Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It isn’t as simple as that. It’s the Manchester United job on a bloody plate. He’s at PSG. It’s a non-competition.

Yes, this is a United-forum, but please put aside your red-tinted glasses, for just a moment.

The market for trainers is barren as it is, who else is going to deny him in the summer if he really wants it?

If he really wants the job he'll get it in the summer unless Carrick stears United to CL-final or some shit, which won't happen, come on.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It isn’t as simple as that. It’s the Manchester United job on a bloody plate. He’s at PSG. It’s a non-competition.
A non competition he managed to loose, what a performance.

tomaldinho1

"WAAH our club is so much bigger"

Doesn't matter, your club could be infinitely much bigger, leaving mid-season like that is silly, plain and simple(if it happens).
Why? Regardless of it being Man United, there are many reasons a manager might want to move mid season.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The market for trainers right now is completely barren, even though Zidane is technically available, he doesn't want the job, seems pretty clear.

There is no one available anyway, maybe Hag? There is no one to really deny him the job in the summer anyway, in all likelihood.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Its quite simple, one the one hand you have a league title wrapped up, and a decent shot at the CL with incredible talents like Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and Verratti.

On the other hand you have.....a trainwreck that needs fixing, no real chances at a trophy? And yeah, the club is much bigger, but its simple, just wait until summer considering the job market for quality coaches is barren right now.

If he really comes to you right now, he must really hate life in Paris.

Its quite simple, one the one hand you have a league title wrapped up, and a decent shot at the CL with incredible talents like Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and Verratti.
A decent shot? He’s joint 3rd favorite with Liverpool and feck me that’s kind, Liverpool would wipe the floor with them.
PSG aren’t winning the CL, if he’s staying to put all his eggs in that basket, he’ll end up with it on his face.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Tuchel did a better job at that last season to be fair.
PSG is 1 point behind the 1st place when he leaves so i'd say they both did an equally bad job. The thing is, Tuchel had the excuse of coaching a team that only had a 1 week holiday break after the CL final plus a covid outbreak. Pochettino showed up and barely seemed to know the players he was supposed to coach.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
A decent shot? He’s joint 3rd favorite with Liverpool and feck me that’s kind, Liverpool would wipe the floor with them.
PSG aren’t winning the CL, if he’s staying to put all his eggs in that basket, he’ll end up with it on his face.
Beat City not long ago, just by some individual moments alone.

The potential in this PSG-side is great, just because they were a meme in the league last season made you all forget they had a semi and a final in the last two years of CL?

They have about as good of a chance as any to win the CL, no matter how much you whine about it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's obviously not enjoying it there for whatever reason.

In fairness they had a tricky draw last season. Beating Bayern Munich was a very good achievement but didn't play that well v Man. City.

Will probably muddle through until the summer and then leave.

tomaldinho1

Saying goodbye to trophies? I guess there is that.
They are an outside bet for the CL and I doubt he feels winning Ligue 1 will define him...
I'll go out on a limb and say City will win tomorrow, we'll win and get CL KO qualification and his wife will call him and promise a blozza if he moves back to England. Deal done.

Beat City not long ago, just by some individual moments alone.

The potential in this PSG-side is great, just because they were a meme in the league last season made you all forget they had a semi and a final in the last two years of CL?

They have about as good of a chance as any to win the CL, no matter how much you whine about it.
I’m forgetting nothing, neither City nor PSG have ever even won a single CL, despite all the money in the World and throwing everything at it. Are you forgetting that?
Let’s also remember the great SAF won just 2.
It’s fecking hard to win, and PSG are not one of the top favourites.
Staying at a club for that slim chance of a CL alone is “silly”.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If he doesn’t want to be there, and Zidane is willing I think PSG would be more than happy to cut ties.

Didn’t Tuchel leave in the French winter break? I could see something similar happening here.
Oh, if Zidane is willing, it's done tomorrow. I just don't think that's the case right now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Pochettino would be the first manager we’ve hired since Fergie, that I would be genuinely excited about. Feeling we are getting a top coach, with tactical acumen relevant to the current era of football.

Moyes - Nobody was excited about this. The hope was he would provide a sense of continuity for the reigning champions. But he ripped out the whole back room team from day one, and despite being a good manager, proved to be a small club coach and a massive club.

Van Gaal - I think everyone felt that this was a radical departure away from the past. A methodical tactician of yesteryear. A man I have tremendous affection for and who is a legend of the game. But the feeling was always that his time had passed, despite a late Renaissance at the World Cup. So it proved.

Mourinho - Another step in a completely different direction, and another rebuild. Came with a history of success but also questions about whether the game had now moved beyond him. And again, so it proved. Create a toxic atmosphere.

