Maximillian Oyedele

KevinJoh

He really looks promising. Not like he will be an option for this summer, and yes it is 5th level, but he streight away went to first team as 18 years old without any senior experience, and obviously he is more than capable to play in this league. I hope to see him in better team and league next year, hopefully even League One, he definitely has physicality to get minutes there.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Alty boss Phil Parkinson on Oyedele yesterday:

"Maxi was inspirational when he came on, in terms of driving us forward, organising people - great leadership qualities for an 18-year old. It was brilliant to see. He galvanised us. He was outstanding."

Last edited:

Sancho99

Alty boss Phil Parkinson on Oyedele yesterday:

"Maxi was inspirational when he came on, in terms of driving us forward, organising people - great leadership qualities for an 18-year old. It was brilliant to see. He galvanised us. He was outstanding."
Whenever I've had a look to see how he's doing it seems he's more often than not having an impact in games. Is he not starting games yet?

It sounds like he is very mature lad for his age if he's showing that kind of leadership already.

top1whoisman

Scout
Whenever I've had a look to see how he's doing it seems he's more often than not having an impact in games. Is he not starting games yet?

It sounds like he is very mature lad for his age if he's showing that kind of leadership already.
Unused sub in the beginning of his loan. Then got two sub appearances followed by six starts whenever he was involved (away with Poland youth etc). Subbed on yesterday.

TheReligion

Abusive
Unused sub in the beginning of his loan. Then got two sub appearances followed by six starts whenever he was involved (away with Poland youth etc). Subbed on yesterday.
Thanks for your updates. You should definitely do a loan thread next season! Look forward to your bumps

Anyway, where are they playing him?

I feel at academy he was adjusting a bit but settling on where he is best is kind of important now.

top1whoisman

Scout
Thanks for your updates. You should definitely do a loan thread next season! Look forward to your bumps

Anyway, where are they playing him?

I feel at academy he was adjusting a bit but settling on where he is best is kind of important now.
I think there’s a lot of posters who are perhaps interested in certain players on loan while not being that keen on others so one thread that gets constantly bumped might not work for all. Maybe seeing the player name in the thread title gives everybody the choice whether to open the thread or not. Might have to think about it.

Appreciate your words anyway, thank you.

Haven’t seen full games so difficult for me to say for certain. Based on what I’ve gathered he started as a CM but has lately been coming inside from the right.

I think he’s best as a CM who has the licence to carry the ball forward and make runs all the way into the box. I’m confident he could play deeper too but I don’t think that’s an ideal match for his skillset.

In my humble opinion both him and Mainoo are at their best as an 8 so it will be interesting to see how and to which positions they develop.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think there’s a lot of posters who are perhaps interested in certain players on loan while not being that keen on others so one thread that gets constantly bumped might not work for all. Maybe seeing the player name in the thread title gives everybody the choice whether to open the thread or not. Might have to think about it.

Appreciate your words anyway, thank you.

Haven’t seen full games so difficult for me to say for certain. Based on what I’ve gathered he started as a CM but has lately been coming inside from the right.

I think he’s best as a CM who has the licence to carry the ball forward and make runs all the way into the box. I’m confident he could play deeper too but I don’t think that’s an ideal match for his skillset.

In my humble opinion both him and Mainoo are at their best as an 8 so it will be interesting to see how and to which positions they develop.
It’s a similar predicament with Hannibal really and one we have had in the past with Pogba.

Borninthe80ts

Firstly i agree with the praise being given out. I appreciate all the youth updates, it’s one place without much drama! Anyway know it takes effort so grateful too all.

On the subject of Max as much as his shown significant improvement as a player over the last 18 months it’s his attitude/application I’ve always admired. Always energetic, drives forward and makes himself available. Traits which sometimes can our youth teams lack. Def a Underrated prospect.

In relation to the 3 players mentioned, I agree all are best moving forward with the ball but also could see all 3 playing together in the future. Kobe I can see sitting deeper with age anyway, and have both Max and Hannibal driving forward either side. Def a combative trio!

