Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why wouldnt he? Apparently we have so many holes in the Utd team but he has us second. Apparently Bruno carries us but he would have Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria over there.
Why would he suddenly do worse with a supposedly better side than what he has now?
The problem for Poch defenders is that this is a continuation of his last few seasons at Spurs. Give him time argument doesnt really work with him and he's been matching Joses over the hill record for quite a while now.
Walking into a PSG side who were not top of the league, with plenty of injuries and lack of quality in some areas (midfield), I don't know if Ole would have them top right now and still in the UCL
Do you watch lique 1? Genuine question. Because you seem to be speaking as someone who has no clue how the season was for PSG before Poch even arrived at the club

Cassidy

You aren't getting it.

A new manager needs a new start. Another project that will take a few years. So it puts us back again.

I'd only get rid of Ole for a sure thing. I don't think Poch is tbh as he is proving with PSG. He's only been boss since December and already lost more league games than Ole had this season. And that's in a pub league.

Ole to Poch is a sideways move.
Its you who isn't getting it since I never said anything about getting rid of Ole. The post I quoted you made some statements about Poch at PSG which were knee jerk and I called it out

Cassidy

You do realise United are 2nd with a shitty united team right?:lol:
And your point is? Again I refer you to the comment I made previously, do any of you even watch the french league to be making such comments?
We are 17 points behind the only good side in the league this season

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Third last year was getting the best out of the squad he has. Second this year is getting the best out of the squad he has. Of course he’d fecking win the league with PSG. He keeps players happy and motivated - that’s his biggest strength - and that would be more than enough to win leagues when you have the best squad as PSG do in France. The “Ole is totally useless and wouldn’t do a job anywhere else” narrative as he continues to do an acceptable job here is starting to get tedious. Actually no...it got tedious several months ago.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Its you who isn't getting it since I never said anything about getting rid of Ole. The post I quoted you made some statements about Poch at PSG which were knee jerk and I called it out
Nothing knee jerk about my comments. I rate Poch as a manager. I just don't rate him as high as some of you lot. I don't think he'd achieve a lot more than Ole has tbh.

Are we going to win the league next season if we had Poch? Not for me.

Do you lot actually understand the situation we are in. We have terrible owners, a shocking CEO and we are up against one of the greatest coaches of all time with a Sheikh at his shoulder.

Poch hasn't shown anything to suggest he's the man to bring back the title. Not yet. Maybe one day he will.

Cassidy

Third last year was getting the best out of the squad he has. Second this year is getting the best out of the squad he has. Of course he’d fecking win the league with PSG. He keeps players happy and motivated - that’s his biggest strength - and that would be more than enough to win leagues when you have the best squad as PSG do in France. The “Ole is totally useless and wouldn’t do a job anywhere else” narrative as he continues to do an acceptable job here is starting to get tedious. Actually no...it got tedious several months ago.
Not this year clearly

Who said Ole wouldn't do a job elsehwhere? You don't know what you are talking about if you believe any half decent manager could just walk into PSG mid season this year and run away with the league. Better to comment on leagues and competitions you actually follow

Cassidy

Nothing knee jerk about my comments. I rate Poch as a manager. I just don't rate him as high as some of you lot. I don't think he'd achieve a lot more than Ole has tbh.

Do you lot actually understand the situation we are in. We have terrible owners, a shocking CEO and we are up against one of the greatest coaches of all time with a Sheikh at his shoulder.

Poch hasn't shown anything to suggest he's the man to bring back the title. Not yet. Maybe one day he will.
I don't rate him that high, I am simply saying 3 months into a job is not enough to write off a manager, one that has actually also won a trophy in that time and still has a realistic chance to win more. Its knee jerk

cyberman

Walking into a PSG side who were not top of the league, with plenty of injuries and lack of quality in some areas (midfield), I don't know if Ole would have them top right now and still in the UCL
Do you watch lique 1? Genuine question. Because you seem to be speaking as someone who has no clue how the season was for PSG before Poch even arrived at the club
Of course i do, its my favourite league to bet on alongside Bundesliga.
Utd has a lack of quality in a lot of areas, we have a striker and right side who cant score and our best midfielder is either injured or unmotivated to play.
I just cant see why Ole would do worse with a better side against weaker opposition. If we win our next 2 we will have exactly the same amount of points in the same amount of games as they do.
When you hire a manager who fell off so badly in the league with Spurs then why are we surprised that PSG struggle in the league with him in charge?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Here here. It's becoming tiresome to follow this club with our fans it really is. They don't seem to grasp that it's not Ole that is the issue. Ed plus Poch isn't the golden ticket they all hope for.

Ole isn't managing the best team hence why we aren't 1st. Poch wouldn't be either.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I would like to emphasize a point I have always made here. Redcafe would usually assume that a manager that has done remarkably well in a smaller club will do better in bigger clubs and win titles with them (the only thing he couldn’t easily do in the smaller club because of a relative lack of resources).

