Mats Møller Dæhli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eirik Raude

Here are some quotes from the article.

Solskjaer:
- I have seen Mats several times before, including at the Statoil Academy in Kristiansund. In my opinion he is on par with the best talents at other European clubs in his age group. He has made a very good impression at United. They're going to put in a big effort on him, says Solskjaer.

Scout John Vik, the guy who tipped off United about Mats:
- I got a tip on four extraordinary talents in the Oslo area four years ago. I saw all of them several times and I thought Mats stood out already as a 12-year-old at Lyn.

- Mats has proven himself after he came to United. For the upcoming season, he is selected as one of three key players on the club's youth team, even though he's only 16 years old. Now we'll see how he can handle the responsibility. This may be the most important year of his career.

Mats himself:
- It is very close at United, we eat together with first team players and meet the stars all the time. Sometimes I'm training with Darren Fletcher and others on the reserve team. It's a bit unreal, but very exciting.

- I've got a great chance and I believe it is the right step for me. Even after three months I feel like a better ball player.

lysglimt

Scout
how has the lad done in the Milk cup for anyone whos watched the games?
I havent seen the matches - but he has apparently been our best player by those who have seen them.

Eirik Raude

So, what do you lads think about Mats now that you have seen a bit more of him? He turns 17 in March, and I believe he should be offered a professional contract here. In the games I've seen, he has clearly stood out as one of the best players of this generation of youngsters, together with Barmby.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
IMO He's a nailed on to get a professional contract.

Eirik Raude

Here's a few quotes from an article written in Norwegian today. Sorry for the bad translation, it's google and I couldn't be arsed to spend much time making it better.

Solskjær: - They are very happy with him there. I have spoken with Paul McGuinness and Jim Ryan, who controls the U18 team and reserve team coach Warren Joyce. They describe him as a positive guy, and there are never any problems. Matt knows he is privileged, and he's just trying to gobble up all the learning. It's funny that he took a chance and it is fun to watch, says Solskjaer to Nettavisen.

He let Dæhli train with Molde in the summer, and says that they talked a lot when the offer from United came on board.

- I have been to see him in Manchester and I was a half way conversation partner for him when he got the offer from United. He is a very thoughtful and sensible young man, that I get many good reports on. I already saw at the Statoil Academy two years ago that he has everything it takes to become a good footballer, Solskjaer said.
Eikrem: - He is one of the best I've seen. He has all the possibilities, and is a very talented boy, who is un-Norwegian in the style of play. He trained with us this summer, and he did very well. But he is very young, and I do not want to put any extra pressure on him, said Eikrem.
Jason Freeman: - He struggled a bit at first, but it is understandable considering that he had moved to a new country as a young boy. But he showed glimpses of talent right away, and this season he has been terrific. In the games I have seen, he has been so good that it is difficult to understand that he is only 16 years, says Freeman Nettavisen.

- He has great close control and eye for the game. In addition, he is technically gifted, especially for his age. He needs to improve on a lot of things, but that is only natural for a boy of 16 years. If he puts down the work it takes, I think he can be one of the best players in Europe, predicts Freeman.

Freeman, who's almost always present in United's youth games, says that Dæhli impressed when United's U18 team played the FA Youth Cup game against Derby two weeks ago.

United won the match 2-1, and Dæhli was the architect of the attack which earned United a penalty and the decisive goal.

- That day Alex Ferguson was in the stands, and it is said that he came into the locker room at halftime. Ferguson has not talked about him to the press, but it is understood that the entire coaching staff has a high opinion of Dæhli and expect great things from him, says Freeman.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
So, what do you lads think about Mats now that you have seen a bit more of him? He turns 17 in March, and I believe he should be offered a professional contract here. In the games I've seen, he has clearly stood out as one of the best players of this generation of youngsters, together with Barmby.
He's so small - hope he grows a bit. He's very tricky on the ball. I think down the line people will say 'he holds onto it too long' but at the moment he tends to make things happen. His low center of gravity makes it's difficult to get the ball of him. I think he will be offered a professional contract. He's shown good consistency. I'm looking forward to seeing him evolve.

