Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

Congratulations on the draw @Amadaeus Pochettino. Caicedo in now along with another midfielder, a new striker, left winger, right winger, left wingback, new sports physicists, accountants, and some hot female masseurs for optimal recovery, and we'll have this Chelsea team challenging for the title any time!

How is a United fan so obsessed with Chelsea and Pochettino, by the way?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I will never get over that one. The audacity to compare Mbappe with Mudryk is comical.

I still maintain you guys aren't in for a good season. You seem ecstatic that you managed a draw at home versus Liverpool. A Liverpool I might add who played Gakpo as a midfielder. They are probably the weakest of the teams who are expected to challenge for the top four. It's really not impressive especially since you could have been 3-0 down in the opening 30 minutes where they dominated you. In regards to bolded, surely you don't expect everyone to believe that after almost one billion spent in a season, you have a terrible squad compared to the team United put out on the first day last season? I know you tend to be a bit delusional, but surely that's a step too far?

I think the midfield could be a bit too defensive considering their attack is a bit lacklustre. They need the midfielders to chip in with goals, and I don't see a trio of Lavia, Caicedo, and Enzo doing that. So far I wouldn't say they are snapping up extremely rated players (I don't know about their youth team though), with the likes of Mudryk being woeful. Enzo, whilst being very good, seems to me to be a 120 million upgrade on Jorginho.
The midfield shouldn't be a problem if the aim is to press high and get the wingbacks up in attack. In that scenario a midfield of Lavia and Caicedo will balance things out and allow Chelsea to get more players forward. Caicedo also has the potential to be a very good #8, as well as being one of the best midfielders in the league against the press in a deeper lying position. People were comparing him to Fred statistically but those statistics don't tell you the role Caicedo played to raise the level of Brighton's build up phase, which Fred isn't capable of doing. And if you have a team that can play out of a press comfortably, then everything else will fall into place.

90 + 5min

:lol: by controlled, I also meant dominant in shots, expected goals and assist and basically every offensive stats. Those means you will win the game if you had certain quality players in certain position. I don't know why I have to explain everything in details
You really need to check your stats better.

Liverpool were there for taking by not having defensive players apart from VanDijk and Konate. Pochettino setup was wrong for start and he failed to win a game were he should have. This is just another story when it comes to his management.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
EtH in his first game did not have better players than Chelsea under Poch....and they lost at home against Brighton 1-2.

The level of tactical demands, standards, and principles that EtH required and put forth at the beginning of his time at United is much greater than Poch at Chelsea. Coming up against two well settled teams of Brighton and Brentford.

Chelsea have bought a ton of players for a ton of money...there's a lot more capable and talented players compared to the deep issues United and EtH had to start with.

And now Chelsea is able to buy even more players for even more money. It's going to be the 100M midfield and you're saying Poch and Chelsea aren't doing better than EtH and United when comparing early doors?

With the insane amount of (quality) player investment under Boehly in 14 months, with no Europe, and under a competent manager that has had more than enough time to diagnose and just have normal structures in place....anything but a European place and a domestic trophy should considered a failure.
How can it get more complicated than a team that finished 12th last season, sold majority of their squad and doesn't have a settle 1st 11 at the moment? In addition playing Liverpool the first day, who is a stronger team than Brighton or Brentford? Only very few top manager would have put on such a dominant performance that was shown today and come out without a loss. The standards ETH set can't be compared because Pochettino just started his project and so far, everyone without bias is saying that Pochettino has done an amazing job so far.

A lot of the investment they made was poor. Only recently that is when they have started to make better investment and even then, it is investment and not focus on improving the first team. If chelsea board can get Pochettino those players I mentioned, then I agree they should be vying for an European league place.

You really need to check your stats better.

Liverpool were there for taking by not having defensive players apart from VanDijk and Konate. Pochettino setup was wrong for start and he failed to win a game were he should have. This is just another story when it comes to his management.
So do you. I checked my stats correctly. Xg was 1.93 to 1.3 to Liverpool, 4 shots on target compared to 1, 10 shots compared to 13, 53% chance compared to 22%, xpts 1.84 compared to .91, and 70% possession to 30%. That is the definition of dominance. Look it up in the dictionary.

I see a lot of underestimating of Liverpool. Hopefully, when Liverpool goes around and absolutely trashes a team, your tone won't change. Pochettino neutralized klopp and won the tactical battle.

