Mathias Pogba - ‘Mourinho was the problem’

Champagne Football

Problem with Jose is the ego is far bigger than the talent. This is a bloke who never played the game trying to tell world class attackers they are not good enough. Hazard, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Mo Salah, De Bruyne, Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Kaka just some names who Jose tried to destroy because he felt they weren't good enough defensively. That's the same as David Moyes telling Messi he is a fragile pussy for putting mazy dribbles past 3 defenders ahead of making endless bone crunching tackles against the opposition.

Patrick08

Problem with Jose is the ego is far bigger than the talent. This is a bloke who never played the game trying to tell world class attackers they are not good enough. Hazard, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Mo Salah, De Bruyne, Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Kaka just some names who Jose tried to destroy because he felt they weren't good enough defensively. That's the same as David Moyes telling Messi he is a fragile pussy for putting mazy dribbles past 3 defenders ahead of making endless bone crunching tackles against the opposition.
Well it shouldn't be any problem with mourinho telling pogba that he is not defensively good enough when its the truth, the problem lies with how he told him and did expect him to follow orders without listening to other opposite opinions in the dressing room to what he had on the pitch in terms of approach to a game and playing style and use of the ball. As a top midfielder he is expected to Control football games without the ball as well but the way mourinho used the ball possession created a problem.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Mou was obviously a problem, but it's evident that Pogba is not strong enough mentally to excell without the conditions being absolutely perfect. He needs encouragement, love, a pat on the back, otherwise he'l sulk and his form will dip.

Pogba is world class only in a team that works. When the going gets tough he'l go MIA again.
I cant say i'v heard him sulking in Juve or at the French NT, and the only evidence we have here is under Jose so the narrative that Pogba is some high maintenance diva just because the conflict with Jose is unfair. Sure some players just graft on and perform the same as they always do under most managers, and Pogba is definitely not one of those, but its not like everyone else were playing their best either

Champagne Football

Well it shouldn't be any problem with mourinho telling pogba that he is not defensively good enough when its the truth, the problem lies with how he told him and did expect him to follow orders without listening to other opposite opinions in the dressing room to what he had on the pitch in terms of approach to a game and playing style and use of the ball. As a top midfielder he is expected to Control football games without the ball as well but the way mourinho used the ball possession created a problem.
He kept playing him in a midfield 2 to try and humiliate him and to make a statement to the board that he wasn't good enough. This is the same bloke who turned Chelsea fans on Hazard, sold De Bruyne and Mo Salah for peanuts, Tried to swap Martial for Alderweireld, Said Rashford was too scared on the pitch to play well, turned Kaka from Ballon D'or winner to bench warmer in a short space of time. Jose's methods only works at smaller clubs who thrive on the underdog role playing defensive park the bus football. He doesn't know how to intigrate attacking geniuses into his defensive philosophy.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
If the Manager was winning then the player would be shown the door. If the Manager was not winning and terrible on the pitch and having issues with many players then he will be the one to go. The same like Pep. Zlatan got sold. Pep stayed because he was winning.
But the Jose has a reputation of getting on with no one.
Same with SAF, he could sell top players (Beckham, Stam, RvN) because he was bringing success year after year.

Revan

Assumptionman
You are missing the point completely. We are not talking about likeability of a manager or if players enjoy his style; we are talking about when it comes to a conflict between a player and a manager, the big name player will get his way.

I have no doubt that a team that executes Mourinho's vision can win big trophies; why he couldn't get the players to do it is a whole different subject. But in a different era Pogba would have been sold and the manager would find a player who will listen to him.

And Jose isn't the only one. Neymar did what he wanted at PSG and Emeri couldn't even bench him.

Quite frankly, it's amazing how fickle the fans are and how short memory they have. A few goals from Pogba and it's all great. Can anybody tell me with a straight face that the performance against Southampton wasn't an intentional and blatant sabotage of not only the manager, but the entire team? He is a virus; a very skilled one and currently dormant, but a virus nonetheless.
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Caf, Jose.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You are missing the point completely. We are not talking about likeability of a manager or if players enjoy his style; we are talking about when it comes to a conflict between a player and a manager, the big name player will get his way.

