Mauro Icardi | Performances

pascell

His form is very worrying for Inter. Missed very easy chance yesterday (2, missed one on one too), more than the miss his involvement was near 0 in the home game vs Bologna. Even Ranocchia was more active in the final third when he came on in last 10-15 mins, also had great shot on target.
He's always been am inconsistent scorer for me, he scores in patches but mostly misses the easier chances and quite a few too, I wouldn't pay what Inter would want for him.

meamth

I've never heard of him but this is the problem, people read names like Icardi and then say we should sign them. What's the difference between Icardi and this Pepe chap you're now talking about? Reality is I bet neither of them are good enough.

People need to stop saying we should sign player x, y and z just because a player is getting hyped up
Nicolas Pepe is carrying LOSC in Ligue 1, currently having a breakthrough season scoring 16 goals and registered 8 assists in 23 appearances. Stepping up from his previous season with Lille.

He is the kind of profile we should sign, a rising youngster instead of the kind of signing we made for past seasons. He is your typical modern forward who can play left, right or center.

It's normal to think we should sign Icardi because on paper he is a 20 goals per season striker.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I've never heard of him but this is the problem, people read names like Icardi and then say we should sign them. What's the difference between Icardi and this Pepe chap you're now talking about? Reality is I bet neither of them are good enough.

People need to stop saying we should sign player x, y and z just because a player is getting hyped up
Three things about Pépé, he isn't a striker but a wide forward. He is talented and is having his second very good season in three years, Lille struggled collectively last season. He has never played in a club continental competition and that's always a problem when you try to evaluate a player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nicolas Pepe is carrying LOSC in Ligue 1, currently having a breakthrough season scoring 16 goals and registered 8 assists in 23 appearances. Stepping up from his previous season with Lille.

He is the kind of profile we should sign, a rising youngster instead of the kind of signing we made for past seasons. He is your typical modern forward who can play left, right or center.

It's normal to think we should sign Icardi because on paper he is a 20 goals per season striker.
Lots of players down the years have scored that amount of goals, Darren Bent, James Beattie, Kevin Phillips, they're those in the PL and no one who actually watched any of those players would say they were good enough to play for United

This is the problem I speak of, people read names, see stats and say we should sign them without actually ever watching them play

meamth

Lots of players down the years have scored that amount of goals, Darren Bent, James Beattie, Kevin Phillips, they're those in the PL and no one who actually watched any of those players would say they were good enough to play for United

This is the problem I speak of, people read names, see stats and say we should sign them without actually ever watching them play
Fair enough, I understand.

But sometimes I think it's okay to speak wonderkids as a potential signing. I may not watch Lille every week, but I'm aware of his performances week in week out.

Sometimes it frustrates me clubs like Dortmund, AC Milan kept getting the best out of these wonderkid signings. We have been signing players in blockbuster scale since Fergie retired and kept failing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Three things about Pépé, he isn't a striker but a wide forward. He is talented and is having his second very good season in three years, Lille struggled collectively last season. He has never played in a club continental competition and that's always a problem when you try to evaluate a player.
Interesting player no doubt but I remember Gervinho ripping it up there and he was pretty average at Arsenal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Interesting player no doubt but I remember Gervinho ripping it up there and he was pretty average at Arsenal.
It's a totally different league and he wasn't particularly rated in France, like Moussa Sow.