The three in the back worked as I stated even before the season started. With caicedo and lavia, I believe that gives him a better alternative than to play with 3 in the back going forward and then Chelsea can play with natural wide attacker and on the front foot.

Last edited:

90 + 5min

How can it get more complicated than a team that finished 12th last season, sold majority of their squad and doesn't have a settle 1st 11 at the moment? In addition playing Liverpool the first day, who is a stronger team than Brighton or Brentford? Only very few top manager would have put on such a dominant performance that was shown today and come out without a loss. The standards ETH set can't be compared because Pochettino just started his project and so far, everyone without bias is saying that Pochettino has done an amazing job so far.

A lot of the investment they made was poor. Only recently that is when they have started to make better investment and even then, it is investment and not focus on improving the first team. If chelsea board can get Pochettino those players I mentioned, then I agree they should be vying for an European league place.

So do you. I checked my stats correctly. Xg was 1.93 to 1.3 to Liverpool, 4 shots on target compared to 1, 10 shots compared to 13, 53% chance compared to 22%, xpts 1.84 compared to .91, and 70% possession to 30%. That is the definition of dominance. Look it up in the dictionary.

I see a lot of underestimating of Liverpool. Hopefully, when Liverpool goes around and absolutely trashes a team, your tone won't change. Pochettino neutralized klopp and won the tactical battle.
Where is the source for you stats? Seriously. This is not accurate.

I don't underestimate Liverpool. Great team. Today they were there for beating because of their all-out attacking lineup but Chelsea failed because they didn't setup to win. At home.

Amadaeus

Congratulations on the draw @Amadaeus Pochettino. Caicedo in now along with another midfielder, a new striker, left winger, right winger, left wingback, new sports physicists, accountants, and some hot female masseurs for optimal recovery, and we'll have this Chelsea team challenging for the title any time!

Not really, all Pochettino need is Caceido, lavia, kudus and cherki/olise or vlahovic/felix. However. Gallagher did well, so lavia isnt as important as Caceido(even though lavia is a different profile than Gallagher). I am not obsessed, I just love watching football and a good manager managed a team.

Where is the source for you stats? Seriously. This is not accurate.

I don't underestimate Liverpool. Great team. Today they were there for beating because of their all-out attacking lineup but Chelsea failed because they didn't setup to win. At home.
https://understat.com/match/22283

If chelsea set up to win (I assume you mean to attack), Chelsea would have shipped 4 or 5 goals. Poch did what was right and dominated the game, only allowing 1 shot on target for them, while creating multiple for themselves only to be let down by not having enough quality in the attack. Even Pochettino said that they needed to create more chances and echo the need for more signing in attack again. Perhaps their recruitment team do not speak english.

el3mel

How can anyone be obsessed with someone in sports like that is beyond me. I have some managers that I like more than others or am happy when they win, but Amadeus is bordering on worshipping Poch.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Some of you lots sound like jealous exes when it comes to the discourse with Poch. Chelsea were the better team overall and controlled most of the game, it's not that hard to tell.

Idxomer

This meme poster was mildly amusing at one point, but has become obnoxiously irritating.
Agreed, it makes those threads unreadable. This really shouldn't be the case when Pochettino is one of the least offensive rival managers over the last 20 years.

90 + 5min

Not really, all Pochettino need is Caceido, lavia, kudus and cherki/olise or vlahovic/felix. However. Gallagher did well, so lavia isnt as important as Caceido(even though lavia is a different profile than Gallagher). I am not obsessed, I just love watching football and a good manager managed a team.

If chelsea set up to win (I assume you mean to attack), Chelsea would have shipped 4 or 5 goals. Poch did what was right and dominated the game, only allowing 1 shot on target for them, while creating multiple for themselves only to be let down by not having enough quality in the attack. Even Pochettino said that they needed to create more chances and echo the need for more signing in attack again. Perhaps their recruitment team do not speak english.
You need to look at sources that are more accurate. Start with official ones.

Liverpool were there for taking with pretty much no defense apart from VanDijk and Konate. You played at home. You didn't dominate a game.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Why are people still expecting Chelsea to be crap just because they were last season. They’ve spent the GDP of a small country assembling a world class squad, and now also have an excellent manager. They should be competing for the league this season.
But they don’t have a world class squad? Tell me now their world class players?