I have no doubt that a team that executes Mourinho's vision can win big trophies; why he couldn't get the players to do it is a whole different subject. But in a different era Pogba would have been sold and the manager would find a player who will listen to him.

And Jose isn't the only one. Neymar did what he wanted at PSG and Emeri couldn't even bench him.

Quite frankly, it's amazing how fickle the fans are and how short memory they have. A few goals from Pogba and it's all great. Can anybody tell me with a straight face that the performance against Southampton wasn't an intentional and blatant sabotage of not only the manager, but the entire team? He is a virus; a very skilled one and currently dormant, but a virus nonetheless.
Oh dear

Foxbatt

Jose himself got rid of Ikker Casillas and he managed to do that because he was winning with Real. If you are winning Manager stays. If you don't then if gets into a fight with the star player or many players it is more easy to replace one man than half the team. It is not rocket science. It has happened in the past and it will happen now and also in the future. It is logic.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It doesn't get more revisionist than what you said. You've been shit since SAF retired. Jose put you back in the Champions League second round two years in a row, after winning Europa in the first season; all of it after inheriting an utter mess. In his "failure" he cleared dead wood, brought top talent, and won you trophies (something that Klopp and Pochettino have not done to this day).
And there you have it! Not a Utd fan but definitely a Mourinho apologist!:lol:

Top talent??? :lol:Pogba,yes! but the rest?

You should be a comedian. Michael McIntire better watch out

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
While I think the Ed vs Mou feud started this past July-Aug, the bitter Pogba vs Mou feud started way earlier.

And it's obvious Pogba saw a chance to sack Mou this autumn and went for it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
While I think the Ed vs Mou feud started this past July-Aug, the bitter Pogba vs Mou feud started way earlier.

Which is why he went back early and played very well during the first months until an injury that saw him miss one month of football. Yup, obvious attempt to sack Mourinho.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

And if only it was true, it would make him a hero in my book, but alas it's all made-up bs with absolutely zero proof but plenty of examples to prove otherwise.

Rolaholic

He didn't clash with any of his Inter players except Balotelli who is a bigger bellend than him.
He fell with Quaresma as well but its telling that you need to go almost a decade back to for instances of Jose not completely burning down a dressing room.

The maverick Mourinho that won a treble and competed with Peps Barca is long gone and has been for years. He's been replaced by a dour and miserable shell of a once great manager

We need an rvn

I think one clear outcome from all this, as if we didn't know it already, is don't put a square peg in a round hole...and I'll putting aside the fact that Jose does need to be bigger than the players as that's just become obvious.

Pogba is thriving playing on the left mid, scoring and creating goals which we expected him to do. OGS has played him in the position that suits his style and giving him the respect and love the guy obviously still needs. Nothing wrong with people needing this too by the way. Jose was asking him to do things that meant his way of playing football that made him a success were strifled. Messi would not be the player he is if he was asked to play defensive football, track back more etc. You have to bring the best out of players of this quality by playing them where they do their damage and not try to change them

Get others in to fit around their genius

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Pogba was one of the two players (along with Martial) who was dragging us to victories a couple of months ago when it seemed Mourinho was about to be fired. He would have been fired back then if not for those two. Strange way to act if Pogba was actively going out of his way to make it happen.

Pogba was also, along with Shaw, our best player for the first month or two of the season. Yes he's also had poor periods, but this rubbish about him being poor all season really needs to end. Over the course of the entire season so far, he has been our best player.

Meanwhile Mourinho has spent the entire season going out of his way to pick fights with players, telling the world and the players themselves that they were shit, and playing stupid line-ups that were obviously done to try to make a point to Ed.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It doesn't get more revisionist than what you said. You've been shit since SAF retired. Jose put you back in the Champions League second round two years in a row, after winning Europa in the first season; all of it after inheriting an utter mess. In his "failure" he cleared dead wood, brought top talent, and won you trophies (something that Klopp and Pochettino have not done to this day).
Yeah, we should build him a statue outside.

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
And there you have it! Not a Utd fan but definitely a Mourinho apologist!:lol:

Top talent??? :lol:Pogba,yes! but the rest?

You should be a comedian. Michael McIntire better watch out
Name calling is the lowest and weakest form of argument.

Womp

idiot
Mourinho was a problem, I wouldn't say the problem though. Still got a lot to fix.