Maxence Caqueret

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Since Pogba is looking like the disappointing player that will end up leaving us on a free I have been trying hard to find someone that can do some passing from deep and it's not been the easiest thing to find.

However, I have enjoyed watching bits and pieces of Maxence Caqueret whenever I can but i don't get to see him much - so I want to open a thread about him.

He is very young and needs to grow physically but has good awareness around him. It allows him to dribble out of trouble with his back to the opponent a bit like Veratti can do. His passing is good with a mix of long balls and through balls, but it can get better as I feel like he is still growing and finding his role. He can press quickly which is always not needed but good to have in his locker.

He isn't that single type of CDM to me, so you will need another next to him. As a creative player I'd like him after Pogba because he balances that creative/defensive aspect better - however Pogba's creative aspect is at its prime and hard to completely overcome if he is leaving.

Out of all the French players, I do like the look of Caqueret the most because he plays differently to that "ndombele way" I see alot of French young midfielders being able to play an being instantly rated as a £50mil+ player afterwards.

Hopefully some regular watchers can keep updated on his progress.

izec

I like him. First time he caught my eye was against Juve in the CL. Really a good little player. Not as flashy, but i think he got the basics right in terms of decision making and technique, can keep the ball under pressure as well.

Sea-Cow

I have only seen bits and clips here and there, but he always looks quality. He reminds me of Ander Herrera.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A midfielder who can turn away from his man and out of trouble and pass the ball more than 10 yards without consistently risking losing it would be a fine thing to have again.

SAF is the GOAT

Caqueret and Enzo Le Fee are great alternatives to Frenkie de Jong. Both would fit very well next to Casemiro. FdJ would be my first choice but it seems unlikely he'll come to us.
I don't know why we aren't even considering on taking on hidden gems like him.

The guy has only 1 year(till 2024) on his contract and he's only 23yo. He could be a great addition to our squad and I don't think he'll be more than 25m pounds

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't know why we aren't even considering on taking on hidden gems like him.

The guy has only 1 year(till 2024) on his contract and he's only 23yo. He could be a great addition to our squad and I don't think he'll be more than 25m pounds
So you're saying it would be a low fee for Le Fee?