Massimiliano Allegri targets Manchester United job

LoneStar

At this rate, I would even have Jose back. At least that was shite football with results. Far better than shite football with shite results.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At this rate, I would even have Jose back. At least that was shite football with results. Far better than shite football with shite results.
Except last season under Jose was sh!Te results too.

FerociousCorgis

yeah def can't be losing this great attacking footy we are playing now by bringing in an italian manager.

Infra-red

How are the anti - Allegri folks feeling today?
I don't think anyone doubts that Allegri is a far better manager than Solskjaer. That isn't the point though.

The question is whether or not he'd be the best eventual replacement for Solskjaer, relative to all the other options we might conceivably pursue. It seems that many people would prefer to replace Ole with someone whose brand of football is a little more entertaining than Allegri's.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I don't think anyone doubts that Allegri is a far better manager than Solskjaer. That isn't the point though.

The question is whether or not he'd be the best eventual replacement for Solskjaer, relative to all the other options we might conceivably pursue. It seems that many people would prefer to replace Ole with someone whose brand of football is a little more entertaining than Allegri's.
I get that - but it's hard to play entertaining footie or even ask for it if we can't even do the basics right.

RyRy11

I don't even rate Allegri but it would be nice to have a Manager that can at least coach a team halfway competently. We need to get back to the basics.

kidbob

Not my first choice but at this stage bring him in right now and more importantly let him bring in his own coaching staff. Or else I'm seriously thinking Wenger would be a great choice until the end of the season.

AlwaysRed66

How are the anti - Allegri folks feeling today?
Even if Solskjaar lost every match going, I still wouldn't want this bloke. We need to get an attacking manager who can challenge City & Liverpool. It will need money & time, but fans would put up with that. What they wont put up with is tumescent football, & not winning the major trophies, which someone like Allegri wouldn't do against Klopp & Guardiola.

Le Red

Decent standard football would feel like a trip to the circus with fireworks and ecstasy. I still expect any coach in the world to fail with the current board though.

lex talionis

We're in serious trouble of a freefall. We're in 10th place and while it's true that we're only 3 points off being level with Arsenal and West Ham for 4th place this is not a side that instills any fear whatsoever in our next opponent -- Newcastle. If we drop points to Newcastle we have to seriously consider the possibility that the Solksjaer project is in total collapse.

So let's give this another week or two, but if we drift closer to 12th or 13th place after only 8 games management will have to make a hard decision. As for possible candidates to save the ship from sinking, I wouldn't have Mourinho back and I wouldn't bring in Wenger. I'd take a pass on Pochettino, who hasn't won squat. There might be more intriguing names out there, but we could do a lot worse than Allegri.

The day the decision to bring in Moyes was a pretty fecked up day.

Bulldog United

If some people want us to play attacking football at all costs, then we could hire a Diego Maradona or Ossie Ardiles. I'm still not sure how long our fans would tolerate thrilling 6-3 defeats though, but it would certainly be entertaining for some.

Schneckerl

So let's give this another week or two, but if we drift closer to 12th or 13th place after only 8 games management will have to make a hard decision. As for possible candidates to save the ship from sinking, I wouldn't have Mourinho back and I wouldn't bring in Wenger. I'd take a pass on Pochettino, who hasn't won squat. There might be more intriguing names out there, but we could do a lot worse than Allegri.
Why? Stop looking up manager resumes on wikipedia, while ignoring the situation.

gajender

Even if Solskjaar lost every match going, I still wouldn't want this bloke. We need to get an attacking manager who can challenge City & Liverpool. It will need money & time, but fans would put up with that. What they wont put up with is tumescent football, & not winning the major trophies, which someone like Allegri wouldn't do against Klopp & Guardiola.
I also want a progressive manager but the notion that Pep and Klopp can't be challenged by defensive managers is not something I agree with, I believe Conte if given chance with United and with right backing would be up there challenging for the title maybe Allegri could do the same as well.

Colin Clarke

English is a universal language and very handy for him to learn to keep his options open but it doesnt mean he is after the United job. He wouldn't be much of a decent man if he is targeting a job that is not vacant. He might want to work in the premier and having a grasp of the language is a plus but not essential. Still might be an option if Ole can't get a result at Newcastle who are terrible at the moment.

