g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Outside of GK and defenders, their players are too similar with each other, there's a lack of creativity and diversity.
Poch might be a good manager but he is not a miracle worker.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Outside of GK and defenders, their players are too similar with each other, there's a lack of creativity and diversity.
Poch might be a good manager but he is not a miracle worker.
I don't know we will transform the creativity we showed in preseason games into league games but if we do we will be good.

There is enough creativity in our squad and diversity too. We move the ball with pace and urgency. Attack the box in numbers,have width.Improved a lot in setpieces too in defense and offence.

Of course it's still preseason games only. But we liked what we saw in preseason in that sense we did have enough creativity. We can't give opinion about how we fair in pl before real games started. So far it's refreshing.

Still we will remove some deadwoods and will add two to three players.

You will see when we will meet liverpool in season opener where we are. You are welcome to say your opinion after that.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Champ is a poor poster and has a huge dislike for Pochettino. He just saying second because he knows that such a placement is unachievable with this chelsea squad and when that doesn't happen he will say Pochettino failed. Every reasonable poster says chelsea should finish around 5th or 4th. That should be this chelsea squad aim especially if they bring in better talents for the first team.
I put Chelsea #1 in the prediction thread :D

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Champ is a poor poster and has a huge dislike for Pochettino. He just saying second because he knows that such a placement is unachievable with this chelsea squad and when that doesn't happen he will say Pochettino failed. Every reasonable poster says chelsea should finish around 5th or 4th. That should be this chelsea squad aim especially if they bring in better talents for the first team.
Thanks mate, means a lot coming from potentially the biggest troll on this forum.

I guess I have a bit more faith in Chelsea and Poch turning up than you, which is quite ironic really.

But that's fine, you get your excuses in for your idol, if that helps you soften the blow later down the line.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Fair enough. I hear you. I don't think I would go quite that far in having us above Arsenal, but you never know. I think what most of us are thinking is, yes it's a talented squad but it's also a nearly brand new group of players. Nkunku, Jackson, Maatsen, Colwill, Gusto, Santos, Disasi have all joined the team for the first time, and then you have Enzo, Mudryk, Badiashile etc who are only 6 months in. Sterling and Cucurella are one of the longest serving members of the squad now at 12 months :lol:

I also think it's fairly normal for fans to play down expectations in case the team doesn't live up to the hype. I know Arsenal fans were at it during the season, so I think there's probably a bit of that going on too.

Poch has said the aim is to compete for the title. I think a top 5 finish is a good expectation to set for now. What I'm hoping for is that we take the league by storm and actually compete for the title.
To say Sterling is one of the longest serving seniors is pretty damning I guess, shows how much transformation has taken place in the squad since the new owner came in!

I guess most fans are pessimistic, and I guess Chelsea fans even more so after last season's debacle.

Whatever happens with Chelsea under Poch, I don't think you'll be seeing a repeat of last season, which can only be a good thing!!

acnumber9

Did he? He only surpassed AVB's points total twice. With a better team as well. Can't even really say he got them deeper into competitions either, because they reached two finals. One in his first season, and one in his last full season.
I would say so. They qualified for the Champions League four years running. They’d qualified once before and once since. Also a little disingenuous to say he didn’t get them further in cups when they did and one of them was the Champions League.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Thanks mate, means a lot coming from potentially the biggest troll on this forum.

I guess I have a bit more faith in Chelsea and Poch turning up than you, which is quite ironic really.

But that's fine, you get your excuses in for your idol, if that helps you soften the blow later down the line.
He likes to set expectations very low for Pochettino so he can brag when he exceeds them. He actually considered winning Ligue 1 with PSG as an amazing achievement because they lost to Lille the season before (under Pochettino too).

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
To say Sterling is one of the longest serving seniors is pretty damning I guess, shows how much transformation has taken place in the squad since the new owner came in!
Yeah. Only Kepa, Silva, James and Chilwell still remain of our CL-winning squad in 2021. Some of the academy lads like Maatsen, Colwill, Chalobah, Hall, Gallagher and Broja were at the club but were nowhere near the first team at the time.