I have seen enough to know that football is more dynamic than that and whilst the manger won at the smaller club because he had players that could do the things he wanted done, he began to now struggle because all he had was big names without the corresponding tailoring of the abilities of the team to fit his strategies.

The difference between Poch at Spurs and him at PSG is that people will start to make definite assessments about his place at the top of the table of managers unlike before. I expect him to bounce back because I rate him so much but I knew all along that he would have to earn his place at PSG without recourse to whatever he did at Spurs and that people would be more critical of him now than ever before.
Spurs are a bigger club that PSG. Don't confused big club and money rich club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't rate him that high, I am simply saying 3 months into a job is not enough to write off a manager, one that has actually also won a trophy in that time and still has a realistic chance to win more. Its knee jerk
Not writing him off. They will probably still win the title as that league is pants.

But taking this current Utd team past a Pep n Klopp team with no injuries isn't the same as winning the league in France with an oil club is it?

I'd fancy my chances at winning it.

Cassidy

Of course i do, its my favourite league to bet on alongside Bundesliga.
Utd has a lack of quality in a lot of areas, we have a striker and right side who cant score and our best midfielder is either injured or unmotivated to play.
I just cant see why Ole would do worse with a better side against weaker opposition. If we win our next 2 we will have exactly the same amount of points in the same amount of games as they do.
When you hire a manager who fell off so badly in the league with Spurs then why are we surprised that PSG struggle in the league with him in charge?
I'm not surprised since they were struggling before he arrived.

dinostar77

Getting to a Champions League final? Making spurs a consistent top four team for a few years? Vastly improving spurs squad and style of play? Yeh Ole has done just as much. Dont make me laugh. I like Ole and hope he continues to improve but with the same resources and players if Poch was in charge, we would definitely be better off and probably in the knockouts of CL.

Simple way to sum this up, if Poch leaves PSG he has alot of options of top clubs to go to. If Ole leaves he has what? Can you see him rocking up at any other top job? Nope. Thats the level of difference

Cassidy

Not writing him off. They will probably still win the title as that league is pants.

But taking this current Utd team past a Pep n Klopp team with no injuries isn't the same as winning the league in France with an oil club is it?

I'd fancy my chances at winning it.
Hence why you are on here spouting nonsense. The league is competitive this season,

Their starting striker couldn't even get a game for Everton.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Not this year clearly
Sorry...what? So just because they aren’t winning the league they don’t have the best squad? Icardi, Di Maria, Mbappe, Neymar, Veratti, Marquinhos and Navas would walk into any other side in France. Yes, they’re unbalanced but some of them would walk into any other side in the world ffs. What other French side beats Barcelona 4-1?

Cassidy

Sorry...what? So just because they aren’t winning the league they don’t have the best squad? Icardi, Di Maria, Mbappe, Neymar, Veratti, Marquinhos and Navas would walk into any other side in France. Yes, they’re unbalanced but some of them would walk into any other side in the world ffs. What other French side beats Barcelona 4-1?
Lyon knocked City out of the UCL last season. There are other good players in France and PSG have allowed the gap to close by signing players like Herrera, Gueye, Kean, Pereira etc
They should still win the league, but the squad isn't so much better than the rest like it was 3/4 years ago any longer, and they were already struggling before the new manager arrived (who has only been there 3 months)

Massive overreaction from those who didn't rate Poch before clearly, likely in a years time some of these post will look pretty silly

Btw Barcelona are also subpar this season and it wasn't that long ago Roma beat them in the UCL 3-0, I think the other French sides in the title race stand a good chance of beating Barca this season on their day

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Verratti and Neymar have missed a lot of games, Icardi and Di Maria are subpar this season and while Navas is good, he isn't signifcantly better than Lopes or Maignan. Outside of their CBs, the rest of the team is shoddy.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Lyon knocked City out of the UCL last season. There are other good players in France and PSG have allowed the gap to close by signing players like Herrera, Gueye, Kean, Pereira etc
Yes it’s closed from an absolutely huge gap. That doesn’t mean they don’t still have the best squad. The players you’ve just mentioned as being shit still start for 98% of French sides - and they’re PSG’s lesser players!

cyberman

I'm not surprised since they were struggling before he arrived.
And that manager is now in charge of Chelsea, 2 wins in 6 league games and could be 6th by Tuesday.. And he won the league with PSG and got them to a CL final.

Cassidy

Yes it’s closed from an absolutely huge gap. That doesn’t mean they don’t still have the best squad. The players you’ve just mentioned as being shit still start for 98% of French sides - and they’re PSG’s lesser players!
No they don't

Cassidy

And that manager is now in charge of Chelsea, 2 wins in 6 league games and could be 6th by Tuesday.. And he won the league with PSG and got them to a CL final.
Hes a good manager. So we are also judging Tuchel on 3 months at Chelsea... right ok

cyberman

Hes a good manager. So we are also judging Tuchel on 3 months at Chelsea... right ok
And the rest of the season with PSG? Is anybody to blame for PSG season then?
Just because you really want to see managers do well doesnt mean you cant judge their progress as they go.

