Mauro Icardi | Performances

youmeletsfly

City already have 1 such player, Aguero, who is lethal and a real big game player for them, 300 games, 200 goals isn't to be sniffed at. Has the lot to his game, pace, control and ability to finish, he's probably a better all round player than RVN as well.
Yeah, I agree, I'll give you this one. But other than him and suarez (both nearing the end of their careers btw) I can't really think of another similar upcoming player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inzaghi won a few Champions League trophies in his time, and he was even less involved than Icardi is.
Inzaghi was a pest though, icardi doesn't have his energy and constant threat. He was more Cavani than Icardi. Plus, he'd mastered the art of fouling defenders and fooling refs into thinking he was the one being fouled :lol:

Still, I like Icardi. Can't scoff at a guy who can consistently score 20+ league goals a season

cheeky_backheel

Inzaghi was a pest though, icardi doesn't have his energy and constant threat. He was more Cavani than Icardi. Plus, he'd mastered the art of fouling defenders and fooling refs into thinking he was the one being fouled :lol:

Still, I like Icardi. Can't scoff at a guy who can consistently score 20+ league goals a season
Pippo was also a grandmaster at making runs and beating the offside trap (so much that SAF commented that " that lad must have been born offside")

Still, Icardi is probably the most clinical finisher in the game today. Unfortunately the rest of his game leaves much to be desired and we cant afford his liabilities in our limited attack.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
lovely movement there - we could use a quick technically good player in attack to back up Martial and whoever

how much would someone like Icardi cost though
More than 100 million without any doubt.

meamth

Wow, that sudden change of movement at the very last seconds are so hard to do. His eyes are locked on the ball and just using his pure instinct to know where the goal is. He was born with a rare gift of goalscoring..

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I was at that game. Awesome atmosphere from the AC fans all game until Icardi scored. Then the Inter fans finally got going for the last 2 mins!

From a United point of view, if I could have taken one player from that field and brought them back to Manchester, it would have been Skriniar.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hes a top striker but I think top clubs are more willing to pay good money for a modern type of forward.

Pocho

I think he is shit. Overated player, I reckon Wanda is the best agent in the world.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he is shit. Overated player, I reckon Wanda is the best agent in the world.
He's been a consistent 20+ goal a season striker for ages. He's not shit, I don't even think he's overrated. How many caftards do you see wanting us to sign him or touting him as among the best?

Pocho

He's been a consistent 20+ goal a season striker for ages. He's not shit, I don't even think he's overrated. How many caftards do you see wanting us to sign him or touting him as among the best?
Do not sign this guy, is a total bluff.

Pocho

A bluff that scores 20 a season seems like the kinda bluff worth falling for :D
I bet you that 30% of those goals are penalties. Not worthie at all, I wish I was wrong, Argentina needs a good striker but I'm afraid he isn't.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
That's more symptomatic of Inter's struggles as the season has progressed, which seems to be something of a recurrent theme for them now. Perisic has been really poor this season, and he's typically Inter's main creative outlet. Icardi is an instinctive finisher and a killer in the box, but who's creating the chances for him recently? They only have one player with more than two assists, and that's Politano with three. People should know what kind of player Icardi is by now, so they shouldn't be shocked that he struggles when the service he is getting is woefully inadequate for a team of Inter's stature.

He's probably the best finisher in Europe. He's never been a player that creates his own goals and never will be.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Does he have more potential or that Milan striker?
Icardi is almost three years older and far more established so it's not really a fair comparison, plus by the time he was 23 Icardi had already spent three years in La Masia and had probably around seventy Serie A goals to his name. Piatek is clearly a gifted natural goalscorer so he too could become one of Europe's top finishers but he could also quite easily fade into relative obscurity and just become a good player for a mid-table side in Italy or another league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Icardi is almost three years older and far more established so it's not really a fair comparison, plus by the time he was 23 Icardi had already spent three years in La Masia and had probably around seventy Serie A goals to his name. Piatek is clearly a gifted natural goalscorer so he too could become one of Europe's top finishers but he could also quite easily fade into relative obscurity and just become a good player for a mid-table side in Italy or another league.
Yeah I know. I suppose I was looking at it from the perspective of all round game. From everything I read/hear Icardi gives you goals but his all round play is pretty darn mediocre.

