Mauro Icardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

On a list with a couple. I hope it’s Morata we end up with.
State of this club.

Fail the new manager all summer, worst start to the league in years and fans are crying out for Alvaro fecking Morata :lol:

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Give me Morata 100 times over instead of this guy

Tiber

Good players, but seems to come with a huge amount of baggage.

Thiagoal

I’ve always liked the look of Icardi- his movement and finishing is top class. Sometimes a player just fits at a new club and maybe a club the size of United will get him back on track and firing

Thiagoal

Arnautovic
Icardi
Rabiot

Some questionable characters
I’m wondering if this is deliberate! Our bunch of snow flakes might need a player with a bit of arrogance to lift there confidence

Tibs

Someone behind the scenes is clearly taking the piss with some of these...I'm HOPING that the idea is that we all get annoyed, we don't sign them, and the club make sure we get FDJ.

But then I remember we're actually trying to sign Rabiot.

Castia

Who would you prefer son?
Every top side in the PL signed a striker early in the window. Here we are linked to Icardi, Morata and Arnoutovich I want neither of those, none of them are good enough.

Have we not learned that filling the squad with shite will get us nowhere? The summer has already failed now they’re in panic mode that will probably put us back even further.

Mainoldo

Every top side in the PL signed a striker early in the window. Here we are linked to Icardi, Morata and Arnoutovich I want neither of those, none of them are good enough.

Have we not learned that filling the squad with shite will get us nowhere?
Really? When Richarlison was linked we didn’t want him so bad we locked his transfer forum thread.

I don’t think non of us have the answer. But that’s okay the market for strikers is terrible.

Castia

Really? When Richarlison was linked we didn’t want him so bad we locked his transfer forum thread.

I don’t think non of us have the answer. But that’s okay the market for strikers is terrible.
Very early in the window though at that time we was linked with Antony and Nunez if people could see how this summer would go they would have taken Richarlison without a doubt.

I’m not even sure we need a striker, for me the wide areas are much worse off. Presuming Ronaldo stays we have him and Martial to play through the middle. Out wide we have a terrible Rashford with a terrible Elanga as backup. Sancho hasn’t exactly blown us away either has he.

Pintu

To be fair, I'd rather take him than Morata. He has a reputation for being an idiot, but when he is bothered he is a striker who can score goals, unlike Morata.

SuperiorXI

Vardy, Arnautovic, Icardi, Rabiot...

Why are we going after players with a reputation for causing problems? (in Rabiot's case more his mummy)

SamVimes

To be fair, I'd rather take him than Morata. He has a reputation for being an idiot, but when he is bothered he is a striker who can score goals, unlike Morata.
When he is bothered is the issue. We already have a striker here who is not bothered.

He has done nothing at PSG for the last 3 years and we think he is going to come good here. Fail to plan, plan to fail.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Icardi is a very good finisher but my question with this, as with Vardy, is: Weren't we looking for a back to goal striker? A big guy who could hold the ball up and bring others into play? Someone like Sesko or Kalajdzic or Arnautovic? So how have we ended up with someone who's more like an Argentine Michael Owen?

How is Man Utd profiling players? Cos the strikers we're being linked to have virtually nothing in common besides being 'good' in some general sense. As has been the case, for years and years, it feels like we just go after 'good' players without giving any thought to how they would fit into a system.

When we appointed Ten Hag I thought (hoped) we might finally be settling on a style of play and be willing to scout to make that happen. In hindsight that was stupid. If we sign Icardi or Vardy or anyone of these other, run in behind strikers they will score goals. However, will we be able to play the way Ten Hag wants to? I have my doubts.

witchtrials

Icardi is a very good finisher but my question with this, as with Vardy, is: Weren't we looking for a back to goal striker? A big guy who could hold the ball up and bring others into play? Someone like Sesko or Kalajdzic or Arnautovic? So how have we ended up with someone who's more like an Argentine Michael Owen?

How is Man Utd profiling players? Cos the strikers we're being linked to have virtually nothing in common besides being 'good' in some general sense. As has been the case, for years and years, it feels like we just go after 'good' players without giving any thought to how they would fit into a system.
Exactly.

I would happily give most targets the benefit of the doubt if it seemed like the was some specific tactical niche that we were recruiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.