Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I always wondered how he would do with a big budget, then psg didn’t work out but yes that’s a unique situation with all the stars there. Who knows. But Enrique would do great in England, Nagelsman i believe so but who knows
How many coaches have these worked out for? Excel in a mid tier club flop massively when big budgets are thrown at them. Emery, Ole, Kovac

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They have at least 10 players they can sell to create a budget. Maybe even 15 if they use our youth players next year.

Poch, seriously, the owners must be gluttons for punishment.

RVN1991

Sure, Interview multiple people, but Poch! Seriously? Mere rumours of him linking with United gave many here panic attack.
You're acting as if he's Ole or Lampard. Good manager, maybe not in the absolute top tier but nevertheless they've gone with way worse appointments in the past. Doubt they hire him in the end anyway.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Intriguing.

This looks highly likely by the sounds of it
Nagelsmann seems to have been the front runner the entire time but Poch has essentially replaced Enrique as one of the main candidates.

Telsim

Yes, get him! How Chelsea operate under Boehly is not much different than PSG. It will be beautiful! And he won't endear himself to Spurs fans either. :lol:

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I highly doubt he'll actually come but even the fact the club are talking to him is cause for concern. An absolute nothing manager.

Nagelsmann should be way ahead of Poch in the running. Hell, I'd even take Enrique ahead of him and he's a manager I don't even rate that highly.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Sure, Interview multiple people, but Poch! Seriously? Mere rumours of him linking with United gave many here panic attack.
Yeah. Really not enamored with any of them. At least you guys got excited of the possibility of ETH. I just don’t get that with any of them. Poch will cement our place as another Spurs, Enrique is overrated and I don’t think Nagelsmann is right for the sheer complexity of this job.

I think whoever they hire is going to have a really difficult beginning. They may lay ground work for the future but I don’t see them staying to see it through sadly.

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
Yeah. Really not enamored with any of them. At least you guys got excited of the possibility of ETH. I just don’t get that with any of them. Poch will cement our place as another Spurs, Enrique is overrated and I don’t think Nagelsmann is right for the sheer complexity of this job.

I think whoever they hire is going to have a really difficult beginning. They may lay ground work for the future but I don’t see them staying to see it through sadly.
I beg to differ. I actually rate all the coaches been interviewed more than ETH at worse equal. Don't let the crowd fool you. Nagelsmann achieved more than ETH with a less fancy team Liepzig and Poch beat ETH with less fancy Spurs to get to Champions league final against the best Ajax team ETH assembled. Both will win Dutch league with Ajax because they have proven it by winning with Bayern and PSG both the dominant team in respective leagues. In EPL Poch achieved more than ETH with less fancy Spurs with shoe string. Enrique well above and i think he is waiting for City Job if Pep leaves given the Barcelona connection at the club.
Therefore i don't see how ETH is better than them. Don't be fooled by ranting by fans that they are inferior because they are not.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I beg to differ. I actually rate all the coaches been interviewed more than ETH at worse equal. Don't let the crowd fool you. Nagelsmann achieved more than ETH with a less fancy team Liepzig and Poch beat ETH with less fancy Spurs to get to Champions league final against the best Ajax team ETH assembled. Both will win Dutch league with Ajax because they have proven it by winning with Bayern and PSG both the dominant team in respective leagues. In EPL Poch achieved more than ETH with less fancy Spurs with shoe string. Enrique well above and i think he is waiting for City Job if Pep leaves given the Barcelona connection at the club.
Therefore i don't see how ETH is better than them. Don't be fooled by ranting by fans that they are inferior because they are not.
What the hell is this. We're now deliberately ignoring the latest (and therefore most relevant) evidence?

Back on topic, I'd rather hire Xabi Alonso than Pochettino

BerryBerryShrew

There was talk of Gallardo at one point but that seems to have died away. He would be a very interesting appointment.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There was talk of Gallardo at one point but that seems to have died away. He would be a very interesting appointment.
He would have been very interesting but I don’t think he speaks English. Enzo would have been fighting father son allegations if he ever had a poor game under Gallardo though :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
kompany, poch, nagelsman [now out] and one other are the remaining 4 candidates . i think the 4th is gallardo or spalletti

slored1

He is a good manager but this Chelsea project is a poisoned chalice. The squad is too big and the players are not that good anyway.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
some talk nagelsman didn't want to compete with other candidates and walked away with the understanding poch was likely getting it.

not sure on ththat rumour tbh

iKnowNothing

Think this Chelsea squad actually suits Poch's philosophy - with some reinforcement up front.
Kane to Chelsea rumors will start soon enough then? I guess Boehly dealing with Levy will be a spectacle in itself.

I also want to see if Poch gets players he wants. Would be funny if he ends up having to stick with the current players without having to bring in a lot of reinforcements.

Last edited:

BerryBerryShrew

Kane to Chelsea rumors will start soon enough then? I guess Boehly dealing with Levy will be a spectacle in itself.
You mean Levy placing a unrealistically inflated price on Kane that nobody should be stupid enough to even dream of paying and Boehly immediately paying it without even attempting to negotiate? It wouldn't be a drawn out saga but Kane himself wouldn't agree to it.

Swedish_Plumber

The spurs friends I have will be heartbroken if he goes there. Told me for years he’d never go to Barca cause of his Espanyol connections…

Castia

Pochettino or Nagelsmann means the rest of the PL have nothing to worry about and nothing will change. Bring it on.
Did a good job at Bayern and no doubt will be at a top club next

He lost 3 games all season and was on for a treble, since he left they’ve been knocked out of 2 trophies and won 1 in 5 games they’ve fecked up massively and I’m sure Khan or somebody high up at Bayern will lose their job because of that

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ancelotti go to Brazil and Nagelsmann at Real this summer

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
You mean Levy placing a unrealistically inflated price on Kane that nobody should be stupid enough to even dream of paying and Boehly immediately paying it without even attempting to negotiate? It wouldn't be a drawn out saga but Kane himself wouldn't agree to it.
Don’t necessarily think Kane would straight up reject it. But it would never get to that position. Levy doesn’t sell to us, we gave them a decent offer for Modric, he begged to come and Levy just kept saying no. Pretty sure we offer more than Madrid and they came in much much later too but the rest is history on that. For you guys it’s a little different, he would just put an outrageous valuation, we’ve never even got that far in negotiations with Levy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nagelsmann did not achieve more than ETH at Leipzig at all and Spurs win over Ajax was a massive fluke anyway, and even then the disproportion between the budget of both clubs at the time was vast. Ajax completely outplayed them in London and were cruising at home before the major collapse in the second half, it was a freak result.

Comparing Poch’s decade long PL career with ETH’s 8 months and passing a definite judgment on who did better is just lunacy of highest order.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I think that will be an excellent appointment, assuming that wacko owner lets him do his job
It did take him a while to get going at Spurs. I know the Spurs squad was pretty weak to begin with when he took over but he isn't going to get much time at Chelsea.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wonder why Nagelsmann withdrawn. The best choice for them would be Enrique if he wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.