roonster09

Scout
That's more symptomatic of Inter's struggles as the season has progressed, which seems to be something of a recurrent theme for them now. Perisic has been really poor this season, and he's typically Inter's main creative outlet. Icardi is an instinctive finisher and a killer in the box, but who's creating the chances for him recently? They only have one player with more than two assists, and that's Politano with three. People should know what kind of player Icardi is by now, so they shouldn't be shocked that he struggles when the service he is getting is woefully inadequate for a team of Inter's stature.
He's probably the best finisher in Europe. He's never been a player that creates his own goals and never will be.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's having a poor season but he's a top class no.9. 122 goals in 208 games for Inter. Currently Inter's 7th (1 goal behind 6th) all time top scorer at 25. Not bad going.

His first season in the CL was respectable, also. 4 goals in 6 games - one a piece against Spurs and Barcelona respectively.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Top three players with the most big chances missed this season in the Premier League: Auba, Salah, Wilson. Last season the top five included Kane, Salah and Aguero. 'Big chances missed' is such a misleading (or rather misinterpreted) stat as 90% of the time the players leading it are also going to be the leading goalscorers. Are you going to suggest Kane and Aguero are not two of the deadliest finishers in Europe as well?

haram

Top three players with the most big chances missed this season in the Premier League: Auba, Salah, Wilson. Last season the top five included Kane, Salah and Aguero. 'Big chances missed' is such a misleading (or rather misinterpreted) stat as 90% of the time the players leading it are also going to be the leading goalscorers. Are you going to suggest Kane and Aguero are not two of the deadliest finishers in Europe as well?
He hasn’t scored in open play for 3 months though. Actually, someone should check if that stat is correct.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Problem with Icardi is that if he doesn't score he offers you very little overall. A total opposite from someone like Firmino for example.

The players who get into those positions the most are going to be the ones who miss the most too. It's a pointless stat. I mean Ronaldo is top...that says all you need to know.

roonster09

Scout
No I'm saying 'team isn't creating chances' isn't a valid point. Icardi's performance is average to shit since all the talk about his contract became public, with everyone making statements to media and in their Instagram.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I stopped watching him play since last season even this season but two seasons ago when I watched him constantly I must say he’s too overrated, the main reason why I said he’s overrated because he’s not as lethal as what people has described him, when I watched him he actually missed a lot of shitter, I think he needs to take a big risk by playing in higher level to be the best no 9. But his movement is world class and gifted. I think he’s a top striker in Serie A but nowhere near world class, a pure poacher. The top class version of Chicharito.

roonster09

Scout

His form is very worrying for Inter. Missed very easy chance yesterday (2, missed one on one too), more than the miss his involvement was near 0 in the home game vs Bologna. Even Ranocchia was more active in the final third when he came on in last 10-15 mins, also had great shot on target.

Last edited:

meamth

I was on the bandwagon to sign Icardi, but looking at this thread, giving me different perspectives.

Probably an old fashioned goal poacher in a wrong period of modern football.

We could just prefer Nicolas Pepe from LOSC if Icardi continues to perform at this rate.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Problem with Icardi is that if he doesn't score he offers you very little overall. A total opposite from someone like Firmino for example.
Exactly, he’s like Lukaku, I wouldn’t want him at United unless we suddenly go back to 442 with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. But that’s not going to happen

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I was on the bandwagon to sign Icardi, but looking at this thread, giving me different perspectives.

Probably an old fashioned goal poacher in a wrong period of modern football.

We could just prefer Nicolas Pepe from LOSC if Icardi continues to perform at this rate.
I've never heard of him but this is the problem, people read names like Icardi and then say we should sign them. What's the difference between Icardi and this Pepe chap you're now talking about? Reality is I bet neither of them are good enough.

People need to stop saying we should sign player x, y and z just because a player is getting hyped up