Mateo Kovacic

TheLord

Best selling club, the worst buying club. Let's put it that way then

The fact that you've spent considerably less (net spending) than we have over 20 years despite the Roman Abramovich and Todd Boehly's spending sprees says a lot about good your "selling" skills are.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
When you write shit like that there's nothing left to write about but to laugh.
He has been of same quality in WC qualifications. He was by far our best midfielder in WC followed by Brozovic. Brozovic is btw the most important part of that midfield because you know what... without him you can't play Modric and Kovacic or Modric and Rakitic before.

But in general I have nothing to say to a person who brings north/south bias in terms of our country on this forum. It says all about you. Bless.

Mainoldo

Chelsea are selling Kovavcic, 29, at around the same price they spent buying him from Madrid after getting the best out of him for nearly 4 years.

That club is ridiculously good at shuffling players. No top club comes close.
It’s called inflation my friend. Were Midfielders going for £100m when they signed him all them years ago?

Lux Thunder

He has been of same quality in WC qualifications. He was by far our best midfielder in WC followed by Brozovic. Brozovic is btw the most important part of that midfield because you know what... without him you can't play Modric and Kovacic or Modric and Rakitic before.

But in general I have nothing to say to a person who brings north/south bias in terms of our country on this forum. It says all about you. Bless.
Don't get bothered, I'm with you on this - can't say for sure that Kova is the best for the last three years, but in Qatar, he was our best midfielder (yeah, better than Modrić) and his form continued with a very good performance against Wales and a brace against Turkey away. I think we should go for him as a FDJ alternative.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We paid much more for Case who was 30 when we bought him.
Maybe he had more years left on his contract but then Kovacic is already PL proven / PL tax.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We paid much more for Case who was 30 when we bought him.
Maybe he had more years left on his contract but then Kovacic is already PL proven / PL tax.
5 times UCL winner tax is obviously greater

united_99

Was he in the last year of his contract at Real Madrid when you bought him?
I don’t know but even if he was Kovacic is already in the PL and usually PL clubs hold out for higher fees.

united_99

I hope this is not a serious post :lol:
? It is. I mean Case winning a CL in 2014 or 16 when he was much younger does not have so much relevance to his performances 6-8 years later. More relevant is that both are CL proven at the highest level. Kovacic is reportedly going for a much smaller fee than we paid for Case. The only 1 year left on his contract can be countered by his PL experience.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
? It is. I mean Case winning a CL in 2014 or 16 when he was much younger does not have so much relevance to his performances 6-8 years later. More relevant is that both are CL proven at the highest level. Kovacic is reportedly going for a much smaller fee than we paid for Case. The only 1 year left on his contract can be countered by his PL experience.
It's like comparing VdS with that Barca back up GK Pinto. If anyone says VdS won 2 CLs the counter argument is "so did Pinto".

Casemiro has been a key player in every team he has played in, Kovacic was a back up player at best for Madrid, not sure how he is rated among 600 players at Chelsea.

Casemiro starting 30 plus league games is a norm, he does it almost all the time. Kovacic's highest league starts for chelsea is 23 and that was many years ago.

united_99

It's like comparing VdS with that Barca back up GK Pinto. If anyone says VdS won 2 CLs the counter argument is "so did Pinto".

Casemiro has been a key player in every team he has played in, Kovacic was a back up player at best for Madrid, not sure how he is rated among 600 players at Chelsea.

Casemiro starting 30 plus league games is a norm, he does it almost all the time. Kovacic's highest league starts for chelsea is 23 and that was many years ago.
Well apart from in his only season so far at United!
Case was a good signing but we also paid a lot of money for him. Kovacic is also a good signing and is going for much less money. This is undeniable.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Case was a good signing but we also paid a lot of money for him. Kovacic is also a good signing and is going for much less money. This is undeniable.
For less money because hes not as good and has a year left on his contract. Also undeniable

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, because Casemiro is levels above Kovacic.

Abraxas

He's a good player but it's pretty clear ETH has decided on an 8 being the play. I don't think he's interested in a tiki taka, possession based midfielder, not unless he's FDJ and quite a unique skillset that can drive forward. Maybe he's wrong about this but I think it stands to reason that if he's not after this profile then he's not interested full stop, price is irrelevant.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.

He was most consistent, but Modrić even in bursts of play is far more influential and more important to team play.
Agree on Brozović, he was/is unbelievable knowing his lifestyle (private jet to Velika Gorica to his coffe shop with family, buys everyone drinks, organises music, food and smokes like crazy, also darts, 2-3 hours of fun then private jet back to Milano), great midfielder, didn't think he would ever reach this level watching him play for Dinamo.

As for the last part don't really know what you're about.

zaafi

€30m ffs. This is reminiscent of the Gundogan signing, when it's so obvious a player will improve the team a lot and for so cheap. It really is a no-brainer and quite unfathomable we're not even interested.

Real Name

Kovacic is our best midfielder (national team) for about 3 years now.. yeah, he's been better than Modric.
Wouldn't go that far tbh, but he's essential for NT, as you said, and is in fine form for the last 3 years.

Idxomer

€30m ffs. This is reminiscent of the Gundogan signing, when it's so obvious a player will improve the team a lot and for so cheap. It really is a no-brainer and quite unfathomable we're not even interested.
We might've talked with him and he simply prefers City, not everything reaches the press.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Doviđenja, good sir. Thanks for the 5 years.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Observe with wonderment how he'll transform from a 25-27 league games per season player into a 35 after a a quick conversation with Pep's magic doctor.

tomaldinho1

Very good player - arguably one of the best in the league just adding more depth to that squad. Will be on serious wages as well.

As a United fan he would be a welcome addition but we can't be focused on CMs right now, striker has to be the focus.

RedStarUnited

Very good player - arguably one of the best in the league just adding more depth to that squad. Will be on serious wages as well.

As a United fan he would be a welcome addition but we can't be focused on CMs right now, striker has to be the focus.
Except we are seemingly negotiating with Chelsea for Mount

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Be interesting to see how Pep uses him. If he’s directly replacing Gündogan if he leaves I think it’s a step back for City. Gündogan’s goal scoring and creativity are FAR beyond what Kova is capable of.

Von Mistelroum

All this talk about the fee, didn't we establish that the fees City 'pay' are not the fees City pay?