McTominay has surgery on groin injury

hobbers

How long have we known this was coming and still not signed a midfielder :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least we're using the 2 week international break for some of the recovery time.

But yes, huge questions of, could he not have had this immediately after the Euros, or has it massively caught us out?

We can't get by with Matic instead for any length of time!

Toad

Speedy recovery and all that but can’t help but feel that they are rubbing it in our faces that we haven’t sign a midfielder :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

Makes signing a midfielder this window an even more bigger priority than what it already was.

El Zoido

Why did we try and treat this with “other options” in pre-season, only to give him the surgery after the season started? I’m sure he wouldn’t have missed the Euros for anything, but come on.. at least get this done the moment Scotland were out. I don’t understand this at all.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
feck sake, he was really promising against Leeds. More of give away Fred and static I guess, we all know vdb won't play

Zoo

Gross negligence not to bring in a midfielder now.

Deery

Dreary
Donny Van De Beek, step right up, it’s your time to shine…

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We’ve just loaned out 3 of our eldest youth CMs too so it’s not like even they can slot in :lol: it’d be borderline negligence to go into the season with Matic and Fred as our only fit CMs. All the leaks round the club indicate the Glazers have tightened their purse strings again, which to me indicates they’ll never change no matter how much they try and pretend they will.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
And yet we won’t sign a midfielder. feck the Glazers.

if Fred and Matic is our midfield then we will be battling for the 4th CL spot.

They must have known about this injury and the potential need for surgery. Negligence of the highest order.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This should be just the opportunity that VDB needs but unfortunately I still think risk averse Ole will do everything possible to keep him out the team.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
A midfield signing or Donny playing will still not be happening.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Glazers won’t sanction any more signings. We will end up playing Donny in that #8 position.

kps88

His post makes it sound like he will be back after the international break so this doesn't really change things in terms of needing to sign a midfielder. Unless we could sign someone in time for the Wolves game.

shoegazing

For whatever doubts many had about Saul, signing him now on loan would be an incredibly sensible move.

El Zoido

We’ll sign Camavinga or Saul on loan. Hoping we will go big with Rice using Lingard but don’t think we have the funds.
It’s Saul or bust. Camavinga doesn’t want to play for us, and we can’t afford Rice.

VDB can probably do a job there too, it might be his time to shine.

CM

Hopefully he's not out for long. The thought of Fred and Matic playing together again is a huge worry.

Cloud7

Wow, so we're really going to have an extended period with Matic? Surely this means we sign a midfielder. Either that or we make use of he who must not be named.

SATA

We've needed a new midfielder for about 10 years, i'm not even exaggerating.
New is subjective. We have spent about 120M on Fred, Matic and Donny. That’s an alarmingly sum of money which haven’t really improve that area of the pitch at all

Nickosaur

The optimist in me thinks: ooh! must be a new midfielder on the way.
The pessimist in me thinks: all the comments above

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh mate.

We cannot start another game with Matic.

diarm

Whatever about the signing players, i'm losing total faith in the clubs medical department.

We played the arse out of Rashford when the blind man and his dog could see he was unfit for months, then let him go off to the Euros before finally conceding that he needed to have surgery and would miss a chunk of the new season.

No it turns out we've been "managing a niggly injury for months" for McTominay as well. Why the hell are you managing an injury through the summer? Get it fixed.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It’s Saul or bust. Camavinga doesn’t want to play for us, and we can’t afford Rice.

VDB can probably do a job there too, it might be his time to shine.
Not convinced camavinga doesn’t want to join us. The whole things screams of getting the best price - wherever he ends up. He’s been available all summer so someone is taking it to the last minute to drive that price down.

Devil may care

Sounds like a short period out but if he's had the issue for a while why we didn't get him the surgery straight after Scotland were knocked out of the Euros makes no sense.