Solksjaer - Mr Feel Good. Was seen as a plucky, happy guy to breathe some positivity back into the squad. Overachieved versus his expectations and found himself on full time. Only manager since Fergie to finish top four in back to back seasons but always had question marks over his experience and tactical acumen. Oversaw another rebuild.

Looking at that list, Poch would be the first where I felt genuinely excited about what he would bring.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
They are an outside bet for the CL and I doubt he feels winning Ligue 1 will define him...
I'll go out on a limb and say City will win tomorrow, we'll win and get CL KO qualification and his wife will call him and promise a blozza if he moves back to England. Deal done.
But thats the CL ffs, there is no straight favorite to win it, with very few exceptions, PSG still has a better chance to win it than everybody else except like 2-3 other teams imo.

Sometimes for me it feels like RM broke people in terms of what to expect in football, and i really do mean that, its not normal to win CL every other year in a decade(well, 4 in 10), it was an abnormal side, and a good few moments of luck on the way.

Not winning the CL is now seen automatically as a failure if you coach a top club, but i don't see it that way, it was traditionally the most difficult trophy to obtain, and i do believe it will be that way in the future again.

But thats the CL ffs, there is no straight favorite to win it, with very few exceptions, PSG still has a better chance to win it than everybody else except like 2-3 other teams imo.

Sometimes for me it feels like RM broke people in terms of what to expect in football, and i really do mean that, its not normal to win CL every other year in a decade(well, 4 in 6), it was an abnormal side, and a good few moments of luck on the way.

Not winning the CL is now seen automatically as a failure if you coach a top club, but i don't see it that way, it was traditionally the most difficult trophy to obtain, and i do believe it will be that way in the future again.
Hence why you don’t bet your future as a manager on winning it for feck’s sake, you’re arguing against yourself.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Pochettino would be the first manager we’ve hired since Fergie, that I would be genuinely excited about. Feeling we are getting a top coach, with tactical acumen relevant to the current era of football.

Moyes - Nobody was excited about this. The hope was he would provide a sense of continuity for the reigning champions. But he ripped out the whole back room team from day one, and despite being a good manager, proved to be a small club coach and a massive club.

Van Gaal - I think everyone felt that this was a radical departure away from the past. A methodical tactician of yesteryear. A man I have tremendous affection for and who is a legend of the game. But the feeling was always that his time had passed, despite a late Renaissance at the World Cup. So it proved.

Mourinho - Another step in a completely different direction, and another rebuild. Came with a history of success but also questions about whether the game had now moved beyond him. And again, so it proved. Create a toxic atmosphere.

Solksjaer - Mr Feel Good. Was seen as a plucky, happy guy to breathe some positivity back into the squad. Overachieved versus his expectations and found himself on full time. Only manager since Fergie to finish top four in back to back seasons but always had question marks over his experience and tactical acumen. Oversaw another rebuild.

Looking at that list, Poch would be the first where I felt genuinely excited about what he would bring.
I was the same until I started reading and watching more about Poch. Fans opinions etc. I'm not sure the tactics are there, there's not a defined approach or style. He's certainly an upgrade. Maybe even a good one. But I'm not seeing him lasting more than 2/3 years.

Rather we invested in a dof/manager duo that want to implement a culture/system based on tactical methods and not personality or united way vagueness.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It'll be better than Ole but one trophy in a decade of management, it being a cup in a piss-take league. Doesn't exactly fill me with giddyness.

tomaldinho1

Sometimes for me it feels like RM broke people in terms of what to expect in football, and i really do mean that, its not normal to win CL every other year in a decade(well, 4 in 10), it was an abnormal side, and a good few moments of luck on the way.

Not sure why you've gone off on a tangent re the CL and expectations, I'm just saying if he's looking at the situation rationally I doubt he cares about Ligue 1 and so, is it worth staying somewhere he's reportedly unhappy to simply be in with a shot of the CL? Of course all managers would want to win that but 1) I think he knows the issues his team have and it won't change because he can't drop certain players 2) Leonardo 3) geography & family 4) United is (and appreciate we have rose tinted specs here but it's true) far more prestigious and in a far better league.

Also, if United get CL knockouts, are we really that far behind PSG if you simply think of favourites? For me you have a small group of elite teams Pool, Chelsea, City, Bayern.......then a gap to PSG....then Real, Juve, United and then the rest like Porto, Sporting, Ajax and crippled Barca. Get a goo draw and I can easily see a weaker team getting to the semis.

Dominos

Surely PSG don't want Poch going into the game on Wednesday with the players knowing he's literally gone the next morning :lol:

Wilt

Not sure what to believe nowadays but things could get nasty for Poch if PSG fans turn against him, which in turn may speed up his exit?

Things must be bad if he wants out before securing Ligue1 title, also PSG are one of the favs for the CL. Surely PSG will try to talk him out of it.

slored1

He made dross like Sissoko, Winks, Davies, Dier and Alli look competent. He will make us good again. Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.