Amadaeus

Some of you lots sound like jealous exes when it comes to the discourse with Poch. Chelsea were the better team overall and controlled most of the game, it's not that hard to tell.
They are struggling to come up with something to complain about.

You need to look at sources that are more accurate. Start with official ones.

Liverpool were there for taking with pretty much no defense apart from VanDijk and Konate. You played at home. You didn't dominate a game.
Still say the same thing and this is reliable. Not much of a difference. I already explained how that wasn't the case. There for the taking will be a team that Pochettino had without their best attackers, a 39 year old defender and a team that hasn't settled in yet

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What I liked the most about today is the first 20/30 minutes couldn't have gone much worse yet he by hook or by crook wrestled the flow of the match back in our favour.

One of my big critisisms of him at Spurs is he was so slow to react in situations where the game was against them or the tide turned against them, today he turned a Liverpool cruise control into them resorting to waste time (Trent's yellow) to secure a point.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
But they don’t have a world class squad? Tell me now their world class players?
If we can agree on the proper definition - a player that starts for most of the top sides in best leagues, then:

Reece James, Thiago Silva, Enzo, Nkunku and then I would argue Caicedo, who was arguably the second best dm in the league last season.

alexthelion

Liverpool wasn't significantly better. It was about even during that period with both creating chances, them with the equalizer chelsea was clearly the most dominate team.

I seen your history, you are not a fan of pochettino. No need to misrepresent the performance of the match today
Pot and kettle.

alexthelion

Is that all?

Amadaeus

Is that all?
For this summer window, of course they would also have to replace sanchez later on but that will be dependent on how he takes the opportunity he is giving (also who is their second choice keeper? They may just have to act now and find someone free to be their second choice). If he doesn't get these four players then top four won't be used a minimum bar to Guage his success.

Last edited:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Agreed, it makes those threads unreadable. This really shouldn't be the case when Pochettino is one of the least offensive rival managers over the last 20 years.
He's offensive because he has meme hipster fans like Amadeus.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
The fitness emphasis alone is a big deal. I had never heard the stories about seasoned professionals vomiting and crying during some of his training sessions. Neymar immediately hating him makes a LOT of sense now.

he’s also more flexible than I imagined. With Gallagher our best pivot option against a team like Liverpool he went to the back 3, but STILL found a way to rotate not that midfield square that he has picked up and has become so popular.

His half the me adjustments had us essentially owning the second half of the game.

And he is totally open to giving players opportunities. He also seems to be good at guiding and improving younger players. Seems like a good fit.

El Jefe

You’re obsessed fella
He is but there are posters who are obsessed with Amadaeus' obsession. They are in on the Poch circle jerk with him.

On Chelsea though, that was as good as I've seen Chelsea play since Tuchel was there. If I was a Chelsea fan just off that I'd be optimistic. Team still has a lot of work to do but there was an identity to the team that was missing all of last season.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Well he has one meme fan like that. I'm not sure anyone else on the planet comes close to the carry-on of that clown.
It's not just amadeus, he has loads of them. Especially when he was at Southampton and Tottenham on here.

Yakuza_devils

I know it's first game and new manager bounce. But Chelsea was impressive and should have won comfortably. They dominated all areas for much of the game.

They were hard working and run more than Liverpool asthmatic players (u know what I mean).

Poch is the right manager for them. He was very good at Spurs and have vast experience in PL.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I only watched the first half but thought both Chelsea and Liverpool were very sloppy. Liverpool had 5-6 great opportunities in the first 30 minutes but, aside from the goal, were repeatedly let down by a lack of sharpness/timing from their front five - misplaced passes when a man was in, poor touches in crucial situations, etc. Chelsea handed them most of these opportunities. They were really open, particularly after turnovers, and the spacing between their defenders often seemed bad. Vintage Klopp Liverpool would have been 3-0 up after 30 minutes with the match over before it really began.

Chelsea battled nicely to get back into the match in the last 15 minutes of the half. Liverpool for their part looked a total mess defensively though.

You can’t read much into the first match of the season. Both sides looked sloppy and that is pretty normal. But I wouldn’t go overboard in the other direction either.

Last edited:

Abraxas

They were the better team as it went on. I think you'd take that as a start. This Liverpool side will batter some teams. A lot of attacking talent there but Chelsea neutralised them well. So overall it's a solid outing for Pochettino on a potentially awkward debut where if you get it wrong then Liverpool's forward line can make you look silly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

United fan!??

Status
Not open for further replies.