Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulksmash

I feel like we’ve slipped into a weird alternate dimension where Poch, Klopp and Tuchel don’t make CL. Yet they’re all better than our manager who’s out performed expectation this season so far.
Well Tuchel is here like 2 Months and Klopp has won the league and Champions League. Different from Poch

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They should be winning most of the games they didn't though.
No they shouldn't, they don't have that kind of margin over the likes of Monaco, Lille or Lyon. Even if they are favorite they shouldn't be guaranteed to win every games, we are not talking about 2015 PSG.

Machine Elements

He's a great coach but not a winner. Too bad, just like the fact that Tuchel got beat for the first time doesn't, his losses don't make our situation better though.

Sylar

The opposition(Monaco and Lille) has been significantly more consistent and better this season, so no it's not damning. PSG also lost a lot of points before his appointment.
It's not to me, PSG has been poor all season, and I think most of this season is a wash anyways with all of the COVID-related issues. I'm judging Pochettino starting next season.
Why does Poch get a free run this season? Isnt he a super coach that should have turned things pretty quickly especially with the players he has.
PSG are losing quite a bit under him with probably the best squad?

JPRouve

Scout
Why does Poch get a free run this season? Isnt he a super coach that should have turned things pretty quickly especially with the players he has.
He doesn't get a free run. This PSG team isn't particularly good outside of Neymar and Mbappé, they don't have the margin that they used to have and they are roughly where they should be when the oppostion doesn't sabotage itself, in a title race. If you want to criticize him for his style by all mean do it, people have had no issue criticizing him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How has the messiah managed to get this team second in a one horse race? 7 games left to save his job.

Still better than Solskjaer though?
Indeed. I don't understand the excuses being made for Poch by his disciples.

Had Poch come into United he'd have been expected to make an impact. Lord knows we've all been told enough times that Poch would get more out of our squad than Ole. Very hard to believe given what he's getting out of a PSG squad that's easily the best in Ligue 1.

JPRouve

Scout
Indeed. I don't understand the excuses being made for Poch by his disciples.

Had Poch come into United he'd have been expected to make an impact. Lord knows we've all been told enough times that Poch would get more out of our squad than Ole. Very hard to believe given what he's getting out of a PSG squad that's easily the best in Ligue 1.
Who are his disciples? I said the same thing for Tuchel and I would say the same thing for any other manager. Not everyone lives football through the Ole vs Pochettino angle.

Awwal Lawal

He doesn't get a free run. This PSG team isn't particularly good outside of Neymar and Mbappé, they don't have the margin that they used to have and they are roughly where they should be when the oppostion doesn't sabotage itself, in a title race. If you want to criticize him for his style by all mean do it, people have had no issue criticizing him.
Care to explain why you feel this PSG isn't a particularly good side despite beating Barcelona 5-2 on aggregate a couple of weeks back?

Also, considering opinion on this forum, the team has been trained by two coaches (Tuchel and Pochettino) deemed superior coaching talent this season, why then does the team perform lesser than the sum of its parts?

I know you are quite knowledgeable about the French league, kindly provide an exposé on this topic.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Listen, I don't care what's going on here in regards to the Poch vs Ole little party you all have got going on. I think any coach, whether it's Ole or Poch, shouldn't be judged coming into any mid-season, but especially a COVID-infested mid-season. I'm giving Poch the same pass I'd give any coach.

Andersonson

He's a great coach but not a winner. Too bad, just like the fact that Tuchel got beat for the first time doesn't, his losses don't make our situation better though.
Second in the league is good enough for us at the moment. We cant be unrealistic either.

Nobody, not Poch, Pep, Klopp or Ole would win the league with the players we got atm. Second place is max

Castia

I’m a Poch fan and wanted him here when the rumours were flowing last season but he needs to turn this around quick else he’s out of the job. Bayern in the CL and a 4 team race for the title, could either be a great or dreadful next couple of weeks this, big moment for Poch.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That's insane if true...Poch has got the clearest run to a trophy in his career so far and he's making hard work of it!!
He's already won a trophy for what it's worth with PSG. He's at zero risk of being fired even if PSG finish second or get knocked out of the CL. He will be judged on next season.

dbs235

That's insane if true...Poch has got the clearest run to a trophy in his career so far and he's making hard work of it!!
I've had a look and it doesn't seem true. He's lost 4 league games so far, we've lost 4 this season. We had that crazy unbeaten run last season starting in February. So so far he's lost the same as Ole has in 13 months.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've had a look and it doesn't seem true. He's lost 4 league games so far, we've lost 4 this season. We had that crazy unbeaten run last season starting in February. So so far he's lost the same as Ole has in 13 months.
14.5months. Our last defeat of 19/20 was on around 22nd Jan to Burnley (can't be arsed to check the date).
So, it's 12months+ 2.5 months

FujiVice

Poch's CV cant have "allowed Leicester win the league and lost Ligue 1 with PSG" can it? That's a terrifying resume.

dbs235

14.5months. Our last defeat of 19/20 was on around 22nd Jan to Burnley (can't be arsed to check the date).
So, it's 12months+ 2.5 months
Yeah no idea why I said 13 when it's clearly 14 :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Care to explain why you feel this PSG isn't a particularly good side despite beating Barcelona 5-2 on aggregate a couple of weeks back?

Also, considering opinion on this forum, the team has been trained by two coaches (Tuchel and Pochettino) deemed superior coaching talent this season, why then does the team perform lesser than the sum of its parts?

I know you are quite knowledgeable about the French league, kindly provide an exposé on this topic.
First Barcelona are themselves not particularly good but even then the game was way closer than the result, PSG weren't dominant but Mbappé managed to make the difference when it mattered.But the answer is simple look at the parts of the team, they are not actually that good outside of Mbappé, Neymar, Verratti and Kean who is promising but not a top player. Di Maria was very good until this season but the rest range from painfully average to average players with their midfield in particular who is technically defiicient with the likes of Pereira, Herrera, Gueye playing big minutes.

As the tweet above suggests they entirely rely on their few creative talents because the other parts are bang average and don't really fit together. If one of them isn't on fire they struggle.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont watch their games so i dont know shit about shit when it comes to their style of play. But is he relying on individual brilliance or patterns of play? Under Tuchel when i watched them in the CL final they seemed to be depending on the genius of the front three. Has that changed under Poch?

always_hoping

What is Poch at? A French league title that should already be wrapped up and he's leaving the door open for teams that didn't expect to challenge.

Sylar

Listen, I don't care what's going on here in regards to the Poch vs Ole little party you all have got going on. I think any coach, whether it's Ole or Poch, shouldn't be judged coming into any mid-season, but especially a COVID-infested mid-season. I'm giving Poch the same pass I'd give any coach.
Wow

I don't have any negative or positive feelings towards poch either way
And I didn't mention Ole, this is a Poch thread so why are you getting defensive? Is he letting you down so you have to attack other coaches?

If he's as good as people say he should be able to turn this around quick otherwise they should have just got some PSG legend

I mean he may turn this around and win the league and champions League. I'm sure if he does that he will get praise immensely (and rightfully so)

Sylar

Not for a mid-season hire, no.
So they hired him with the view for not caring to win the title this season in generally a one team league but only gave him a contract until end of next season?

Poch doesn't need to do an overhaul, he needs to coach what he has and it shouldn't need half a season to change it unless they expect to be signing half a squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.