Eirik Raude

He's so small - hope he grows a bit. He's very tricky on the ball. I think down the line people will say 'he holds onto it too long' but at the moment he tends to make things happen. His low center of gravity makes it's difficult to get the ball of him. I think he will be offered a professional contract. He's shown good consistency. I'm looking forward to seeing him evolve.
I agree. Of course there is a lot of improvement to be done if he is to make it here, but for his age I think he's very impressive. People were complaining about Ronaldo holding onto the ball too long as well, and we all know how that turned out (without comparison).

Girish II

He's one I enjoy watching the most. Very mature on the ball for his age, incredibly exciting prospect.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
A few more years, and hopefully we'll see him on loan to Molde if OGS is still around :drool: Got very high hopes for this kid!

Cold_Boy

Pretty stupid but a harmless question: Who looks a better prospect? Janujaz or Daehli?

Eirik Raude

Pretty stupid but a harmless question: Who looks a better prospect? Janujaz or Daehli?
I think Dæhlie is looking more complete, but Januzaj probably has more extreme skills with the ball, at least that's the impression I have after watching most of the matches this season. Both lads clearly has huge talent and potential, and it will be exciting to see how they develop.

IL_DUCE

MMD has signed a professional contract with Manchester United today. I love it!!!
He is 17 years old today, Happy Birthday!

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Great news and well deserved. Exciting times ahead for Mads now.

Recent events have taught us to be careful these days when judging a players character but you can't help but get the impression Mads love every minute of being at the club.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Wasn't he guaranteed a pro contract when we signed him? Good news anyway seems like quite a prospect

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
In the reserve squad for tonight's game against WBA along with James Wilson.

Would be great to see him getting some minutes in the same team as Petrucci, Keane, Lingard and Tunnicliffe.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
He was the best player versus Charlton, reminds me of a little Modric... The future looks promising!

RyanGoggs

In the reserves at 17 (well the bench) that's pretty good going. Looks like he may be fast tracked slightly and will hopefully get a few chances with the reserves this season.

The Neviller

@AndersonGMF: Norwegian starlet Mats Daehli pens professional contract at Manchester United - snubs Ajax & Bayern Munich! Read... Premier League | Give Me Football
That article doesn't make any sense. It makes it sound like he's just left Lyn and signed for us in the last week. He's been in our academy for ages on a youth contract, and had agreed a professional deal, to be signed on his 17th birthday, when he came initially. Shit reporting.

Eirik Raude

Mats is with the Norwegian U18 squad at the moment, where he said the following in an interview.

– My dream is to become a regular in the Manchester United midfield.

– I got to train with Paul Scholes when he was preparing for his comeback, and it is of course fantastic to be able to play with big boys like that.

– Manchester United has always been my team, and to be a part of this now is just amazing.

RyanGoggs

– I got to train with Paul Scholes when he was preparing for his comeback, and it is of course fantastic to be able to play with big boys like that.

Poor choice of words....Reminds me of a certain picture :nervous:

Eirik Raude

I don't think he spends any more time with the national team than any other youngster that is playing for his national team. It's not like he's missing huge parts of the season because of the national team call ups. So far he's played a lot of games for us, even made his debut for the reserves, and hasn't had any serious injuries. All experience is good experience.

Eirik Raude

Top 100 talents in the world 2012

Number 99 on that list is our very own Mats Møller Dæhli. They describe him in the following way:

Hailed as one of Norway’s most naturally gifted players for a decade he has been described as a mix between Lionel Messi and Xavi due to his style. Already capped at Under-17 level by Norway, there are great expectations on the young Norwegian. Signing for Manchester United in 2011 he rejected the advances from Ajax and Bayern Munich and what was even more surprising about the move to Old Trafford is that the talented teenager had only months before signed for Premier League side Stabaek from FC Lyn. With excellent movement, vision and range of passing, Daehli signed his first professional deal in March after turning 17. The Oslo born teenager enjoyed an impressive Milk Cup campaign and is part of the academy side hoping to retain the club’s FA Youth Cup. He has already featured at reserve level for the Red Devils when he came on as a substitute in the 1-0 defeat to West Brom.

MPTutd

I was enjoying read some of them until I read that Van Velsen is likened to Christino Ronaldo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.