Maximillian Oyedele

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I couldn't see a thread for him.

Changed the game today when he came on tonight, allowed us to get a hold on the midfield, moved the ball quickly and correctly after winning it/receiving as well.

No real point to this thread other than to say well done to the lad.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's not as flamboyant as Mainoo or Hansen nor is he an expansive passer like Gore, but he's been a solid defensive presence in the U-18s. He's mainly played as a defensive midfielder, but with his skill set and physical attributes, he might also work out as a centre back. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting more match time as a centre back the closer he gets to senior football, though he's also skillful enough to play in the midfield.

Mickson

Very useful player for the U18 all season. Unlucky not to start, but I'm glad he came on, got a taste of it, and did very well with some praise to his name.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Congrats to him. Sounds like he's had a very good season and has some potential.

KevinJoh

loaned to Altrincham obviously, but I am not sure if it until the end of the season, or just youth loan for a few games. He was on the bench in the first game, lets hope he will play this weekend.

Bertie Wooster

Hope his first loan goes well for him - and better than Will Fish did at Stockport!

I think a youth loan, so he can still train and play with us at times, is a good idea given his age and relative inexperience at even U21 level.

I've been impressed with him in the last season or two with the U18's so would like to see him kick on with us at U21 level and on loan in senior football.

KevinJoh

I am wondering why he did not get a lot of chances at U21 level as he was excellent with U18. Probably U18 need more experience and U21 have a lot of player competing for the same position as we had Savage, Zidane, Mainoo, Gore, Collyer occupying that position in previous games

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
You’re on the prowl with our loans today!

Should do a loanee thread? Would be good
A boring day in the PL so kind of looking around especially now that there's quite a few of our younger players in the EFL. Yeah I'm not sure if people want all the info in one thread or that the players' individual threads are bumped?

TheReligion

Abusive
A boring day in the PL so kind of looking around especially now that there's quite a few of our younger players in the EFL. Yeah I'm not sure if people want all the info in one thread or that the players' individual threads are bumped?
i think one thread would be good with all the loanees listed. Bit of work though but would be very valuable.

top1whoisman

Scout
i think one thread would be good with all the loanees listed. Bit of work though but would be very valuable.
Not that much work to be honest, quite easy to get all the info from matches etc. Perhaps I'll think about it for next season as we're already approaching the business end of the season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not that much work to be honest, quite easy to get all the info from matches etc. Perhaps I'll think about it for next season as we're already approaching the business end of the season.
Fair enough mate. I like seeing your updates anyway so please continue

top1whoisman

Scout
Alty boss Phil Parkinson on Oyedele:

He's had to wait really patiently for his time. What he's delivered today is what he's been telling me he's going to do so he just needs to keep doing it now and keep his place in the team.

Physicality (in this league) is not a problem for Maxi, it's more about his game awareness, game understanding. He's shown me he's got that today. We took a bit of a risk putting him in so early in the second half, but again I wanted to see if he could deliver on what we spoke about and he has. He has done ever so well.

He's at a great club at United. If he wants to get there he's got to be a standout player for us and I'm sure he will be.

top1whoisman

Scout
Played 180 minutes (and played in all 6 matches) for Poland who qualified for the U19 Euros for the first time in 17 years. The finals are in Malta in July.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Played 180 minutes for Poland who qualified for the U19 Euros for the first time in 17 years. The finals are in Malta in July.
That's good to hear.

As I just posted, I was following the Wales U17's with Biancheri playing and they also qualified for the U17 Euros. But great to hear about Oyedele and Poland as well.

top1whoisman

Scout
Came on after 57 minutes away at Oldham, scored 1-2 goal after 79 mins. Altrincham came back from 0-2 to 2-2 with ten men.

Last edited: