g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mauro Icardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Would love us to sign him if he wasn't such a little shithead.
My thoughts exactly. He's the type of centre forward I love in the ilk of Tevez/Suarez from what I've seen. Though, if he does come here, and he produces the goods, the "shithead" part won't be too bad. Our luck with Argentinians has to end sometime! Surely...:D

Skills

Snitch
Id love for us to bring in a striker in January. But he doesn't seem like the type who'd sit out on the bench when required.

GloryHunter07

Can't trust the press under Van Gaal's time.

Didn't they say we bid for Ighalo too that same January?
I don't remember, the Icardi one seemed to be confirmed by the player i think? Either way, it seemed credible and i think we were desperate for a striker at the time.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I'd like to take him yeah for sure, but not for 50M and letting him on the bench !

And I would make him sign a clause in his contract about his wife not entering UK during it.

She's poisoning him (knowing that he doesn't need it to be 'special')

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Very volatile and angry character but a top footballer. He would do great here if Mourinho can fix his character.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why on earth would Manchester United want a player whose wife cum* agent's greatest claim to fame is having videos of her blowjobs all over the internet?

The British media would love all that circus, obviously.

*pun intended

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Why on earth would Manchester United want a player whose wife cum* agent's greatest claim to fame is having videos of her blowjobs all over the internet?

*pun intended
Oh god I completely forgot about that :houllier:
And she's his agent lol , well I guess she has those special negotiating skills so... :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

*pun intended
His agent could be noshing off Guardiola for all I care, so long as the player himself was banging goals for fun.

antohan

His agent could be noshing off Guardiola for all I care, so long as the player himself was banging goals for fun.
It never works that way though. Off pitch and on pitch are intimately linked, even more so with this pampered multimillionaire generations.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It never works that way though. Off pitch and on pitch are intimately linked, even more so with this pampered multimillionaire generations.
These videos are extremely old though, she's literally just had a second or third child, going by her Instagram. I think her blowjob days are over.

I know she was quite responsible for kicking up a fuss over Icardi leaving Inter this season, but I think a lot of 'agents' are culpable for stuff like that. I don't know about the rest of her though, whether she's some sort of diva or social personality or whatever in Italy, but Icardi seems a great player regardless.

antohan

These videos are extremely old though, she's literally just had a second or third child, going by her Instagram. I think her blowjob days are over.

I know she was quite responsible for kicking up a fuss over Icardi leaving Inter this season, but I think a lot of 'agents' are culpable for stuff like that. I don't know about the rest of her though, whether she's some sort of diva or social personality or whatever in Italy, but Icardi seems a great player regardless.
In Argentina. Her sister was the one dating Forlán and causing all those problems with Atlético. You get the picture: professional media-hungry WAGs

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
More of a diego costa than a suarez/tevez type player. Good player, but have no idea if he will fit in our team or even if he wanted to come here.

NYAS

Don't need him. Rashford up front. He'll be ready to lead the line when Zlatan leaves. We look like we finally have a potentially world-class local talent, why would you want to ruin that development?

And no, this isn't the same as people not wanting Robin van Persie because he would stunt Welbeck's development.

Devil may care

Don't need him. Rashford up front. He'll be ready to lead the line when Zlatan leaves. We look like we finally have a potentially world-class local talent, why would you want to ruin that development?

And no, this isn't the same as people not wanting Robin van Persie because he would stunt Welbeck's development.
Rashford is a long way off being ready to lead the line for a club with goals of winning the PL and competing in the CL, he'll only be 19 next season and someone will have to take over from Ibra then.

NYAS

Rashford is a long way off being ready to lead the line for a club with goals of winning the PL and competing in the CL, he'll only be 19 next season and someone will have to take over from Ibra then.
I disagree. Rashford couldn't have shown more ability if he even tried when playing at centre-forward. Unless you fundamentally believe that as a principle, 19/20 year-olds (no matter how good they are) should not be first-choice strikers for any club of our stature, then I don't know how you've made that judgment.

I like him as an option off the bench while Ibrahimovic is here and I don't think he should be starting now, but when the Swede is gone it's a different story.

United Pro

I personally don't see anything wrong with Martial. If we were to buy a striker, I'd like for the player to have be tall, strong and be able to hold up the play, which is where we were lacking before Zlatan came along.

Devil may care

I disagree. Rashford couldn't have shown more ability if he even tried when playing at centre-forward. Unless you fundamentally believe that as a principle, 19/20 year-olds (no matter how good they are) should not be first-choice strikers for any club of our stature, then I don't know how you've made that judgment.