Mickson

I saw him against Oldham. He ran the game when he came on, baffling that he didn't start. Technically better than almost everyone on the pitch and also very strong and calm. He has added goals to his game as well. It was 100% thanks to him that they came back against Oldham the other day. Hugill played as well, wasn't involved much but worked extremely hard. I remember hearing that Troy Deeney said that United kids are more humble than say Chelsea kids, and Hugill (Oyedele as well) really showed that. Rare that big club youngsters give it all and make tackles at their own half as strikers in this environment.

top1whoisman

Scout
I saw him against Oldham. He ran the game when he came on, baffling that he didn't start. Technically better than almost everyone on the pitch and also very strong and calm. He has added goals to his game as well. It was 100% thanks to him that they came back against Oldham the other day. Hugill played as well, wasn't involved much but worked extremely hard. I remember hearing that Troy Deeney said that United kids are more humble than say Chelsea kids, and Hugill (Oyedele as well) really showed that. Rare that big club youngsters give it all and make tackles at their own half as strikers in this environment.
Nice to hear. Both starting tonight again.

It’s important for development to learn how to influence games coming on from the bench too.

As you said adding goals to his game is a big bonus. A very good loan for Maxi.

top1whoisman

Scout
Subbed off a couple of minutes after the start of the second half :nervous: Hope he's not injured.

Edit: Apparently he got a knock before HT but was able to start the the second half. Hope it's nothing serious.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Apparently only a dead leg luckily.

The Altrincham manager said in his post-match interview that both Oyedele and Hugill go back to United now and they might still play some games for Alty before the end of the season. Said we’ve recalled them for now but it’s not necessarily a permanent recall.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Apparently only a dead leg luckily.

The Altrincham manager said in his post-match interview that both Oyedele and Hugill go back to United now and they might still play some games for Alty before the end of the season. Said we’ve recalled them for now but it’s not necessarily a permanent recall.
That's good news about the injury just being a dead leg.

Glad the loan has gone so well for him. Interesting that both he and Hugill are returning - our U21 line ups have looked pretty weak in the last couple of months. Presumably they'll be featuring in some games for those while they're back?

top1whoisman

Scout
That's good news about the injury just being a dead leg.

Glad the loan has gone so well for him. Interesting that both he and Hugill are returning - our U21 line ups have looked pretty weak in the last couple of months. Presumably they'll be featuring in some games for those while they're back?
Yeah that’s what I think too as we’re a bit thin on players in the U21s. Then again we’re more or less safe in the PL2 so they’d surely gain more from playing for Alty?

Maybe they still will. Maybe United just wanted to have a look at what they’ve learned and how they’ve developed and will decide on match-by-match basis where to play them.

Bertie Wooster

Yeah that’s what I think too as we’re a bit thin on players in the U21s. Then again we’re more or less safe in the PL2 so they’d surely gain more from playing for Alty?

Maybe they still will. Maybe United just wanted to have a look at what they’ve learned and how they’ve developed and will decide on match-by-match basis where to play them.
Yeah, and I think that's a really good way of dealing with players like Hugill and Oyedele - who are maybe a bit betwixt and between at the moment in terms of, say, an EFL loan.

So keeping them in and around the U21 level, while at the same time getting them senior football at level 5 at a club who are happy with that arrangement, is a really good idea.

Next season I imagine they'll progress to the usual type of EFL loan - especially Oyedele, given how well he's performed with Altrincham.

top1whoisman

Scout
United refused to let Oyedele go to the U19 Euros that kick off tonight. Same as Hansen-Aarøen.

Borninthe80ts

It’s pleasing that he was getting the recognition for his form by the national team but this is progress. He is one of 5/6 I’m hoping to see gets some minutes in pre season. Not saying he’s read but yeah.

top1whoisman

Scout
It’s pleasing that he was getting the recognition for his form by the national team but this is progress. He is one of 5/6 I’m hoping to see gets some minutes in pre season. Not saying he’s read but yeah.
I’d say the following will get minutes ahead of him in the two midfield positions, as things stand.