Flexdegea

You got acute Ole derangement syndrome that is manifesting even more now that the chosen one Poch, who I've not doubt you prob thought was the saviour for us.......is currently flopping bad at ready made squad and team PSG.

Cassidy

Just because you really want to see managers do well doesnt mean you cant judge their progress as they go.
Yes their board/executive team, Tuchel has been quite vocal over the past 2 years about the issues... the squad needs tweaking and they have failed to do the work over the past couple of years.
Relying on players who can't stay fit in Neymar and Veratti and the obvious indulgement of Neymar in the dressing room. Its a big job for Poch lets see if he can sort it out.

Even saying that I still think he needs to win the league this season.

I couldn't care less about how he does, but it seems people want to write off a manager after 3 months which is utterly stupid.

I had reservations about Poch becoming United manager, but thats a separate conversation.

Cassidy

You got acute Ole derangement syndrome that is manifesting even more now that the chosen one Poch, who I've not doubt you prob thought was the saviour for us.......is currently flopping bad at ready made squad and team PSG.
Because I said its not a guarantee he would walk into PSG mid season and run away with the league? Right ok

crossy1686

career ending
I like him and I rate him over Ole but he fails to win PSG the title, then I have serious doubts about his credentials as a top manager.
Such a strange thing to say. Do you rate him or don't you?

Pochettino is a good manager, no doubt, he's done well when equipped with a bunch of players who have potential but aren't expected to be successful. He has no experience at managing a team that is expected to win every game and not winning 3 on the bounce is a crisis. This is one of the reasons I don't think he's well equipped to manage a team like United. He has zero experience of this type of environment, as a player or manager.

If anything, Pochettino would be a better manager after his experience of managing PSG as he'll have elite level experience, so to say you'll seriously doubt him doesn't make any sense.

crossy1686

career ending
Yes their board/executive team, Tuchel has been quite vocal over the past 2 years about the issues... the squad needs tweaking and they have failed to do the work over the past couple of years.
Relying on players who can't stay fit in Neymar and Veratti and the obvious indulgement of Neymar in the dressing room. Its a big job for Poch lets see if he can sort it out.

Even saying that I still think he needs to win the league this season
Tuchel is vocal about every board he's worked under, it usually takes him 18 months to fall out with everyone. If PSG don't win the league it's disgraceful management.

JPRouve

Scout
Mainly Leonardo, he has failed to fix obvious issues. But there is also the lack of fitness(injuries) and maybe discipline within the team with several covid infections.

Cassidy

Tuchel is vocal about every board he's worked under, it usually takes him 18 months to fall out with everyone. If PSG don't win the league it's disgraceful management.
With reason this time. Its quite clear for anyone who even follows the league or even the side, that they have not been managing the squad well over the past few years, a little similar to Barca but to a lesser extent

cyberman

Even saying that I still think he needs to win the league this season.

I couldn't care less about how he does, but it seems people want to write off a manager after 3 months which is utterly stupid.

I had reservations about Poch becoming United manager, but thats a separate conversation.
Its the same board that won all but 1 league in their tenure and got to a CL final a few months before.

JPRouve

Scout
Its the same board that won all but 1 league in their tenure and got to a CL final a few months before.
They have been terrible since 2015, the team has been relying on the initial batch of players they brought but failed to replace almost everyone that left. PSG are a poorly run football club.

Idxomer

I'm still of the opinion that if you remove Mbappe and Neymar, this PSG side would struggle to get top 4 in the PL.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm still of the opinion that if you remove Mbappe and Neymar, this PSG side would struggle to get top 4 in the PL.
They and City seem to be in stark contrast. City have built a team with a vision spending a lot of many players and hiring a top manager. PSG also spend but have blown much of their load on two megastars, and signed okay players on top of that, and good managers. But while City have a cohesive team, PSG just seem to be less than the sum of their parts.

crossy1686

career ending
They have been terrible since 2015, the team has been relying on the initial batch of players they brought but failed to replace almost everyone that left. PSG are a poorly run football club.
Well they're trying to play within the FFP rules so the board can't really do much about being quoted silly money for players just because they're PSG

JPRouve

Scout
Well they're trying to play within the FFP rules so the board can't really do much about being quoted silly money for players just because they're PSG
Which doesn't change the fact that they have not been good within that context.

Cassidy

Ignorance, yes they had a good season, but the writing has been on the wall for a while. Just look at the squad evolution over the past 3/4 years

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Still they bought a lot of average players for a lot of money. Their transfer dealings have been pretty awful. On top of that they are losing promising youth players on free transfers.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Unfortunately they have a rather easy schedule for the remainder of the French season. Would absolutely love to see them not only not win, but finish outside the top 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.