g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mauro Icardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Dybala at Barca yes. I see Icardi more at Chelsea or Atletico Madrid than Real or even Barca. Just doesnt suit the Catalans on and off the pitch.

kps88

I still don't get why though, what made him write that about 100 Argentinian criminals in his autobiography in the first place?
This explains it -

A late own goal from Samir Handanovic saw Inter fall to defeat by Cagliari at the San Siro but the day was all about Mauro Icardi.

The striker's relationship with the club's Ultras hit a new low as a banner was raised in the stadium during the clash on Sunday afternoon.

'You use a child to justify yourself and fling mud at us... You're not a man... You're not a Captain... You are just a vile piece of s***,' it read.

To top his woes the Argentinian missed a penalty in the first half and it was roundly cheered by the home faithful.

The passionate Inter supporters have been enraged by a passage in Icardi's new autobiography, primarily a section in which he talks about an fiery confrontation between himself, former team-mate Fredy Guarin and the fans in February 2015.

After a 3-1 away defeat by Sassuolo, several Inter players tossed their shirts into the crowd, only to see them thrown back as the travelling Nerazzurri support displayed their frustration at the performance.

'I am angry because I played so little. The fans start to shout: they call us to come over to their section. I find the courage to face them, along with Guarin,' Icardi wrote in his book, 'Sempre Avanti', released this week.

'As I get closer, I receive insults and abuse of every kind. Attached to the netting is a kid who calls me: he wants my shirt.

'Considering his age, he could be my son: I take off my shirt and shorts and throw them to him, as a gift. This kid is in seventh heaven and I am pleased to see him so happy.

'A head of the ultras jumps on him to take away the shirt and throws it back at me. This is when I start insulting him: 'Piece of s***, you are acting all arrogant with a little kid to show off to the rest of the curva (the Italian phrase for a section of seating inside a stadium)? Do you think you're hard?'

'In the locker room I am acclaimed as a hero, because nobody had ever faced off that way with one of the fan leaders.'

Another banner read that '100 goals will not erase the s*** that you are'

Upon the book's release, fans in the Curva Nord responded with a statement, incensed by Icardi's version of events.

'We don't want to go back over that day when his own team-mates hauled him back by the neck to demand a less arrogant attitude towards the Inter population,' it read.

'It is pathetic to read such things talking about us. In his book he writes: 'I am ready to face them one by one. How many are there? 50, 100, 200? OK, record my message and let him listen: I'll bring 100 criminals from Argentina who'll kill them where they stand, then we'll see.'

'He talks about helping little kids, then invents an incident that never happened to make himself seem superior to us, as if it weren't obvious to all that we are the only curva that helps kids design the choreography in the stands.

'You are finished with us. You're done. TAKE THE ARMBAND OFF, YOU CLOWN. Yes, that is what we demand.

Bojan11

Dybala at Barca yes. I see Icardi more at Chelsea or Atletico Madrid than Real or even Barca. Just doesnt suit the Catalans on and off the pitch.
No chance at Barca.

Messi is good friends with Maxi, whose ex wife goes out with Icardi. One of the reasons he's not getting picked apparently for Argentina.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Fully agree with the Icardi thoughts. He's a very special forward but I don't think he's got the flair or technical ability to play for such a huge club. He's a great attacker who can spring past anyone, and I mean ANYONE. I think he's the fastest player alive with the ball at his feet. He also takes a lot of responsibility and grows with that task. I'm not surprised at all to see he's the captain of Inter. I don't think there's much he can improve with a move atm. He's better off at Inter tbh. He's got a big head and will probably be a lesser player if he's in England being just one of many stars.

Devil may care

He's developed into a top striker and he's been fairly quiet on the drama front for a while, but this kind of nonsense will have clubs thinking twice about buying him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I do think he could be an option for us a few years down the line. Will be interesting to see if Martial/Rashford consistently end up leading the line for us by that point or just continue as wide forwards.
No chance at Barca.

Messi is good friends with Maxi, whose ex wife goes out with Icardi. One of the reasons he's not getting picked apparently for Argentina.
Wow, really? I didn't know that. Has your name changed, btw? I feel like the number was different. I could be completely wrong though.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
mercenary then? whatever... not the player we need, and he clearly doesn't rate us, so feck him.
FFS, he played for Palermo at the time and was highly sought after, probably got told to say it by his agent. How does that make him a mercenary? I'm sure anybody with his talent would be aiming beyond playing for a mediocre Serie A side for the rest of their career.

United Pro

Not only that but Icardi came from the Barca youth set up and he was deemed to be not good enough/not play the Barca way. Of course, in hindsight that was a poor move, purely in terms of the transfer fee they could have potentially gotten if they had sold him after developing him (even via loans).

