McLaren is teaching Fergie a lesson...

• Thread starter Used to be Jip Jaap
  • Start date

Used to be Jip Jaap

I dunno about you lot but I can't help noticing the ironic AND telling fact that it is McLaren's Middlesbrough that dented our championship ambitions so badly today - 'cos let's face it: it's going to be very, very difficult to win it now.
The difference in class between the players available to the two managers is huge - still, Boro can very easily end up costing us the chance to win two out of three major trophies this year. That calls for at bit of thinking in the United camp IMO.

If SAF's last three years are to match his legacy he'd better get a top class coach and start think a bit more deeply about HOW exactly he wants United to play (and beat teams like Poo) ASAP...

Norwegian Red

Originally posted by Used to be Jip Jaap:
<strong>I dunno about you lot but I can't help noticing the ironic AND telling fact that it is McLaren's Middlesbrough that dented our championship ambitions so badly today - 'cos let's face it: it's going to be very, very difficult to win it now.
The difference in class between the players available to the two managers is huge - still, Boro can very easily end up costing us the chance to win two out of three major trophies this year. That calls for at bit of thinking in the United camp IMO.

If SAF's last three years are to match his legacy he'd better get a top class coach and start think a bit more deeply about HOW exactly he wants United to play (and beat teams like Poo) ASAP...</strong><hr></blockquote>

The schoolboy makes his theacher... :eek:

DanishDevil

The Real DD
a land of honesty and good sportmanship. Unlike It
Originally posted by Used to be Jip Jaap:
<strong>I dunno about you lot but I can't help noticing the ironic AND telling fact that it is McLaren's Middlesbrough that dented our championship ambitions so badly today - 'cos let's face it: it's going to be very, very difficult to win it now.

If SAF's last three years are to match his legacy he'd better get a top class coach and start think a bit more deeply about HOW exactly he wants United to play (and beat teams like Poo) ASAP...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I can't see McClaren teaching SAF anything... He just had the right team on the right day... nothing to do with manager-skill...

uranushk1

I'd Bellion if I said I were an optimist
Originally posted by DanishDevil:
<strong>

I can't see McClaren teaching SAF anything... He just had the right team on the right day... nothing to do with manager-skill...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think McClaren is teaching Fergie we can't do with only two strikers in a club like United. He showed that what it feel like when the opponent was defending so well and when you look at our bench you can't see any striker there....

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
mclaren knows the team inside out. that's why they won twice in a row....

$ukhjit

Originally posted by Nistelrooy10:

mclaren knows the team inside out. that's why they won twice in a row....

<hr></blockquote>

I agree! I was about to post a topic/post about this. McLaren knows how United play so he found out a tactic that would frustrate us. It was that we did have chances but we didn't put them away. Only if they had gone in. We have had a poor season, especially at home.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
McLaren isn't doing a bad job for Boro. Give him three years more experience, and he might be the one to replace Fergie after all.
:)