I like him as an option off the bench while Ibrahimovic is here and I don't think he should be starting now, but when the Swede is gone it's a different story.
It's a well known fact that young players run hot and cold, that's why you don't see PL winning sides with teenage strikers or CB's, you need consistency in those key positions to mount a challenge, it's why most young strikers are used as impact subs or out wide while they mature. I also don't think Rashford's game is rounded enough yet to be the main man, he's got an eye for goal but there's a lot more to it than that, and for the next 2 or 3 seasons I think we should be nuturing his talent, not expecting him to lead the line for a team expecting to compete. I think the fact he's local is leading to a lot of overhyping and putting the cart before the horse, I'd rather play the long game and he wont be ready to start as the main #9 next season, he's not good enough yet.

I personally don't see anything wrong with Martial. If we were to buy a striker, I'd like for the player to have be tall, strong and be able to hold up the play, which is where we were lacking before Zlatan came along.
We look to be moving towards a 4-3-3, in that sytem you need wide players that can get you 15-20 goals, we have one in Martial and if he's moved to #9 we'd have to buy another, which is self defeating IMO as there's even less options than there are striker options. Jose has always liked #9's with strong hold up play so I think you'd get your wish whoever he opted for.

NYAS

It's a well known fact that young players run hot and cold, that's why you don't see PL winning sides with teenage strikers or CB's, you need consistency in those key positions to mount a challenge, it's why most young strikers are used as impact subs or out wide while they mature. I also don't think Rashford's game is rounded enough yet to be the main man, he's got an eye for goal but there's a lot more to it than that, and for the next 2 or 3 seasons I think we should be nuturing his talent, not expecting him to lead the line for a team expecting to compete. I think the fact he's local is leading to a lot of overhyping and putting the cart before the horse, I'd rather play the long game and he wont be ready to start as the main #9 next season, he's not good enough yet.
I truly believe he's an exceptional talent regardless of whether he's local or not. I don't disagree with the fact that young players are usually inconsistent but we haven't seen inconsistency yet from Rashford in the striker position. I don't want to apply generalizations in football to someone who hasn't yet shown that problem. He might be good enough to do it, but even if we were to go ahead with your point, the problem is you need a 30 year-old striker at least for that kind of arrangement to work and still give Rashford the chance to make the position his own. Where's the sense in splashing money on a 23 year-old Icardi? I would much rather someone who would only be here for a handful of years and do a great job, someone like Ibrahimovic and van Persie.

We need to bring back some long-term vision and an actual strategy to this club's transfer activity. We have way more pressing needs.

Devil may care

I truly believe he's an exceptional talent regardless of whether he's local or not. I don't disagree with the fact that young players are usually inconsistent but we haven't seen inconsistency yet from Rashford in the striker position. I don't want to apply generalizations in football to someone who hasn't yet shown that problem. He might be good enough to do it, but even if we were to go ahead with your point, the problem is you need a 30 year-old striker at least for that kind of arrangement to work and still give Rashford the chance to make the position his own. Where's the sense in splashing money on a 23 year-old Icardi? I would much rather someone who would only be here for a handful of years and do a great job, someone like Ibrahimovic and van Persie.

We need to bring back some long-term vision and an actual strategy to this club's transfer activity. We have way more pressing needs.
I rate Rashford but I think he's impressed you to a degree that he hasn't with me yet, so we are coming at that from a different viewpoint which trickles down into the rest of the discussion. I haven't seen anything to suggest he'd break the mold regarding the history of teams that have won leagues having older, more proven players up top and in defense. I also believe that if someone is good enough they find their way through, going into next season with Rashford as the #9 and not buying anyone would be suicidal IMO, maybe not Icardi but there are very few options out there, I don't think we should write off a couple of seasons just to accomodate Rashford.

United Pro

We look to be moving towards a 4-3-3, in that sytem you need wide players that can get you 15-20 goals, we have one in Martial and if he's moved to #9 we'd have to buy another, which is self defeating IMO as there's even less options than there are striker options. Jose has always liked #9's with strong hold up play so I think you'd get your wish whoever he opted for.
Are we? From watching United games for the last 2 seasons, I've seen managers adamantly sticking to 4231, even when most agree that we would do better in a 433. But I agree with your point. Mkhitaryan hopefully can score 10+ and assist the same if we was given a chance on the right. And between Rashford and Martial, who can both play as LW and striker, we'll have other players who can score 10-15 a season. But we would be lacking quality up front or on the wings, depending on where Martial plays.