It really has been a massive rebuild in such a short amont of time and I don't think I've ever seen any other top side go through something like that on a similar time scale. And the current squad is really young too, as apart from Silva who's on his last legs the only outfield players aged 25 or older are Sterling (28), Chilwell (26), Nkunku (25), Cucurella (25) and Disasi (25). After that it's a bunch of kids born in 2000 or later.

Howl

I would say so. They qualified for the Champions League four years running. They’d qualified once before and once since. Also a little disingenuous to say he didn’t get them further in cups when they did and one of them was the Champions League.
The league was stronger pre-Poch, and I would say the biggest reason they aren't making the champions league is due to Levy. Had they replaced Poch adequately, or just signed half decent players they would have been in the champions league. Now I'm not saying he did a bad job at Tottenham or that he's a bad manager. I think he's a very good manager. but for a tier two side with low expectations. I do however, think this appointment will prove unfruitful and that they would have been better off picking up someone who's on the up and not someone who's arguably on the decline, and was never a trophy winner anyway.

acnumber9

The league was stronger pre-Poch, and I would say the biggest reason they aren't making the champions league is due to Levy. Had they replaced Poch adequately, or just signed half decent players they would have been in the champions league. Now I'm not saying he did a bad job at Tottenham or that he's a bad manager. I think he's a very good manager. but for a tier two side with low expectations. I do however, think this appointment will prove unfruitful and that they would have been better off picking up someone who's on the up and not someone who's arguably on the decline, and was never a trophy winner anyway.
But Pochettino also had to deal with Levy. I think you’re being a little unkind but time will tell how he does at Chelsea. He certainly has a lot to prove.

Matt851

Poch is a far better manager than many on here seem willing to admit, he will massively improve chelsea

Chief123

They’ll spend another £200m before the window closes then Poch will be sacked by Christmas.

Zoo

Liverpool have exposed his baffling decision to play Conor Gallagher as a holding midfielder @Amadaeus

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
he’s united through and through. we had a bit of private back and forth a few weeks back and i posed the exact same question to him, probing him expertly on united. here’s some extracts from our conversation-
:lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
he’s united through and through. we had a bit of private back and forth a few weeks back and i posed the exact same question to him, probing him expertly on united. here’s some extracts from our conversation-

Real Name

The bit about Fergie is golden.

Joel Miller

He has the positions of the home and away dugouts reversed. That’ll ensure top 4!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Terrible squad and this bum isn't capable of handling expectations at big clubs.
Seems a bit reactionary, they have a very good squad. At least, by when the window finishes. Playing quite well.

Castia

Always been a big Poch fan I think he’s a top manager but he’s got his work cut out here

That squad is just 20 players thrown together with little to no long term plan it’s a right mess

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Always been a big Poch fan I think he’s a top manager but he’s got his work cut out here

That squad is just 20 players thrown together with little to no long term plan it’s a right mess
Wrong account Wolfgang

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Missed this. Top notch stuff :lol:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

I can't tell if he's trolling.

Andersons Dietician

Be interested to see how much time he gets to build out this squad. There is clearly very good talents there but it doesn‘t feel quite like a team yet and how are they going to set up when they get the midfielder and options in.

Does seem like a big job ahead for him,

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Liverpool have exposed his baffling decision to play Conor Gallagher as a holding midfielder @Amadaeus
Huh? Chelsea has been by far the best team in the first half. Even with a squad that is weaker than his opponent and doesn't have the right chemistry.

Also poch has no other experience option than Conor or Sterling. Perhaps you can make an argument that he should start kids who played 0 minutes in the premier league like Santos and maatsen, but you will be labeled a fool. But if Sterling and Conor keeps playing like that, I won't be surprised if he is forced to play kids. That is why he requested signings. The boards has let him down

Rockets Redglare

Huh? Chelsea has been by far the best team in the first half. Even with a squad that is weaker than his opponent and doesn't have the right chemistry.

Also poch has no other experience option than Conor or Sterling. Perhaps you can make an argument that he should start kids who played 0 minutes in the premier league like Santos and maatsen, but you will be labeled a fool. But if Sterling and Conor keeps playing like that, I won't be surprised if he is forced to play kids. That is why he requested signings. The boards has let him down
Conor.

Status
Not open for further replies.