McDonald’s Chief Executive Fired Over Relationship with Employee

Ady87

I guess it's about conflict of interests. I wouldn't have a relationship with a direct report or someone I directly or indirectly report in to. As the Chief Exec, everyone directly or indirectly reports in to you so it can't be avoided and the most important decision maker in the business might end up compromised and causing untold harm. There ain't no way McDonalds are doing this across the board because I had about 4 'encounters' when I worked there!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
You don't think there's a significant difference between a teacher student relationship and a relationship between two adults happening to work for the same company? Should relationships on redcafe be allowed? Might lead to some problems some time down the line... who knows? @Penna @oates thoughts?
Actually there's a plethora of threads that prove almost all relationships always cause trouble.

Or should we only allow new members to date new members, full members full members, and admins / admins? These things need regulating! It's like the wild west out there.
I know this is a successful forum, but I don't think the Caf is equivalent to a multi-billion dollar corporation! :D

Abizzz

I know this is a successful forum, but I don't think the Caf is equivalent to a multi-billion dollar corporation! :D
:D

No this is social media, and as such, way more important than some fast food joint!

Sorry the white text wasn't meant for you (but it looks bad now). I just didn't want to include it but didn't want to delete it either, if that makes sense. I was thinking along the lines that any good relationship is worth going through some trouble :)

Last edited:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
There won't be a shortage of lawyers lining up for that wrongful dismissal suit.
Aside from the fact he resigned, so wasn't dismissed, and also that he would have signed an employment contract that outlined what he fell foul of.

So I don't think the lawyers will be lining up.

Cloud7

This is so much nonsense. Hierarchal systems exist in pretty much every single workplace. Does that mean you simply can’t date someone from your workplace because they work under you? That’s ridiculous.

I’m sure as the CEO he was probably aware of these laws to some extent, but the broader issue is that companies should have no right to tell their employees who they can and can’t be with, once it’s between consenting adults.

pascell

How far down the job pyramid does this go? The McDonalds my friends used to work at there was plenty of employees dating each other, including the store manager.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
How far down the job pyramid does this go? The McDonalds my friends used to work at there was plenty of employees dating each other, including the store manager.
Different at the corporate office where I used to work. Knew a couple both who worked at the office but the husband joined later I believe

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

investigators found nude photographs sent from Mr Easterbrook's company email account as well as messages showing that he approved a grant of company shares worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to one of the employees "shortly after their first sexual encounter".

McDonald's said that had it been aware of this information, it would not have approved his multi-million dollar pay-off.
What an idiot. Proof that you don’t need to be particularly smart to be a CEO.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Does anyone genuinely believe this sort of stuff anymore? The idea that CEOs are x times smarter than their employees has been disproved time and time again surely?
By all accounts, he was a smart guy. Turned around their business models with good and timely decisions at th corporate level.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Those level of jobs are more about networking than how smart you are. Sending nude photos with your company email is beyond daft.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He probably thought he could get away with it. Must have felt surprised about the accountability.