn't seem to have the urgency or pearl.

The multiplayer is pretty good but I haven't played it in about a month or two and I'm sure I saw they've made a lot of changes to it recently.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
It was obviously supposed to be a trilogy. Shame it's been shut down, Bioware could surely have just learned from the flaws in this and improved the sequels.