Casemiro
Eriksen
Fred
McTominay
Hannibal
Mainoo

I can see both sides of the argument but those opportunities to play in international tournaments are rare. I understand EtH wants to have a look at all young players but I’m not 100% sure pre season training with the first team and 45 minutes against Wrexham will be more beneficial for his development than the Euros.

Varun1

I’d say the following will get minutes ahead of him in the two midfield positions, as things stand.

Casemiro
Eriksen
Fred
McTominay
Hannibal
Mainoo

I can see both sides of the argument but those opportunities to play in international tournaments are rare. I understand EtH wants to have a look at all young players but I’m not 100% sure pre season training with the first team and 45 minutes against Wrexham will be more beneficial for his development than the Euros.
If we're looking to sell both, I hope neither Fred nor Mct play in pre-season. Might as well give Hannibal, Maino and co those minutes.

top1whoisman

Scout
If we're looking to sell both, I hope neither Fred nor Mct play in pre-season. Might as well give Hannibal, Maino and co those minutes.
It’s not currently looking like we’re selling McTominay. If we’ve 100% decided to sell someone and we’ve got some clubs genuine interested, I agree - give those minutes to the youngsters. Just can’t see Oyedele getting regular minutes in the first team this pre-season.

Borninthe80ts

As was suggested I think one or 2 will be gone from that list and as always we will pick up injuries or just lack of transfers in time. I don’t even expect him to get regular minutes ala Iqbal last year pre season, just a game to see him with and against quality players.

Anyway I kind of agree with the tournament aspect, but I’d say it more personal. Me as an individual if I could go to any tournament any time I would but others may see it differently. The experience of first team pre season may inspire.

Gungerz

Assist for Poland U21's winner against Estonia.

Borninthe80ts

I wonder where Max is viewed in the hierarchy of young midfielders that we have. He seems to quietly improve, or at least impress when given new challenges. Thought he might have been loaned out again, but at least he can impress the manager close up.

top1whoisman

Scout
So he was loaned to Forest Green Rovers for the rest of the season. And according to reports FGR have sacked their manager. Another ”fingers crossed he’ll get some minutes” type of loan then.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Didn't make it 24 hours with this manager. Loan manager is elite

top1whoisman

Scout
We have a relationship with the club and Charlie Savage got a lot of good experience with them last season. I doubt Deeney had much of anything to do with this deal anyway.
According to Maxi he was a big part of why he wanted to go there. And anyway we have no idea who their manager will be or whether they’re even interested in playing him.

Gandalf

According to Maxi he was a big part of why he wanted to go there.
Maybe, but pretty much any new signing will say the same thing, it is just one of the cliches new players trot out. I really doubt Troy Deeney was that much of an attraction and frankly anyone they replace him with would be an upgrade so it is probably to his benefit. I am hopeful he gets a few games anyway as he is clearly outgrowing youth football and there is no route into the first team at United for him this season.

top1whoisman

Scout
Maybe, but pretty much any new signing will say the same thing, it is just one of the cliches new players trot out. I really doubt Troy Deeney was that much of an attraction and frankly anyone they replace him with would be an upgrade so it is probably to his benefit. I am hopeful he gets a few games anyway as he is clearly outgrowing youth football and there is no route into the first team at United for him this season.
In terms of the quality of the management, yes. In terms of playing time, who knows.

Gungerz

I remember a clip from Ben Foster's podcast where Deeney was talking about United loanees always being by far the best he's played with, in terms of attitude & work ethic. So it wouldn't suprise me if he wanted to bring someone in from us specifically.

KevinJoh

Played in both games after loan. First one 7 minutes, the second one 22. Hopefully he will earn more minutes in the next period, but good start so far.