IFC 1905

In Argentina. Her sister was the one dating Forlán and causing all those problems with Atlético. You get the picture: professional media-hungry WAGs

I'm not her sister's lawyer or something, but she is kinda normal and is not known for that kind of episodes. Dunno which problems you're talking about.

And she's way hotter than Wanda.

antohan

I'm not her sister's lawyer or something, but she is kinda normal and is not known for that kind of episodes. Dunno which problems you're talking about.

And she's way hotter than Wanda.
Sure is hotter and definitely more of a girl next door type.

The issues at Atlético were as much her doing as Diego's really. Basically, fans noticed that whenever she came visit a whole circus act of paparazzi, tabloid-style reporters, interviewers, etc came along... and that it affected his focus and performances.

Here in Uruguay we were concerned as well going into the 2010 WC, but we know how that turned out... The problem ultimately was the Atletico fans perceived that dip and its link to her visits, were vocal about it, and Diego pretty much made it clear they could go do one. The bridges were burnt.

I also know from good sources that when he canceled their wedding the whole thing boiled down to him realising he didn't want to marry her family (gold-digging parents, in particular).

So yes, you are right there's nothing specifically wrong with her sister. But the dodgy entourage and thirst for media attention runs in the family.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not sure Icardi is that type?
I haven't seen much of him so I may be wrong, but I got the impression he was a very hard working centre forward who'd harass the opposition to death who also had very good technical ability, too.

More of a diego costa than a suarez/tevez type player. Good player, but have no idea if he will fit in our team or even if he wanted to come here.
I have Costa in the same category as Suarez/Tevez. Hard working centre forwards with good technique. I think if we did sign Icardi, he'd excel here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Icardi is a good old fashioned striker. He's quite lethal upfront (not Inzaghi level but good enough). 10 goals in 24 games with Sampdoria and 65 goals in 111 games with Inter is quite a record for a striker. Regarding his technique he's slightly more gifted than Inzaghi was. There again, you buy Icardi for his goals not for his technique or his ability to drop deep.

If he was playing for Barcelona or Juventus I would say we shouldn't bother to get him. There's no reason to be taken to the cleaners because of him. Having said that Icardi plays with Inter, a club whose in shambles. Ultras gate had contributed to burn bridges between the boy and the club which should drive the price lower.

In my opinion we should bid for him. He wont cost a bomb (which would allow us to spend the big money on the flanks), he's quite reliable without being a big name who'll expect to play week in week out and he'll bring a different approach to our game to what Rashford and Martial can offer. I am sick of having these marquee strikers whom we struggle to put on the bench.

GloryHunter07

I haven't seen much of him so I may be wrong, but I got the impression he was a very hard working centre forward who'd harass the opposition to death who also had very good technical ability, too.
Oh ok, thats not the impression i got but ive only seen highlights.

United Pro

Icardi is a good old fashioned striker. He's quite lethal upfront (not Inzaghi level but good enough). 10 goals in 24 games with Sampdoria and 65 goals in 111 games with Inter is quite a record for a striker. Regarding his technique he's slightly more gifted than Inzaghi was. There again, you buy Icardi for his goals not for his technique or his ability to drop deep.

If he was playing for Barcelona or Juventus I would say we shouldn't bother to get him. There's no reason to be taken to the cleaners because of him. Having said that Icardi plays with Inter, a club whose in shambles. Ultras gate had contributed to burn bridges between the boy and the club which should drive the price lower.

In my opinion we should bid for him. He wont cost a bomb (which would allow us to spend the big money on the flanks), he's quite reliable without being a big name who'll expect to play week in week out and he'll bring a different approach to our game to what Rashford and Martial can offer. I am sick of having these marquee strikers whom we struggle to put on the bench.
Didn't Inter reject a £50m bid for him from Napoli in the summer though?

United Pro

It was 52m Euros.

Also Napoli is Inter's competitors, we're not + it was prior to the Ultragate
Hmm I remember the newspaper Gazetto saying something something a lot higher, but maybe they're not accurate. Either way, regardless of what's happening with Icardi and fans, there's no way anyone will sell to English clubs, especially United, at any reasonable price. He'll cost £40m at the minimum imo.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hmm I remember the newspaper Gazetto saying something something a lot higher, but maybe they're not accurate. Either way, regardless of what's happening with Icardi and fans, there's no way anyone will sell to English clubs, especially United, at any reasonable price. He'll cost £40m at the minimum imo.
I think he will go for 30-40m.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
The problem is, in 2016 if you sell an established world class goalscorer for 50m, you can only buy a question mark youngster with that money, or some guy like Cavani (or not even that)..

Bojan11

Can we sign him in January please. Our striking options are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.