Halal Jalal

We should hire a manager with a track record of long term planning that entails developing youth while playing exciting football. Pochettino and Marco Rose are ideal. Tuchel and Nagelsmann also excellent.
I'd love nothing more than having Nagelsmann become world class for us, completely reshaping the squad and playstyle, challenging Liverpool and City with entertaining, effective football. That's the most exciting option but... can we afford the risk?

I'd also love seeing Allegri instill some discipline, intelligence and consistency in the team, establishing us as 3rd best team England because currently we're far from that. That's the most logical option, even though less exciting.

Poch would be fine too, he's somewhere in-between. More attacking football than Allegri and better at developing young talent, but none of the credentials and winning mentality. More established and safer option than Nagelsmann, but more conservative and possibly peaked already.

Tuchel - sorry, but I can't take someone whose PSG gets knocked out by Ole seriously. What a clown. Rose - meh.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The longer this dreadful spell continues, the more I warm to Allegri despite knowing he wouldn't be good for us long term

In Rainbows

I'd love nothing more than having Nagelsmann become world class for us, completely reshaping the squad and playstyle, challenging Liverpool and City with entertaining, effective football. That's the most exciting option but... can we afford the risk?
Yes, we've tried everything else and we've been failing. So if he fails, its not like we all of a sudden slid down. We've been on that road for 6 years, going on 7.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

I'd also love seeing Allegri instill some discipline, intelligence and consistency in the team, establishing us as 3rd best team England because currently we're far from that. That's the most logical option, even though less exciting.

Poch would be fine too, he's somewhere in-between. More attacking football than Allegri and better at developing young talent, but none of the credentials and winning mentality. More established and safer option than Nagelsmann, but more conservative and possibly peaked already.

Tuchel - sorry, but I can't take someone whose PSG gets knocked out by Ole seriously. What a clown. Rose - meh.
Nagelsmann – you mention risk, but I’d put it to you that, relatively speaking, we have hit rock bottom. There is no such thing as a risk managerial appointment for United anymore.

We have picked rubbish outmoded managers ever since SAF retired. We had a winner in Jose but truth be told, the board bottled it when it came to backing him.

Five wins out of 22 and 18 goals in 19. That’s relegation form over more than half a season. Anyone still backing this managerial regime is bananas. It’s not going to improve.

The Glazers are shit hawks as well, so I can’t even see a way out even if we have a good manager.

I’m just completely baffled by it all.

Halal Jalal

Yes, we've tried everything else and we've been failing. So if he fails, its not like we all of a sudden slid down. We've been on that road for 6 years, going on 7.
Nagelsmann – you mention risk, but I’d put it to you that, relatively speaking, we have hit rock bottom. There is no such thing as a risk managerial appointment for United anymore.

We have picked rubbish outmoded managers ever since SAF retired. We had a winner in Jose but truth be told, the board bottled it when it came to backing him.

Five wins out of 22 and 18 goals in 19. That’s relegation form over more than half a season. Anyone still backing this managerial regime is bananas. It’s not going to improve.

The Glazers are shit hawks as well, so I can’t even see a way out even if we have a good manager.

I’m just completely baffled by it all.
Fine by me. Allegri > Nagelsmann > Poch as far as I'm concerned but I'd take any of them in a heartbeat.

Slysi17

I seriously think that we should go for Erik Ten Hag from Ajax. Done wonders at Ajax and plays attacking football as well. What's pissed me off is Manchester United have just hired managers with no thought put into it. They haven't done a considered thorough search for any manager so far. Basically hired Mourinho and Ole just cos they were the easy and lazy option.

Madzik_92

I seriously think that we should go for Erik Ten Hag from Ajax. Done wonders at Ajax and plays attacking football as well. What's pissed me off is Manchester United have just hired managers with no thought put into it. They haven't done a considered thorough search for any manager so far. Basically hired Mourinho and Ole just cos they were the easy and lazy option.
It is because the board does not care about United future. That is why we're like this

dev1l

Mike Keegan is pretty reliable for Daily Mail. Adrian Kajumba is good too. The rest I m not sure

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They are copying Tuttosport, not their original source.

Still crap source though, shame.
Even if we were to accept these as true, I reckon we would still stick with Ole at least until after Chelsea. If we find he has 1 point from the next 3, we can get rid knowing Allegri is keen.