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Tomorrow they will decide if they will strip him of the captaincy

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/a...-il-suo-libro-de-boer-deve-migliorare-i-71656

“Dear Curva Nord, I am surprised and disappointed. Surprised because I’ve said that in Reggio Emilia I lost my head due to the post-game adrenaline. I just wanted to report the atmosphere of that episode, so much so I’ve also added that I had ‘thrown up’ some exaggerated phrases (and the verb ‘throw up’ gives an idea of how inconvenient my reaction was). With regard to the speech of Argentina murderers, I said that because I had found some fanatics out of my door (pleas note: fanatics, not Curva Nord members) I uttered that phrase, but I also said in the biography

I used threatening words against the fans and I shouldn’t have done that." I'm sorry. Sorry for this fuss that has been created, I simply recounted an incident. Besides, if one had a minimum of salt, he would not risk offending his ‘curva’. If I had been in bad faith I would have used catchy words towards you. I did not want to offend or disrespect anyone.

The captain's armband is the realization of my dreams, it is pure joy for me and my family. I am looking for you each time I score goals on Sundays, your hug is the first one I want. I love Inter. Very soon I will come down 'in the field so I can talk nomore. I hope you understand how important you are to me and how much respect you even if you’d decide to boo me. I ask only one thing as a Captain: stay close to Inter as you have always done, I and my teammates need you. With love Mauro”

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Crazy stuff between him and the ultras. I honestly don't know enough about it to know who's more at fault. What I find most baffling however is, why does a 23 year old have I biography? He was born, stole his best friends wife, scored some goals, the end?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Crazy stuff between him and the ultras. I honestly don't know enough about it to know who's more at fault. What I find most baffling however is, why does a 23 year old have I biography? He was born, stole his best friends wife, scored some goals, the end?
Walcott did one at 21 :lol:

Why would anyone decide to buy that

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Walcott did one at 21 :lol:

Why would anyone decide to buy that
I like reading their stories in bed. Most of them are an easy read and highly entertaining. There're always funny details in it. Only Cantona's (french version) was heavy, imo.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Don't want this circus at United.
His wife (I think also his agent) is something else. They both keep posting pics with Maxi's 3 sons despite Maxi not liking it, a derby was called "the Wanda derby" because of this chaos and all that.

He is not good enough to warrant that kind of drama here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Reckon he'd score a shit load for us. Proper centre forward, of which there seems to be less and less coming through. There is no doubt at all about Icardi's 'best position being out wide' or any of that bollocks.

I love Rashford, but I wouldn't turn him down. Reckon he could do Aguero things in the PL with the right club.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd love the little mercenary Argie scumbag to come here, love watching him!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Reads like Italian football fans being their usual moronic self, in all honesty.
I am not a big fan of the Inter Ultras but they are right on this. Last year Icardi had a spat with them during the Sassuolo game. He went on lying about it on his book + he threatened to bring 100 thugs from Argentina to have them killed

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Icardi is not suited to the EPL for what I have been seeing of him here in Italy: he does not work with the team and his attitude is erratic. That said, as a finisher he is clearly talented, a modern and more gifted Inzaghi. Would it be enough?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Icardi is not suited to the EPL for what I have been seeing of him here in Italy: he does not work with the team and his attitude is erratic. That said, as a finisher he is clearly talented, a modern and more gifted Inzaghi. Would it be enough?
As far as I know, he is a fairly consistent goalscorer in an Inter side that has been/is quite limited creatively, or doesn't really create consistent goalscoring chances. Would that be an accurate summary of Inter? If true, that sure sounds a little like us...

As for working with the team, I don't think we require a supremely talented number 9, someone with some pace, strength, and goalscoring ability would be fine in a Mourinho type of set-up.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
As far as I know, he is a fairly consistent goalscorer in an Inter side that has been/is quite limited creatively, or doesn't really create consistent goalscoring chances. Would that be an accurate summary of Inter? If true, that sure sounds a little like us...

As for working with the team, I don't think we require a supremely talented number 9, someone with some pace, strength, and goalscoring ability would be fine in a Mourinho type of set-up.
Inter are a bunch of good and very good but inconsistent individuals without the spine to sustain the pressure, Maurito their perfect captain. I can see your point though, just deploy him as a tool and you should be fine.

MounchesterUtd

He didnt even score 20 last year
This Inter makes LVG's United look like Pep's Barca. They're lucky to get 2 chances a game, and most of the time, Icardi has to make something out of nothing. I'd say his tally is impressive considering the circumstances.

With regards to fit, I think he'd be better in Spain or Germany than the PL. Maybe a Lewa replacement if Madrid decides to break another transfer record?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
whaat :eek:

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
He had a great game today. His team produced little but he scored 2 jammy goals.. One was a Hart feck up, the other a great pivot and smashing in top corner

I don't know why De Boer doesn't give Gabigol a chance out wide though, his wingers don't produce jack shit.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He had a great game today. His team produced little but he scored 2 jammy goals.. One was a Hart feck up, the other a great pivot and smashing in top corner

I don't know why De Boer doesn't give Gabigol a chance out wide though, his wingers don't produce jack shit.
Only one goal was 'jammy'. The second was class.

He'd be a great addition here, and I reckon someone who will go to war for Mourinho.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Would love us to sign him if he wasn't such a little shithead.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are we interested?

He's a player I'd stay far far away from. Brings too much baggage which I'm not sure his talent compensates for.
Mourinho was apparently a big fan of him at Chelsea, considering his fall out with the Inter supporters recently a move away wouldn't be a surprise. We definitely need another CF and he seems to fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.