Mauro Icardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We used to get linked to players to get them bigger contracts, now we get linked to get Galatasaray to pay up.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
How good is he nowadays, I careless who his agent is or the troubles he's had in the past but what I'm interested in is can he deliver for this current team?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The "baggage", his wife is least of a concern when it comes to not signing him. Him being shit is the biggest reason.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How good is he nowadays, I careless who his agent is or the troubles he's had in the past but what I'm interested in is can he deliver for this current team?
Ok so here's the deal with Icardi

He was totally decent in 19/20, very good start, took Cavani's place, a bit more complicated at the end of the season but overall it was encouraging. He's purely a box striker though, he won't do much outside of his goal input.
20/21 was more complicater, he got COVID, lots if injuries, weight issues, he started to become unreliable.
21/22 was really bad, he showed up very overweight, never picked up a decent form, seemed to be more interesting in BBQs than football. Still scored a couple of decent goals but the team had to move on without him since he couldn't be trusted.

He could do better if he goes to another club, the only good news is that he came back fit this preseason, but the ship has sailed at PSG.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Ok so here's the deal with Icardi

He was totally decent in 19/20, very good start, took Cavani's place, a bit more complicated at the end of the season but overall it was encouraging. He's purely a box striker though, he won't do much outside of his goal input.
20/21 was more complicater, he got COVID, lots if injuries, weight issues, he started to become unreliable.
21/22 was really bad, he showed up very overweight, never picked up a decent form, seemed to be more interesting in BBQs than football. Still scored a couple of decent goals but the team had to move on without him since he couldn't be trusted.

He could do better if he goes to another club, the only good news is that he came back fit this preseason, but the ship has sailed at PSG.
We can go in with a €4m loan with option to buy for €15m if he scores 15 goals in all competition for us.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
We can go in with a €4m loan with option to buy for €15m if he scores 15 goals in all competition for us.
You can go in with 200 quids and a pint of beer, Icardi was put in our loft, he'll get loaned for pretty much anything. He'll reportedly never play for PSG ever again.

Zoo

His overall game is so lacking. Can’t see Ten Hag being interested at all.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A transfer that makes very little sense if, as reported, United a looking for a forward who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Therefore it's about 90% likely. After all, in recruitment, we basically always make the wrong decision.

DanishPastry

I´m new here, but to be honest, it seems scary.

Both Rabiot and Icardi are great players, but they both have shown in many clubs to actually be "above the club" there is no "team" in any of them, which have made them problematic for all clubs.. maybe Icardi loosing his backing singer (his wife) that interferes a lot like an agent, will change him a bit, but mindset wise, i think TRUST is so important in a team in a build up phase, and i REALLY do not think that you can gain that from any of these players.. pound for pound i think they as "players" if you just look at skill, both have something to deliver, but is it worth the risk, for player quality just above average.

Maybe because of all the failures Manchester Utd, does not have the pull for better players.

i am Danish so i see Eriksen as a great TEAM value adder, and the right mindset, i don´t thing Man UTD is the best for him, but i think we need more of that. if he is played right.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Rabiot’s old girl and Icardi’s bird

Just the type of toxicity we need.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He scored 4 goals last season. Icardi is done at a top 5 league.

diarm

Ffs

I'm half expecting to turn on my phone tomorrow morning to discover we've signed Icardi and are creating a new executive board headed up by Wanda and Old Mrs Rabiot.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Based on how our club is run at the moment he is a no brainer signing at the moment. Short term. High wages. Washed up. Rinse and repeat.

croadyman

Not against it on a loan deal, however very much doubt there's anything in this at all

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
May I ask how you came to this conclusion?
Yeah. Icardi and Wanda behaved very well in my opinion, especially when you consider the fact that he has been contested from day one, that PSG are ostensibly trying to get rid of him and that the press leaked the idea that the owner felt that Leonardo made him buy a dud. They may have had attitude issues at Inter but to me it seems that they have matured.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Yeah. Icardi and Wanda behaved very well in my opinion, especially when you consider the fact that he has been contested from day one, that PSG are ostensibly trying to get rid of him and that press leaked the idea that the owner felt that Leonardo made him buy a dud. They may have had attitude issues at Inter but to me it seems that they have matured.
Yeah and Wanda's statement about Icardi having 2 years left on his contract is pretty much what any agent would have done in such situation, it all seems pretty normal to me, I excpected far worse when he arrived.

dinostar77

PSG rejects……ffs this is really lazy journalism
Probably less lazy journalism, more likely agents everywhere know Utd are after a forward, and anyone whos unsettled or not getting requored game time is being name dropped by their agent(s) to the press.

diarm

If the roof leaks get any worse this winter, it could be handy having Wanda about the stadium as a flotation device. She could end up saving Martinez when he goes under.

Status
Not open for further replies.