Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Do you honestly think we've been signings players without the manager's wanting them?
Van Gaal has said 3rd,4th choice signings was brought in compared to what he wanted. Jose didn't get what he wanted either if he had a choice I doubt he'd sign Pogba. Solskjaer was just happy by whoever Woodward and Judge brought in and would tell the media it was "fantastic"

Blood Mage

Messi, Neymar and Mbappe refuse to press, probably a big reason why Poch wants out of there. He'll have issues with Ronaldo here too but at least he's just one player.

bosskeano

not easy coaching messi, neymar and mbappe....one noticeable difference in the build up play b/w these two

city use their forwards to get involved in the build up where as those 3 up top for PSG just stay around the back four and wait for the ball to be brought to them

Terminator

Messi, Neymar and Mbappe refuse to press, probably a big reason why Poch wants out of there. He'll have issues with Ronaldo here too but at least he's just one player.
Agree with this.

His Southampton and Spurs teams used to outrun every other team in the league almost every season, his whole managerial identity is based on a high press.

MUFromLTU

Pochs playstyle looks same to Ole's from past 2 seasons, pass around at back and hope for counters, shouldn't take long for players to adapt.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
complaining about probably the 3 best players not pressing as a train for not playing well is distressing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And Rashford, Sancho, Martial? Even Greenwood? Our attackers all fall in bottom percentiles for pressures per 90. It remains to be seen if that’s because they don’t want to/are lazy bastards, or it was simply a lack of coaching that made them not do it.

Amir

Van Gaal has said 3rd,4th choice signings was brought in compared to what he wanted. Jose didn't get what he wanted either if he had a choice I doubt he'd sign Pogba. Solskjaer was just happy by whoever Woodward and Judge brought in and would tell the media it was "fantastic"
Yes, LVG said he got some of his 3rd-4th choice picks. Again - HIS PICKS. You don't always get your the first choice picks. He wanted Thomas Muller, for instance. That was never going to happen. He still got players HE listed as options.

Mourinho got plenty of what he wanted. Not everyone - no one gets everyone - but a lot. He made something like nine major signings in just over two years.. Deciding he wouldn't have signed Pogba just because you think so doesn't mean United actually force players on managers.

As for Solskjaer just being happy with signings others made, again, it's not based on any fact.

lilcurt

Feel it's hard to judge him on PSG. He had three forwards who all want to be 'the man' and don't play for the team. He simply can't have a gameplan or press. Messi had made improbable job, impossible.

always_hoping

Utter utter bollocks, Mourinho desperately wanted Pogba.
Raiola even claimed Jose wanted him the season before at Chelsea.
Far from bollocks, the majority of Mourinho choice signings are as hard working off the ball as on it. Raiola claimed, knock yourself out if you want to believe anything that repulsive person says .

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Tuchel came out and complained about the players at psg. I can see Pochettino doing the same when his time is up there. I can see why rumors are coming out that Manchester united, city and Newcastle are trying to save him from that circus. It will take an amazing amount of effort to have this team looking functional. Not even pep or klopp can do it because they love the pressing game. Perhaps Zidane is the one ideal for them.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This game is a weird feeling. On one hand, you can’t beat a city by out possessing them like a Ten Hag philosophy would try. On the other hand, you can’t try to counter like Poch is trying here and letting so much space between players for City to pass their way to goal.

It’s kind of weird but Ole did better against this lot last season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes, LVG said he got some of his 3rd-4th choice picks. Again - HIS PICKS. You don't always get your the first choice picks. He wanted Thomas Muller, for instance. That was never going to happen. He still got players HE listed as options.

Mourinho got plenty of what he wanted. Not everyone - no one gets everyone - but a lot. He made something like nine major signings in just over two years.. Deciding he wouldn't have signed Pogba just because you think so doesn't mean United actually force players on managers.

As for Solskjaer just being happy with signings others made, again, it's not based on any fact.
When Pogba was linked with Chelsea, Mourinho said that everyone is interested in Pogba but that you can't have everything you want, he then compared him with the Eiffel Tower. I bet people have a theory about how he didn't really want him at Chelsea and just said these things for show.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
PSG look all over the place to be honest, don't see much of a difference to current United side especially off the ball. Would be interested to play them.

lsd

The Oracle
Really don't want him.

Starting to really hate our fanbase. Pochettino is not even here yet and anyway the hate in this forum is getting to the toxic level under Ole.

All because hipsters can't accept the fact we may not take their hero.

HailtotheKing

PSG look all over the place to be honest, don't see much of a difference to current United side especially off the ball. Would be interested to play them.
They have the same problem as us except they have 3 of them. 3 forwards that don't work properly for the team. You can just about get away with 1 but not 3.
But if we played them, we'd be massacred. Too much individual quality.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I understand they're through but his approach has gone very Mourinho like. Park the bus then hope and pray that one of the famous players scores.

(And just as I type this Mbappe has scored).

Amira

the football has been significantly better in the second half to be fair.

Amira

Starting to really hate our fanbase. Pochettino is not even here yet and anyway the hate in this forum is getting to the toxic level under Ole.

All because hipsters can't accept the fact we may not take their hero.
All this because he doesn’t want him?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We were so bad under Ole and yet most of the players still respected him, including Ronaldo. They were willing to work for him, just looking confused. PSG forward lines are dickheads and will refuse to respect any manager I reckon. When Tuchel and Poch struggled with the players then its the players. Tuchel left them and won the CL. Dont let PSG cloud your judgement when it comes into managers, learn from Tuchel or regret it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
They have the same problem as us except they have 3 of them. 3 forwards that don't work properly for the team. You can just about get away with 1 but not 3.
But if we played them, we'd be massacred. Too much individual quality.
That is possible and very likely, but their general play doesn't look convincing and their forwards rarely get the ball. But that might be City pressing working like a kryptonite.

"Really hate our fanbase because they don't agree with me."

Imagine happy clapping for a manager who isn't even here yet (and hopefully never will be).

Support our maybe-perhaps-possible future manager or you're not a real fan.

Zoo

He’s livid here. Kyle Walker allowed to coast in because their forwards won’t do any work tracking back. Get out of there Poch.

Irwin99

As others have said, I honestly have no idea if Poch will be good for us but I think people shouldn't judge him too harsh whatever happens at PSG. Looks a horrible club to manage despite all the great players and you've got a manger who previously made his name and style of football synonymous with intense work ethic having to manage this lot. I bet he'd be far happier with this group of players who, in spite of what some might argue, looked pretty much on good terms with Ole even through the many crisis points we endured under him.

L1nk

You can see for that goal there, Messi is just strolling around near Kyle Walker, absolutely no intention of putting pressure on him, it's a complete mismatch for Pochettino to be there, impossible to implement his style on the team when you have passengers who just wanna stroll around, and i'm sure he's had a word from upstairs that he has to play the likes of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe all the time

hobbers

How dare a manager turn up at the Etihad and get his team playing with over 35% possession.

lsd

The Oracle
All this because he doesn’t want him?

I haven't said who I wanted in fact I voted for Marco Rose in the poll. However given a choice of Pochettino or Ten Hag I would go with Poch as he is younger and more proven.

Whoever we get though i will support them same as I have always done.

Status
Not open for further replies.